It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Samaritan Family Gunned Down

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

Awesome response, and yes I do agree. Something my grandfather told me was there is Fight, Flight or Freeze. A lot of people freeze. I don't think I could fight in that situation, I might be at risk of freezing. My parents mean the most to me. They are my world, without them I'd be living on the streets if it was not for their support and guidance through my teenage years. But I might be able to keep running as I know that is what my dad would want me to do.

I suppose its one of those things where you won't truly know until it happens (God forbid.)

Thank you for your response r0xor

-Alee

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Hidinout

That is certainly the safest way in my opinion to do it!

I certainly still agree with you.

-Alee

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Wow, thank you for adding the new information, hopefully they can find out what this clown was doing.

I feel the same way. I'd have to run I think, and then hunt down anyone who hurts my family (although due to my anger, I wouldn't just hunt them down, I'd probably have to kill their whole family too. But does that even make me any better? I wouldn't know.)

Again that's probably my out of control anger speaking, but hey. No one messes with my family, we are a tribe.

Thank you for your response DAVID64

-Alee
edit on 7/31/2015 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

This is another fantastic option, and a great way to safely avoid any danger.

Thank you for your response TonyS

-Alee

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

I know what I said is extreme and it's knee jerk, I just don't see any rehabilitation for such folks I really don't , in no way can I understand or comprehend there mind state at all. This stuff is sad, just go's to show we must protect ourselves and our own first. Sometimes I hate the world because it's all bad news, other times I can find the good in things but I can never believe that people are inherently good and I don't trust anyone until they have given me a reason to. Anyway I suggest you and everyone else does the same thing and btw your are beautiful just thought Id say it I'm sure everyone else is thinking it

edit on 31-7-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

You are truly a sweet soul, I am glad you would still help. I wish you the absolute best in your life, and hopefully your kindness is reciprocated.

Thanks for your response NightSkyeB4Dawn

-Alee

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I understand, I get those same immediate reactions. It is hard when there is such good in the world, and then you have such P.O.S. Like this loser and many others. World's a crazy place. Life in general is crazy. Thank you very much I appreciate the compliment

-Alee

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

originally posted by: greencmp

Several conclusions:

1. Carry a concealed firearm at all times and be prepared to use it if necessary.

2. Remain sympathetic to the misfortune of others and continue to offer assistance when possible.

3. See conclusion 1.

Good advice; but you forgot one of the rules. Don't stop......call 911 and report the problem.

True, that is certainly the best fall back position if you are not able to defend yourself if the need arises.

Thanks for the additional option!

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
a reply to: Rocker2013

I really enjoyed reading your views on this, even though my choices would have probably differed.

Although I am in favor of him being executed (again my anger and emotions speaking), I like that you see a potential for studying him, and possibly preventing this in the future.

Thank you for your response Rocker2013

-Alee

Believe me I often have the same knee-jerk anger as most others do, especially when it involves a criminal who seems to have absolutely no remorse for their actions and seem to have no respect for Human life.

But, I just remind myself that execution doesn't actually solve anything. Perhaps most importantly, execution might not allow the criminal time to come to the realization of what they did (perhaps they will eventually) and allow them to feel the guilt they deserve to feel.

I would rather see a criminal like this suffer through guilt, than give them an easy way out - which just reinforces their sense of injustice and anger at the world anyway.

America has it backward. Execution is not punishment, it's a release from punishment.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Sometimes the ritual is more important than the benefit.

Funerals are another example

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Nice, I can see both sides there. On one hand, I just want all these evil *insert word that will get me in trouble here* dead. On the other hand, I want them to suffer as much as possible for their actions, and dead people cant suffer to my knowledge.

-Alee
edit on 7/31/2015 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Several conclusions:

1. Carry a concealed firearm at all times and be prepared to use it if necessary.

2. Remain sympathetic to the misfortune of others and continue to offer assistance when possible.

3. See conclusion 1.

Good advice; but you forgot one of the rules. Don't stop......call 911 and report the problem.

I had to think on this a while. I had a very bad experience, almost 5 years back. I saw someone doing something wrong, I tried talking them, it didn't go well and the language barrier didn't help. So I called the police, thinking at the time it was the right thing to do. It wasn't.

