It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First-Ever Televised Exorcism This Halloween

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: squirlnado

Maybe the placebo effect would work. My mother for instance is a huge hypochondriac, Just last week I was debunking her fears that she had rabies, and this week its epilepsy without having any kind of seizure activity. It's always, always something.

This is off topic but... You do that for your Mom? That is so nice. Must be tough though.

I am so happy I don't have any inclination to watch television and least of all this.
Nice thread though.
Why do we have such big brains? an ants nervous system would be suitable considering how little we use what we have.

edit on 14-9-2015 by WalkInSilence because: phyf

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73
a reply to: Eagleyedobserver

The only way to do an exorcism would to be to get a real psychologist who could explain that demon possession is a form of mental illness.

Whether it comes from schizophrenia or because someine believes that demons have power over freewill is anyone's guess.

But demon possession outside of mental disorders don't exist. Jesus was a healer not a psychologist.

And if the Jews and Christians don't believe Elijah at the alter of Baal then they don't believe in their own scriptures.

Performing these bogus rituals only enhances the chance that someone will become psychotic and believe they are possessed by demons.

Believing in demon possession is a form of insanity all by itself in my opinion.

There is no money to be made for psychologists who DO believe in demon possession. Simple math there.

"The only way to do an exorcism would to be to get a real psychologist who could explain that demon possession is a form of mental illness."
Perhaps if you could convince demons of that first, they would leave the possessed alone?

Experiencing demon possession is much worse than just believing in it, at least from what formerly possessed folks have said.

And:
Performing bogus rituals only pisses off the demon further, which puts the victim through a lot more agony.

I suggest no one attempt any ritual unless you are a priest with professional experience getting rid of those things.

And don't attempt to deal with something you don't comprehend.
Even watching a possession in a movie or some docu-drama can be dangerous. Things like this are on the increase these days for a good reason, and it ain't good.

And ""Performing these bogus rituals only enhances the chance that someone will become psychotic and believe they are possessed by demons.""
So you are saying rituals, or even bogus ones have the power to inflict the pathology onto a mind inducing a psychotic episode?

Thats some powerful Mojo there !
edit on 14-9-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Shame I'll probably working that day. I'm sure it will at least be a bit comedic in some ways ( For me at least ). I just can't take TV too seriously these days.

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Oo ooo OOOOh Oo Oooo ...I hope its HIllary.

Sorry, I couldn't stop myself...

posted on Sep, 14 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Here we go. Pick a house, any house, wait till it's dark, turn on the infra red, have a "psychic" present. fake demonic attack, scream a lot. throw stuff around, have the film crue confirm it really happened. Have i missed anything.?

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   

This isn't the first ever. They did one back in the 1970's - 80s, i think they did it on NBC or something. They recently re-told the same story of the event on paranormal witness.

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

The bible tells a story about the epileptic who the Jews thought was demon possessed. Thank God for modern science that has proven that illness does not come from demon possession.

Ah yes, like for example schizophrenia where scientists use blood tests, genetic makeup and brain imaging to prove someone is suffering from that illness. Oh no wait there are no real scientific tests for that, sorry my bad. I guess it's such a convincing science it doesn't even need real scientific tests like the other sciences. And thank something scientists aren't making billions like the Church did.. oh no wait again I'm wrong sorry, guess all that money goes into research and it's all for the betterment of mankind.
edit on 21-9-2015 by johnnyjoe1979 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I kind of hope something does happen just because it's such a fascinating topic and more data would be nice to have.

But that would be at the expense of somebody else so it isn't worth it. Could go either way, I will be interested and following this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join