It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catholic Nun Explains Pro-Life In A Way That Will Stun Many (Especially Republican Lawmakers)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Whenever I hear pro-birth activists/supporters talk about all the "millions of babies" that could be "saved" each year, I think, "Saved for what, a society that refuses to have anything to do with them once they're born? Your love for those "millions of babies" would turn to indifference at best and hatred at worst once they're born."

A society that values children not for what they can contribute to a society's culture but for how much money ("dung of the devil" as Pope Francis called it) can be spent by and on behalf of them as a consumer?

A society where a child's, or adult's for that matter, value lies in the amount of money s/he can generate for someone else?

For years now, that type of "deeply lacking" morality has been presented as the face of Christianity. It is no wonder that the disgust of religion and their "God" has grown.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: desert

Not to mention, murder by cop, the death penalty, collateral damage during 'wartime' ... pro-life ... what a joke.

Great post.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: olddognewtricks

And there is a huge difference between a crack baby who suffers day after day, week after week, month after month - and the merciful ending of a fetus (who hasn't even been born yet) in a few minutes.

I am much more concerned for the constant and ongoing suffering of the child born in poverty than I am for the fetus who hasn't even finished gestating yet. I am amazed that you (and others like you) seem to feel just the opposite.

YOU amaze ME in thinking that MURDERING ANOTHER PERSON is somehow the ANSWER.

Are you insane?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: desert
So the Pro-Choicer says "Whenever I hear pro-birth activists/supporters talk about all the "millions of babies" that could be "saved" each year, I think, "Saved for what, a society that refuses to have anything to do with them once they're born? Your love for those "millions of babies" would turn to indifference at best and hatred at worst once they're born."

Pro lifer says "Yeah, you are totally right!"

Pro-Choicer says "A society that values children not for what they can contribute to a society's culture but for how much money ("dung of the devil" as Pope Francis called it) can be spent by and on behalf of them as a consumer?"

Pro lifer says "Right on!"

Pro-Choicer says "A society where a child's, or adult's for that matter, value lies in the amount of money s/he can generate for someone else?

For years now, that type of "deeply lacking" morality has been presented as the face of Christianity. It is no wonder that the disgust of religion and their "God" has grown.
"

Pro lifer says "Totally!"

Pro-Choicer says "So lets start KILLING PEOPLE!!!!"

Pro lifer says " What??? Wait! Whoa! Hold on!"

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

No "pro-choicer" anywhere has ever said "let's kill people."

That is a lie, and you know it's a lie.

Pro-choice doesn't even mean one supports abortion INDIVIDUALLY, only that, it is a woman's choice rather than the State's.

However, I have heard adherents to the same political ideology that generally ascribes to anti-choice state:

"Kill them all, and let God sort them out."

Perhaps clean your own house before you complain about others.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I never said it was the answer. The answer is to fix poverty. Once you fix that, the need for abortions will fade away.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv
no it won't.....
will decrease, yes, but there will always be a need for it.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
no it won't.....
will decrease, yes, but there will always be a need for it.

Yes, but there are some very easy "fixes" to dramatically reduce the need for abortions: birth control and education.

Right-wingers love to cut those programs though, because they're more concerned about dollars than "babies."

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66
if they would treat motherhood with a little honor it would help also. but nope, all you hear is how mothers are sitting around all day watching tv while the fathers are out working their tails off.
I was a stay at home mom for about 10 years, got to tell ya, when I finally got to go back into the workforce, it was like a vacation for me for quite some time! on call 24/7, playing maid, counselor, nurse, organizer, and so much more, hey, it's hard work.
they've let the economy get to the point where for many, having a child or two is a sure path to a lifetime of proverty, and quite frankly, there is no reason for it! outside of course, the strong desire for the big wigs to have more wealth under their belt.
and well the way the pro-life laws that are being passed, well, it gets any worse, women will feel that children aren't worth the danged risk! what the heck in some states, if you abort, it's perfectly legal, but well, if you miscarry, you might find yourself in prison. ya, that's some danged incentive to have kids isn't it!

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
if they would treat motherhood with a little honor it would help also. but nope, all you hear is how mothers are sitting around all day watching tv while the fathers are out working their tails off.
I was a stay at home mom for about 10 years, got to tell ya, when I finally got to go back into the workforce, it was like a vacation for me for quite some time! on call 24/7, playing maid, counselor, nurse, organizer, and so much more, hey, it's hard work.
they've let the economy get to the point where for many, having a child or two is a sure path to a lifetime of proverty, and quite frankly, there is no reason for it! outside of course, the strong desire for the big wigs to have more wealth under their belt.
and well the way the pro-life laws that are being passed, well, it gets any worse, women will feel that children aren't worth the danged risk! what the heck in some states, if you abort, it's perfectly legal, but well, if you miscarry, you might find yourself in prison. ya, that's some danged incentive to have kids isn't it!

