It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets reverse the roles.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: danielsil18
a reply to: Cuervo

Bu you can only know God if you have faith in him.

Not believing in God is also proof that the Bible is true because it says that Satan is the greatest liar and he obviously lied to you about God not existing. The proof is in the Bible.

"Atheist Cuervo" response:

That is not proof, whatsoever. All it proves is that the underwear gnome legend includes an archenemy who will spread lies to make people not believe in underwear gnomes. Again, it's part of the fictional underwear gnome mythology. It has no bearing on reality and there is no reason for me to think it does.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ServantOfTheLamb
a reply to: danielsil18

The proof is the Bible because the Bible is the word of God.

Ok so I would concede that if God exist then his word is true, but what makes you think he exist and what makes you think the Bible is his word?

This world couldnt have been randomly created. Obviously God created it.

The Bible is his word because it says so in the Bible. Do you think Jesus didnt know how to write?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

a reply to: beezzer

Everyone having faith is proof the God is real because he created all of us with faith so we all could find him before dying.

God may believe in everyone, but everyone doesn't believe in God.

Everyone not believing in God is proof that God created free will.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ServantOfTheLamb

Um, excuse me for interrupting. But could you please offer a rebuttal to the ENTIRETY of my post?

You have to read the whole thing and rebutt before you get to move on.

Here:
This is my argument:

"Do you not understand what horrible things are going to happen? To YOU, physically and emotionally for ALL ETERNITY?
All you had to do was say, 'I accept Jesus and I'm a hopeless sinner' - that was IT! That was all you have to do.

*listens* Wait..."works"? Excuse me? I don't even know what that i...
oh hold on. Okay, yeah that's that weird idea that you have to actually DO THINGS Nonono - faith alone. That's all!! (Pretty straightforward. No biggie.)

*listens* Oh, well, what do you mean you were baptized as an infant! Pffffttahhhaa! What?! That doesn't count. That's like the tradition in the Catholic Church (and some of it's poser offshoots like the Episcopalians, etc) --- how can a baby know they accept Jesus?? Those Catholics aren't Christians anyway - for Pete's sake, the Black Pope is in charge now! Do you know what that even IS??? That's the Jesuit bad guy - the Sith Lord - the Antichrist's messenger.

*listens* Pahaha!!! No, I don't believe that. You are claiming : that: Babies were baptized as infants so in case they died before age 1 they wouldn't go to Purgator----? oh - wait - limbo? WHAT? Nono, you have to be of reasonable age and consciously choose to accept Jesus. How could a baby do that? Pffft.

anyway, that's neither here nor there. I'm really mostly worried about your soul ---
do you really not care if you wind up in hell? I'd hate to know you were there, because I care about you, my brother, and it would be horrible for me in heaven to imagine you writhing in agony forever and not a da-- darn thing I can do about it, ever.

Because, you know, I love you. And I don't want you to endure that rude awakening, so - would you PLEASE behave before it's too late? STOP with the music and drinking and enjoying yourself.

I'll pray for you.

Your sister in Christ

edit on 8/1/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

You are wrong when you say that there are no reasons to believe in God.

Why do you go to school? to have a better future. Same with believing in God.

Not only will God help you have a better life, but you will live happy for eternity in Heaven.

This is an argument from omniscience . You are pretending as though you know his motives. Not logical, and doesn't count as any form of argument.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

So you think this Universe was created by nothing?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

There is nothing to rebut. You simply keep forcing Pascal's wager, which can only be provided as a reason to form an educated about God it is not evidence for his existence.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

You are wrong when you say that there are no reasons to believe in God.

Why do you go to school? to have a better future. Same with believing in God.

Not only will God help you have a better life, but you will live happy for eternity in Heaven.

This is an argument from omniscience . You are pretending as though you know his motives. Not logical, and doesn't count as any form of argument.

I know his motives because he talks to me.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

try again.

"Do you not understand what horrible things are going to happen? To YOU, physically and emotionally for ALL ETERNITY?
All you had to do was say, 'I accept Jesus and I'm a hopeless sinner' - that was IT! That was all you have to do.

*listens* Wait..."works"? Excuse me? I don't even know what that i...
oh hold on. Okay, yeah that's that weird idea that you have to actually DO THINGS Nonono - faith alone. That's all!! (Pretty straightforward. No biggie.)