That was five years ago. The police are far worse today.

I think this old lady will take her chances with the possible bad guy. I have better odds of coming out the other side in one piece and with less expense, with the bad guy then with the cops.

This is strict!y from "my" personal experiences with the local law and code enforcement. Neither are about service to community or citizens anymore. The old and weak are just fun, games and practice. The strong are for bragging rights and target practice.

I would have to have a really, really good reason to call the police for anything. I use 911 for medical help only these days.

edit on 31-7-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Correction.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

It is human nature to seek revenge but, it is also human nature to rise above and temper that instinct.

When you draw a firearm and level it at another person, it must always and only be with the intention of taking their life.

It is not a communication device.

No criminal is deterred by the threat of legal proceedings, only instant and unappealable death is sufficient motivation to curb malevolence.

If that is how we handle it, we will have very few violent criminals to incarcerate.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Several conclusions:

3. See conclusion 1.

I had to think on this a while. I had a very bad experience, almost 5 years back. I saw someone doing something wrong, I tried talking them, it didn't go well and the language barrier didn't help. So I called the police, thinking at the time it was the right thing to do. It wasn't.

That was five years ago. The police are far worse today.

I think this old lady will take her chances with the possible bad guy. I have better odds of coming out the other side in one piece and with less expense, with the bad guy then with the cops.

This is strict!y from "my" personal experiences with the local law and code enforcement. Neither are about service to community or citizens anymore. The old and weak are just fun, games and practice. The strong are for bragging rights and target practice.

I would have to have a really, really good reason to call the police for anything. I use 911 for medical help only these days.

I think he was saying that leaving them stranded isn't the only option if you can't defend yourself.

Making a call to 911 isn't going to result in any interaction with police (unless some unforeseen criminal circumstance develops).

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Fact is, a psychopath like that shouldn't of been able to so easily obtain a gun in the first place.

So you know what he went through to get the gun?

Please, do share... how easy was it for this murderer to get his gun? Apparently you're privy to information that isn't in the article so enlighten us.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

Making a call to 911 isn't going to result in any interaction with police (unless some unforeseen criminal circumstance develops).

Anytime you call the police, it becomes a "formal" matter.

What translates as an unforseen criminal circumstance, is in the mind of the cop you are lucky enough to draw from the pile.

Want to see an ant hill transform into Mount Everest? Want to see a person transfigurate into Satan incarnate; for no other reason than, "they can" or ego?

Call a cop for assistance. All those YouTube videos showing such encounters ending up with people in the hospital, pets and people dead, I have seen this insanity play out, right in front of my face. Why? Because their ego was bruised.

I repeat. I speak from my personal experience. Everyone's experience will not be the same. For me, once bitten, twice shy.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
a reply to: greencmp

Anytime you call the police, it becomes a "formal" matter.

What translates as an unforseen criminal circumstance, is in the mind of the cop you are lucky enough to draw from the pile.

Want to see an ant hill transform into Mount Everest? Want to see a person transfigurate into Satan incarnate; for no other reason than, "they can" or ego?

Call a cop for assistance. All those YouTube videos showing such encounters ending up with people in the hospital, pets and people dead, I have seen this insanity play out, right in front of my face. Why? Because their ego was bruised.

I repeat. I speak from my personal experience. Everyone's experience will not be the same. For me, once bitten, twice shy.

I agree and you are preaching to the choir on this, I assure you.

However, given the options available to an unarmed citizen who may be the only passerby for a lengthy period, I simply acknowledge that deploying emergency services isn't an outlandish option.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

I have no idea how he obtained his firearm.

But the fact remains, you don't commonly have lunatics like that waiting on the side of the road for some good Samaritan to pull over in any developed countries outside of the US. Who are armed with a cocked, locked and ready hand gun.

That in itself should speak volumes about what the issue is here.

But of course most Americans, in all there wisdom, will just continue to call for "more guns!"
edit on 31-7-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Yeah, but in other countries would they not just be waiting with a knife or similar? Honestly, I wouldn't want to be stabbed to death or bludgeoned to death either.

Just a thought on my behalf.

-Alee

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

I realize this is in response to another members post,

however I still want to thank you, Answer, for joining in the discussion.

-Alee

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join