It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First-Ever Televised Exorcism This Halloween

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
endtimeheadlines.org...

America has become obsessed with dark things, even Pope Francis can’t stop talking about performing exorcisms. Just last weekend, an 8 foot high statue of Baphomet was unveiled and hundreds bowed down to worship it. The Age of Grace is nearly at an end now, and what is waiting in the wings is truly frightening.

Looks like something is wrong with people. Not that I'm scared by such things. I'm interested in the paranormal but it's just the motivation to show this to people of all ages and LIVE as if it was a important event.
edit on 2-8-2015 by Eagleyedobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Eagleyedobserver

Well, that certainly seems foolhardy

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I'm sure it will be just as "real" as the Discovery mermaid "documentary", or something along those lines.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct
I'm sure it will be just as "real" as the Discovery mermaid "documentary", or something along those lines.

That's what I was just thinking.

It might be fun though?

Hopefully done better than that mermaid thing. That was just silly.

“By actually exorcising this iconic house live, Destination America will do what it does best — bringing never before seen experiences to television.”

using state of the art technology to do daytime and nighttime investigations, documenting as much evidence as they can of demonic entities on live TV.

Nevermind...
It's going to be one of those ghost hunter shows, but "live"
ugh...
So silly..

Lol

edit on 2-8-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

So...a lot of yelling and a lot of over acting/reacting? Ugh.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

a reply to: Reverbs

So...a lot of yelling and a lot of over acting/reacting? Ugh.

it's so sad they do that.. Lowest form of TV. Hmm well I havn't watched TV in a while, so I guess I shouldn't say that, haha. Probably sunk lower by now.

There have been some times in my life though.. Demon and UFO stuff.
If I had it recorded you guys would freak out.

edit on 2-8-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eagleyedobserver
the motivation to show this to people of all ages and LIVE as if it was a important event.

Wait until we start having televised executions for all ages.

Motivation? To instill fear and rake in the cash because you know it will be a pay-per-view event.

Jude

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Yes. Probably fake but in the end evil intentions.

They think just because it's Halloween people won't notice the difference between some Horror movie, 'Real' Ghost hunting and the insanity of Exorcism lol.

I listened trough the whole audio of that German girl that apparently had the Devil in her . Didn't scare me but it sounded authentic...

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Reminds of Yvette Fielding and Most Haunted Live (a UK paranormal "reality" tv show.)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Eagleyedobserver

The only way to do an exorcism would to be to get a real psychologist who could explain that demon possession is a form of mental illness.

Whether it comes from schizophrenia or because someine believes that demons have power over freewill is anyone's guess.

But demon possession outside of mental disorders don't exist. Jesus was a healer not a psychologist.

And if the Jews and Christians don't believe Elijah at the alter of Baal then they don't believe in their own scriptures.

Performing these bogus rituals only enhances the chance that someone will become psychotic and believe they are possessed by demons.

Believing in demon possession is a form of insanity all by itself in my opinion.
edit on 2-8-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eagleyedobserver

Yes. Probably fake but in the end evil intentions.

They think just because it's Halloween people won't notice the difference between some Horror movie, 'Real' Ghost hunting and the insanity of Exorcism lol.

I listened trough the whole audio of that German girl that apparently had the Devil in her . Didn't scare me but it sounded authentic...

It is my opinion that a schizophrenic who believes in demon possession would likey act out their mental disorder in the form that would appear to be demon possession.

If they didn't believe in demon possession they may have been able to receive psychological help and truly been saved from their illness.

The bible tells a story about the epileptic who the Jews thought was demon possessed. Thank God for modern science that has proven that illness does not come from demon possession.

Since there was a time not long ago when Sin and Satan were blamed for virtually all illness.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
There is a lot of money to be made scaring gullible people on television.
If the fruit is ripe for the picking, somebody is going to fill their basket.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I will be watching!

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tindalos2013
Reminds of Yvette Fielding and Most Haunted Live (a UK paranormal "reality" tv show.)

LoL i remember that show, nothing but entertainment value, it got REALLY REALLY hoaky towards the end

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
"OK, so I know we said we would get that demon out of your tortured soul today, but we had an idea that maybe we could hold off until Halloween. We can air it live and really get some great publicity out of this sucker, you know? So, if you could just chill for a couple more months and just deal with your demonic possession, that would be great."

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
They're featuring Chip Coffey, once I read that I'm not gonna watch it.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Hilarious

Naturally it will be a REAL exorcism, because the family would be keen to wait for Halloween ratings to expel a demon from their loved one.

And people don't think Darwinism is a real thing

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Oh god I just saw it's Chip Coffey.....

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

I don't beleieve in exorcism, not in that way. I think demons don't exist. I think what exists is bad spirits who were here in the human world in reincarnation but they were still people and not demons. I think exorcism cannot repel/ban these bad spirits, because this would mean repelling/banning us humans. It's the spirit's decision if they will go or stay.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Maybe the placebo effect would work. My mother for instance is a huge hypochondriac, Just last week I was debunking her fears that she had rabies, and this week its epilepsy without having any kind of seizure activity. It's always, always something. If she comes to me and says that she is possessed, I will "perform" an exorcism on her and when the "demon" is cast out, just maybe she will believe that she is cured and that there is no longer anything wrong with her. Quite possibly this would work for quite a few demonic possession cases. I'm not saying that demons aren't real, just that in a society where ghost stories are COOL, and with the power of suggestion, I'm not surprised that everyone and their uncle has a ghost and or a demon in the house/barn/younger sibling/cat.

Now this show will be no different than a ghost hunters episode, there will be way to many commercials and special lighting as well as the typical tricks of fishing line tied to picture frames to make them rattle and fans off screen to make a wind through the house. This persons eyes will roll into the back of their head and they will curse the name of God (drinking game anyone?) There will be eyewitness accounts of shadow men with glowing eyes and things going bang in the night. It will be performed at night of course because oooo spooky. Honestly if a demon was actually possessing someone does it truly matter the time of day? IF, if a dark evil force is stronger at night, wouldn't it be safe to say that it would be weaker during the day and easier to expel?

If I can find it, I'll be watching. Why? Because I'm a sucker for this kind of thing. I can't help it I LOVE it and I'm not ashamed to admit it. With that being said, I just don't believe everything thing I see on tv. Now give me good solid proof, like with my own two eyes and ears and I'll worship the ground you walk on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join