*listens* Oh, well, what do you mean you were baptized as an infant! Pffffttahhhaa! What?! That doesn't count. That's like the tradition in the Catholic Church (and some of it's poser offshoots like the Episcopalians, etc) --- how can a baby know they accept Jesus?? Those Catholics aren't Christians anyway - for Pete's sake, the Black Pope is in charge now! Do you know what that even IS??? That's the Jesuit bad guy - the Sith Lord - the Antichrist's messenger.

*listens* Pahaha!!! No, I don't believe that. You are claiming : that: Babies were baptized as infants so in case they died before age 1 they wouldn't go to Purgator----? oh - wait - limbo? WHAT? Nono, you have to be of reasonable age and consciously choose to accept Jesus. How could a baby do that? Pffft.

anyway, that's neither here nor there. I'm really mostly worried about your soul ---
do you really not care if you wind up in hell? I'd hate to know you were there, because I care about you, my brother, and it would be horrible for me in heaven to imagine you writhing in agony forever and not a da-- darn thing I can do about it, ever.

Because, you know, I love you. And I don't want you to endure that rude awakening, so - would you PLEASE behave before it's too late? STOP with the music and drinking and enjoying yourself.

I'll pray for you.

Your sister in Christ

THAT ^^^ is my argument.
Don't be obtuse.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

What you see right now is God's expression. God is life and light correct? You see both right now. The source that never left is the life force within you and every other living thing.
edit on 8/1/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

So you think this Universe was created by nothing?

"Atheist Cuervo" response:

Nobody knows exactly how the universe began. We have prevailing theories based on evidence as to the nature of the beginning but not the cause. This is no reason to assume it was "God". It being created from nothing is just as likely as it being created from god. As an atheist, I wait for evidence and that evidence informs my perspective.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

a reply to: beezzer

Everyone having faith is proof the God is real because he created all of us with faith so we all could find him before dying.

God may believe in everyone, but everyone doesn't believe in God.

Everyone not believing in God is proof that God created free will.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . yup.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Why couldnt this world have came into creation by random chance? The things you view as order in the universe are merely our mathematical descriptions of how the world works. We made up symbols and ideas to create a description of a recurring pattern in nature. This doesn't mean that nature is designed just the language we use to describe it.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

What makes you think life has always been? If life has not always been then that part of the source has not always been. What are is life? What is light? Is god my light bulb? Is God my heart?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

It being created from nothing is just as likely as it being created from god.

We have trillions of galaxies in this universe. Each galaxy has billions of stars and you think that its possible that it was created by nothing?

How can it be possible that all of that matter was created by nothing?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Please point out to me what part is not some how eluding to pascal's wager...

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Energy cannot be created nor destroyed, life and consciousness is energy, so yes life has always existed according to the law of thermodynamics. It may not have always existed on this particular planet but in a universal sense it has.

What is life? You're living it right now. What is light? You're seeing it right now. Yes, God is your "lightbulb" and also in your heart.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

What? What is "Pascal's Wager" please?

Look, if you don't want to believe that God is real, that's on you. But you will be very rudely awakened, friend. VERY rudely.
Plus - the Bible.

sheesh!

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

So I believe that it is helpful to swap your role on occasion. In this thread I would like the atheist/agnostic to argue from the other side. Try and present a convincing argument for God. The Christians should play the role of the atheist and explain why the argument is unconvincing. I believe this increases understanding from both sides. So lets play.

Faith plays a role in everyone's life, whether they acknowledge it or not. All humans will trust in someone or something. I have chosen to put my trust in God/Jesus, and he hasn't let me down. I don't expect you to believe me. Nor am I interested in proving it to you. I trust the Holy Spirit to do what I am unable to do. I can only tell you my life has taken on a whole new meaning since I have looked to him for daily guidance.
That was my first impression to write without reading any replies. Now I'll go through the thread.
edit on 8/1/2015 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Why couldnt this world have came into creation by random chance? The things you view as order in the universe are merely our mathematical descriptions of how the world works. We made up symbols and ideas to create a description of a recurring pattern in nature. This doesn't mean that nature is designed just the language we use to describe it.

Cheater.

As an atheist I wouldnt say that there is order in the universe or that there is a recurring pattern in nature.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join