It's also very clear evidence of the rampant hypocrisy and irrationality at the core of the "anti-choice" movement (not to mention Statist authoritarianism).

You're right though dawnstar ... my mom was one of the hardest working folks I've ever known. Your kids were lucky to have you!

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

So what you are saying is we cannot be pro life if we do not adopt at least one child....you must not be aware of the rigors of adoption process.

But you know we are so busy giving up our paychecks to the social welfare system many of us cannot afford to adopt. Your expectation is unrealistic. Seriously sounds more like a Democrat talking point to me anyway.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

It's also very clear evidence of the rampant hypocrisy and irrationality

The whole conglomerate abortion industry and trafficking in aborted baby parts is honoring motherhood? On what planet would that possibly be true?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

On THAT we can agree

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

It's also very clear evidence of the rampant hypocrisy and irrationality

The whole conglomerate abortion industry and trafficking in aborted baby parts is honoring motherhood? On what planet would that possibly be true?

1. Quote me.

2. Perhaps you believe that rampant dishonestly and obvious fraud favor motherhood somehow? Not on this planet.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus
so are you for ending stem cell research and willing to give up on all the possible cures for diseases that might be found through this research, or do you think that attacking planned parenthood and abortion will solve the problem?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Indeed. A rather (sado)masochistic society, that relishes in/gets something out of fear and pain of others. With religious overtones willing to inflict fear and pain on others in order to be the one who is saved. The one left standing (or flying!) to be among the small cadre of God's favorites, those who were not smited.

One can indeed hate abortion but understand the reason for Roe v Wade, allowing for a woman to have a safe abortion rather than an unsafe, illegal one. Since the 1980s, the crass use of abortion as a wedge issue has cheapened the issue, turning it not only into a vote getting mechanism, whereby politicians with this "deeply lacking" morality are voted into office, but also a fund raising industry for churches and organizations. There is another side to the anti-RvW movement, allowing for hatred to grow.

And this festering hatred/self-righteousness has tried to snuff out compassion, without which humanity is doomed to fail. It was the same 2000 years ago as it is today. Compassion is always better than hatred/self-righteousness. That was the Message then, and that is still the same Message today. And, just as 2000 years ago, the seeds of that Message will fall on various soils.

Yes, birth control and education will go a long way towards decreasing abortions. There are many reasons for abortion that do not have a basis in the financial status of the mother.

a reply to: dawnstar

I had a shirt in 1980 that read, Every Mother is a Working Mother.
Yes, back then, families still could choose to live on one income. Women could choose to work outside the home.

I heard somewhere a joke about Reaganomics, where a beneficiary of that great wealth transfer says, "the rising tide will lift my yacht and sink your dinghies."

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdEyeofHorus

So what you are saying is we cannot be pro life if we do not adopt at least one child....you must not be aware of the rigors of adoption process.

But you know we are so busy giving up our paychecks to the social welfare system many of us cannot afford to adopt. Your expectation is unrealistic. Seriously sounds more like a Democrat talking point to me anyway.

So you want these children to be born while their parents who would prefer to abort have no way to pay for them, then you don't want to pay into the welfare system to take care of them, and as an alternative you won't raise them yourself?

Makes perfect sense, you're the type of person that nun was talking about.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
She is about as much a spokesperson for the Catholic Church as Hillary Clinton. Her breed of "nuns" are a dying breed, thanks be to God. Any Traditional Catholic is familiar with her and pays no attention. Catholics whom are simply members by name only will see this and be pulled even further from the faith.

Prayers for her conversion and for the unborn.

As far as the ridiculous comments about the Pro life movement not liking or caring for the poor, my heart breaks as I am one of 11 children and we were " poor" by any standard measure. We survived and I am thankful to my parents for letting me live ( I am #8) and then adopting 3 more children after me.. These people who make these comments may truly think that they have it all figured out and killing the "fetus" is a better choice thank listening to " comservatives" complain about food stamps . How about let the fetus come up, grow up and speak/fight for themselves.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Patrik1973
How about let the fetus come up, grow up and speak/fight for themselves.

At last! A ray of light in this vast wasteland.

You are speaking not from half-cocked, ill-informed opinion but from truth and common sense.

PEOPLE are the ANSWER!

KILLING them because they are inconvenient or difficult, at ANY stage in their life, is MURDER and INSANITY!

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

These are separate issues. Stop making excuses for murder.

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join