It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Camera Shows Moon Crossing Face of Earth (Epic Dark Side of Moon images)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: IwillbeHONEST
a reply to: boymonkey74

Can you prove that these are real?

Of course I can't prove to YOU that they're fake. But, the fact that you unquestionably believe in these photos is telling enough for me. You won't be persuaded otherwise until an officially stamped authority deems this photo a fake. I don't need anyone to think for me. I make my own decisions and I don't look at pictures as proof of anything. Espeically in this day and age.

These images are consistent with what we know about the Earth, Moon, photography, and satellite imagery technology.

Please explain how they are not.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

The Earth and LEO were consistent with what we know in the movie Gravity as well as how we believe humans traverse microgravity.

Therefore, real.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

The Earth and LEO were consistent with what we know in the movie Gravity as well as how we believe humans traverse microgravity.

Therefore, real.

The move Gravity is a horrible example, because the manner by which they zipped around in space was completely inconsistent with the real shuttles and real space stations.

It was a fun film, but full of technological goofs.

I'm not really sure what you are trying to claim here. Are you saying that you don't think the Deep Space Climate Observatory (DSCOVR) probe is really out in space?

edit on 8/7/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

(post by jaffo removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: jaffo

Thanks, buddy. I've been called worse today for sure.

So, what hard-hitting REAL evidence do you have that this picture is real other than faith in what NASA says is true?

Also, please provide evidence that I'm "trolling" and these aren't my beliefs. That would be swell.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I'm not really sure what you are trying to claim here. Are you saying that you don't think the Deep Space Climate Observatory (DSCOVR) probe is really out in space?

In my opinion, no, no I don't. I'm on the fence with space travel. If that's okay with you guys, of course. Darn it, I'm retarded again aren't I?
edit on 7-8-2015 by IwillbeHONEST because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: IwillbeHONEST

As explained you brought up that it's dake first and have yet to show any proof it is faked.
Then you gave the gall to ask us for proof?.
Sorry its on you to prove it is fake.
So either show us your evidence or leave the thread because all you bleat is bs and are worth reporting if you don't shiw us evidence so again put up or shut up.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

What a nasty reply.

Is this what I'm to expect when I don't agree with a picture NASA claims is real? How, without going to space am I to prove that this is fake? The picture look hilarious to me. This offends you somehow? Oh, I get it - your worldview is somehow jeopardized by my opinion. That would explain why you call me a moron. And to think, we've never met.

(post by boymonkey74 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

In my opinion, no, no I don't. I'm on the fence with space travel. If that's okay with you guys, of course. Darn it, I'm retarded again aren't I?

Really? So you think every picture from space might be fake?

Why, exactly, do you have doubts that space travel is real? What are the things I see at night that a purported to be satellites? How does my GPS work, or satellite TV, or "Sirius/XM" radio? If a satellite TV dish is not pointed at the southern sky (from the Northern hemisphere), it does not work, so it seems that there is some signal coming from the southern sky. From where do you purport that the signal is coming if not from a satellite? Why does it seem that the images I see from weather satellites of clouds moving into my area of the country from another area of the country are consistent with the clouds I can see from the ground?

Why would every space-faring nation (Russia, China, India, Japan, European Nations, the U.S., etc.), plus the many more nations who operate satellites, lie about those satellites being in space?

If you have answers for these questions that make logical sense or are consistent with common knowledge, then maybe you might have a valid argument.

edit on 8/7/2015 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

Why, exactly, do you have doubts that space travel is real? What are the things I see at night that a purported to be satellites? How does my GPS work, or satellite TV, or "Sirius/XM" radio? Why does it seem that the images I see from weather satellites of clouds moving into my area of the country from another area of the country are consistent with the clouds I can see from the ground?

Why would every space-faring nation (Russia, China, India, Japan, European Nations, the U.S., etc.), plus the many more nations who operate Satellites lie about those satellites being in space?

Because. . . CONSPIRACY!!! RULE THE MASSES!!! SECRETS!!!

(post by jaffo removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: heliopolis

That's not what I read on the site..

I guess you missed this, because it may have been taken during that time...it was still less than two minutes to get what your seeing in the OP.

Combining three images taken about 30 seconds apart as the moon moves produces a slight but noticeable camera artifact on the right side of the moon.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

You do understand that is a Hollywood movie, and not a documentary?

Therefore, real.

Therefore not even close.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
When an object traveling in an arc, is viewed from a fixed vantage point, rotation of that object will be witnessed. The moon enters the frame as it leaves the shadow of the earth and it exits the frame as it re-enters the shadow of the earth, at least i presume it's the earth's shadow. that is 180 degrees of arc traveled; yet the markings on the moon surface never change their orientation to the edge of the moon. Even if there was a compression effect from the optics used on the satellite the orientation of the markings should change in relation to the apparent edge of the moon denoting the necessary rotation of the moon around a fixed point. At best it is a composite animation from two different sources.

(post by PublicOpinion removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Before you respond, be sure to tread lightly and realize that you don't know anything more than anyone.

Well we may not know...there are those that do.

Which one of you has been to space?

No need, as there are others more qualified to do that.

I for one am on the side that pretty much everything NASA does is a farce in regards to space photography. This picture, imo, may be the silliest of all.

And yet they aren't the only one's in space...so are all their pics a farce too?

www.esa.int...

Why because you don't think it's real...now that's silly.

It's a fake. And no silly rebuttal from you NASA guys or the ones who worship science and authority will change my mind. In fact, the harder you try the more an agenda is revealed.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

Why, exactly, do you have doubts that space travel is real? What are the things I see at night that a purported to be satellites? How does my GPS work, or satellite TV, or "Sirius/XM" radio? If a satellite TV dish is not pointed at the southern sky (from the Northern hemisphere), it does not work, so it seems that there is some signal coming from the southern sky. From where do you purport that the signal is coming if not from a satellite? Why does it seem that the images I see from weather satellites of clouds moving into my area of the country from another area of the country are consistent with the clouds I can see from the ground?

Why would every space-faring nation (Russia, China, India, Japan, European Nations, the U.S., etc.), plus the many more nations who operate satellites, lie about those satellites being in space?

If you have answers for these questions that make logical sense or are consistent with common knowledge, then maybe you might have a valid argument.

Great question, Soylent. GPS can be ground-based (I realize this isn't what my phone supposedly operates from) but maybe they can ping the location off of the ionsphere or something stationed not as high as geostationary orbit.

TV dishes used to be ground based so maybe they've improved the tech and were sold into the lie

Weather patterns are also tracked by ground based instruments and maybe satellite imagery we're given are graphics of this.

Maybe everyone else lies about space tech to garner profit just like I proposed we do.

Now, this is where I'm going to be hammered so bear with me - I don't believe newton's third law would work in micrograivty/vacuum. I believe rockets work by pushing against massive amounts of atmosphere. So, I don't believe that apparatus would work in space as the gases would just be sent out without the resistence needed to push an object in any direction. I don't believe the propulsion would push against the rocket because the resistance behind the booster would be shot in a direction forever the other way.

This video disproves Newton's Third law in an earth-based experiment:

www.youtube.com...

Please, refrain from insults as I've never seen a valid answer about rocketry working in space and this ususally ends in an insult contest.

Yes, I realize this goes against everything we know and will probably cause an uproar in this thread.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   

So, what hard-hitting REAL evidence do you have that this picture is real other than faith in what NASA says is true?

Other than your accusations...how do you know they aren't real, and what they say isn't true?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join