It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Atheists: I will prove to you that there is a Creator to the universe. Come debate me.

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

I was eluding to your soul I figured you didn't want to go there your soul is eternal it is energy and operates your brain it is responsible for the signals sent from it to your body...

That was a quote from you again.

Can you define "Eternal" for me then???

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

that is a poor translation too many other scriptures portray eternal torment...

now I'm not wanting to discuss hell but to me simply being in the presence of God after death to be removed from his presence would destroy your soul leaving you in eternal torment left wanting to be back in his presence I hope you can understand that...

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

You're right, hell is not the subject of this thread. And obviously, as an atheist, it makes no never mind if it's eternal or not. Just sharing this link on the subject though. You may find it interesting (I did), however extensive. This is not a Christian bashing site either! www.hellhadesafterlife.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

I was eluding to your soul I figured you didn't want to go there your soul is eternal it is energy and operates your brain it is responsible for the signals sent from it to your body...

That was a quote from you again.

Can you define "Eternal" for me then???

Eternal is knowing that any spacecraft that is heading out of our solar system, will go on forever. There is no end to the universe, as much as we cannot understand it, it expands forever in all directions and there is no limit.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheChrome
Eternal is knowing that any spacecraft that is heading out of our solar system, will go on forever. There is no end to the universe, as much as we cannot understand it, it expands forever in all directions and there is no limit.

Spacecraft??? Ok, I'll play along.

What if that spacecraft hits a planet outside our solar system??? Or just a big rock in space. It won't go on forever then will it???

Space doesn't extend in all directions forever though. If we're talking about expansion we don't know if it ends or not as we can only measure so far. We only have our observable Universe.

If we're talking about contraction, there is a limit actually. It's at the Planck Length.

Whether these are actually the true limit or not is somewhat theoretical but currently it is our limit to what we know.

Limitlessness is something that we cannot measure or prove. We can play with the concept of it within math and as a mental exercise but that's all. As far as it being within our reality remains unsolved as of yet.

**For now though let's set this aside. I'm waiting for an answer to the contradiction in Capt. Kirk's reasoning first. In other words, to quote Star Wars, "Stay on Target!!"
edit on 8-8-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   

a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I'm 17

If you presume to know my worth my knowledge base or level of intelligence by knowing my age...

Well then you are the fool...

You can get back to me in say about 17 years and we will see if you believe the same things as you do today ...until then the conversation is mute/...

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   

a reply to: Grimpachi

why would God want to justify his existence to you?

Truth is he is scared you want to do things to his genitals...

In my humble opinion, this quote shows that the quoted member has been trolling all along.

Why wouldn't god want to justify his (sic) existence to us, and all throughout history in various cultures, his (for the sake of this) genitals have been available for us to do things to them...

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

I have lived on my own since 16...
I earn over 300k a year
I am a contractor residential as well as commercial construction wood framework/timber frame
I know enough...

Ladies and gentlemen, I think we are talking to the new Noah! Please forgive us your worshipfulness, we are but simple folk, we know not of what we speak.

But seriously, there's not one single God-fearing soul that I know of that measures their worth by the dollar. You are not a real Christian at all, you're just a child.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I'm 17

If you presume to know my worth my knowledge base or level of intelligence by knowing my age...

Well then you are the fool...

Sometimes -- sometimes not.

I've had an indepth discussion on ATS with a 13 year old that had more insight then many adults.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

a reply to: Grimpachi

why would God want to justify his existence to you?

Truth is he is scared you want to do things to his genitals...

Not his existence, so much as his sovereign authority, so called. That's what I would be inclined to challenge. Also his psychological stability and background. Just like you would if there was a nutjob in office.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

More lies from you...

show me where I said this...

edit on 8-8-2015 by 5StarOracle because: Break

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

a reply to: WakeUpBeer

that is a poor translation too many other scriptures portray eternal torment...

now I'm not wanting to discuss hell but to me simply being in the presence of God after death to be removed from his presence would destroy your soul leaving you in eternal torment left wanting to be back in his presence I hope you can understand that...

first, no one person should have that much power over anyone else. its creepy and its unhealthy.

second, it sounds as though you have idolized an addiction.

Addiction is a state characterized by compulsive engagement in rewarding stimuli, despite adverse consequences. It can be thought of as a disease or biological process leading to such behaviors. The two properties that characterize all addictive stimuli are that they are reinforcing (i.e., they increase the likelihood that a person will seek repeated exposure to them) and intrinsically rewarding (i.e., something perceived as being positive or desirable).

