It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets reverse the roles.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: danielsil18

Then you don't pay very much attention to the world around you.
Gravity-the gravitational force of two bodies of mass is directly proportional to the product of their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them. This is a formula used to calculate a pattern we have observed in nature.

Speed of Light in a vaccum - number used to describe the maximum speed of the universe.

A pattern is something that repeats.So for example we observe that nothing can get faster than the speed of light in a vacuum . We observe nothing can get smaller than a planck length. The smallest unit of time is a planck unit. All of these have mathematical descriptions and there are tons more.

We can leave mathematics and discuss the water cycle. The life cycle. The carbon cycle. The process of DNA replication. The circadian rhythms of the Body. The list goes on. It would be foolish to attempt to say that there are not recurring patterns in nature.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Is the love vibration from another level of being automatically proof of one/every definition of a god being?

Yes. We wouldnt feel love if God was not real. We feel love so obviously God is real.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Faith plays a role in everyone's life, whether they acknowledge it or not. All humans will trust in someone or something. I have chosen to put my trust in God/Jesus, and he hasn't let me down.

Well I'd have to ask you to define Faith. I'd also ask why put your trust in Jesus rather than in yourself or in humanity?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I was taught in state-controlled schools. They never lie, because they say they don't lie.

Your talk of bibles and gods is just a way to control me when government offers freedom through their control of me!

Thats where you went wrong in life.

You should have gone to a Christian School where they only teach the truth.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

Nope, I dont see any patterns.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: danielsil18

I was taught in state-controlled schools. They never lie, because they say they don't lie.

Your talk of bibles and gods is just a way to control me when government offers freedom through their control of me!

From atheist beez;

How can I obey government when I'm asked to believe in your sky-king?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I was taught in man-controlled churches. They never lie, because they say they don't lie.

Your talk of Constitutions and governments is just a way to control me when Jesus offers freedom through his control of me!

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb
a reply to: Klassified

Faith plays a role in everyone's life, whether they acknowledge it or not. All humans will trust in someone or something. I have chosen to put my trust in God/Jesus, and he hasn't let me down.

Well I'd have to ask you to define Faith. I'd also ask why put your trust in Jesus rather than in yourself or in humanity?

Jesus died for us in the cross. You would be crazy not to put your trust on someone that died for you.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

a reply to: Cuervo

Ok then, I have my faith in God and you have your faith in science.

Your life must be miserable without God.

"Atheist Cuervo" response:

No actually, my life is freakin' amazing. By your rationale, that's enough proof for me to claim that your god does not exist. That is every bit as much proof as you've given me.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I was taught in man-controlled churches. They never lie, because they say they don't lie.

Your talk of Constitutions and governments is just a way to control me when Jesus offers freedom through his control of me!

From atheist beez

You have no concept of freedom, bible-thumper!

Doesn't the bible have slavery? Doesn't it subjugate women?

Government knows everything! Everyone is FREE to have their faith in government.

Your "churches and temples" make you pay a tithe.

We give taxes to better ourselves in our freedom-slavery!

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

From atheist beez;

How can I obey government when I'm asked to believe in your sky-king?

You should only obey the Lord God your savior.

The government is against us. Didnt you see what they did? They are ALLOWING gays to marry!! The end is coming. Repent before it happens.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Life from my perspective is defined as an organismic state characterized by capacity for metabolism, growth, reaction to stimuli, and reproduction. A rock does not posses these qualities and therefore I would not consider it to be part of life. Its seems to me your taking the word life and trying to define it as the totality of physical existence. I think we simply disagree on what life is. Just because I am a collection of atoms that has evolved into a system that utilizes electrochemical reactions to move thru space doesn't mean anything. Just because the energy from my body cannot be destroyed doesn't mean I will remain a living being. If I lost that organismic state and its characterizations I am not living and there for not a part of life.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

God gives you an amazing life and yet you hate him enough to say that he doesnt exist.

How can you be sure that God doesnt exist.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Explain to me how the things I have presented to you are not recurring patterns. If I measure the speed of light in a vacuum today will it be any different than it was an hour before? If I calculate the speed that an apple will fall from a tree will the algorithm used to arrive at the number change from day to day or will it stay the same? You called me a cheater but atheist don't have to agree on whether patterns exist in nature. The only thing I am required to "believe" as an atheist is that there is not a supernatural deity.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

THAT'S BECAUSE GOVERNMENT KNOWS WHAT IS BEST FOR EVERYONE!

Sorry, didn't mean to shout, but your crazy talk is sounds a lot like insurrection. If you aren't obeying government, then we'll have to lock you up!

But it'll be for your own good.

So you can thank us later.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Maybe he did maybe he didn't. Aside from the Bible what evidence do you have that the man even existed?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

You have no concept of freedom, bible-thumper!

Its you who has no concept of freedom you science-book-humper!

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

You obviously have never attended my church, my pastor teaches the truth! You won't find that in any other church in America or the world.

Even though my pastor teaches salvation through Jesus' sacrifice just like every other church and he teaches that that belief in Jesus' sacrifice is all that truly matters, all those other churches have it wrong! Wrong wrong wrong I tell you! They don't really believe in Jesus'sacrifice, they just believe that they believe it, and as we know, believing in that sacrifice doesn't really count if you don't have my pastor!

Your government is the devil! They make people swear on the bible before taking office! That's totally different from my church swearing that the bible is the truth!

Food stamps? Pffff, try believing and never being hungry or thirsty again! That's where it's at!

Your government-run slave trade called the work force has nothing on worshipping and serving God for all of eternity!

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

The only thing I am required to "believe" as an atheist is that there is not a supernatural deity.

Ill pray for your lost soul.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb

Maybe he did maybe he didn't. Aside from the Bible what evidence do you have that the man even existed?

He spoke to me.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join