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 8-8-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
this is how God is defined the number one reference...

the one Supreme Being, the creator and ruler of the universe.

I believe this to be accurate because nobody can show me a credible example of how things pop into existence in this universe from Nothing that is the keyword...

I say this is evidence of a creator who has set in motion all things in the universe and has even allowed for things to evolve or progress in his creation...

I say all things are bound by the rules set in place which govern his creation...

this is why I have said he therefore would have to exist outside of his creation because, thus he is not bound by the same rules of its confines...

he can therefore not be judged by these rules and can therefore have no need of being created as all things in the universe...

I have said your soul is eternal I did not say it had no origin perhaps eternal is not the best word because I believe it has an origin, I just believe it has no end...

not have I said your soul originated here in this universe nor have I said it will remain in this universe when the connection is severed from your physical being...
edit on 8-8-2015 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Give it up he's not a person remember?

He's the supreme being the creator of the universe aka God...

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

things get a lot simpler when you condense them into one sentence. but as einstein said, things should be put simply, but not simpler.

In monotheism and henotheism, God is conceived as the Supreme Being and principal object of faith. The concept of God as described by theologians commonly includes the attributes of omniscience (infinite knowledge), omnipotence (unlimited power), omnipresence (present everywhere), omnibenevolence (perfect goodness), divine simplicity, and eternal and necessary existence. In theism, God is the creator and sustainer of the universe, while in deism, God is the creator, but not the sustainer, of the universe. Monotheism is the belief in the existence of one God or in the oneness of God. In pantheism, God is the universe itself. In atheism, God does not exist, while God is deemed unknown or unknowable within the context of agnosticism. God has also been conceived as being incorporeal (immaterial), a personal being, the source of all moral obligation, and the "greatest conceivable existent". Many notable medieval philosophers and modern philosophers have developed arguments for and against the existence of God.

There are many names for God, and different names are attached to different cultural ideas about God's identity and attributes. In the ancient Egyptian era of Atenism, possibly the earliest recorded monotheistic religion, this deity was called Aten, premised on being the one "true" Supreme Being and Creator of the Universe. In the Hebrew Bible and Judaism, "He Who Is," "I Am that I Am", and the tetragrammaton YHWH are used as names of God, while Yahweh and Jehovah are sometimes used in Christianity as vocalizations of YHWH. In Judaism, it is common to refer to God by the titular names Elohim or Adonai, the latter of which is believed by some scholars to descend from the Egyptian Aten. In Islam, the name Allah, "Al-El," or "Al-Elah" ("the God") is used, while Muslims also have a multitude of titular names for God. In Hinduism, Brahman is often considered a monistic deity. Other religions have names for God, for instance, Baha in the Bahá'í Faith, Waheguru in Sikhism, and Ahura Mazda in Zoroastrianism.

The many different conceptions of God, and competing claims as to God's characteristics, aims, and actions, have led to the development of ideas of omnitheism, pandeism, or a perennial philosophy, which postulates that there is one underlying theological truth, of which all religions express a partial understanding, and as to which "the devout in the various great world religions are in fact worshipping that one God, but through different, overlapping concepts or mental images of him.

en.wikipedia.org...

this is as close as you are going to get to an actual definition. for now, anyway. i highly recommend you take a look at how many faces theology has, how many voices, and how small your spiritual world is by comparison.

Give it up he's not a person remember?

He's the supreme being the creator of the universe aka God...

so, you just gonna bury your head in the sand?

♫ Buddy you're a young man, hard man
Shoutin' in the street, gonna take on the world some day
You got blood on your face, you big disgrace
Wavin' your banner all over the place... ♫

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Will you rock me?

Apparently not, for you just defined God as the creator of the Universe I don't care what name or religion is used to do so...

more of the same silly behaviour...

your link which is not even your own interpretation still says God is the Creator of the universe and that's the bottom line...

(post by 5StarOracle removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Will you rock me?

Apparently not, for you just defined God as the creator of the Universe I don't care what name or religion is used to do so...

more of the same silly behaviour...

your link which is not even your own interpretation still says God is the Creator of the universe and that's the bottom line...

i guess there is only one way to be absolutely certain, and we will both be there one day.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

if I am wrong and I'm not saying I am but if there is no God we will be conscious of nothing at all and be no where...

you guys all seem to be taking what I'm saying from a religious aspect that's not what I'm doing, I am man remember?

how can man or anything restricted to the confines of the universe created by God even begin to assume knowing him fully?

that's just as absurd to me as saying he's unreal...

new topics

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join