It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Samaritan Family Gunned Down

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: Answer

you don't commonly have lunatics like that waiting on the side of the road for some good Samaritan to pull over in any developed countries outside of the US. Who are armed with a cocked, locked and ready hand gun.

You made that up, it can happen anywhere.

I find your agenda driven argument offensive. Typical, though, to use the unfortunate murder of a family to promote your stupidity. In this case, I'm leaning the guilt more toward a Hispanic guy.

That cowardly man killed them.

I mean, murder is already illegal, right? Why didn't that prevent it? The fact that it was against the law didn't make much of a difference.
edit on 31-7-2015 by lernmore because: My brain typed that word twice, it wasnt me!

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: lernmore

I mean, murder is already illegal, right? Why didn't that prevent it? The fact that that it was against the law didn't make much of a difference.

Yeah well, that's some real common sense logic right there mate. The fact it was illegal clearly didn't make any difference in this instance.

But the fact that all it took was squeezing a trigger a few times to murder two people, simply because he was offended by a young women who laughed at him, clearly made a huge difference as well.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Did a little digging and found another article here at Yahoo with a booking photo of Jesus Deniz Mendoza.

The article said he was from Worland, Wyoming. I don't think he is an illegal, as I'm sure the media would have been all over it posting it every other word that he was illegal. Also, looks like he used a .22 rifle.

I think it boils down to a hot headed 18 year old, that took offense to being laughed at and once he crossed the line and pulled the gun, it just escalated from there. I think he got scared and there was no turning back. The article says he ran outta gas.

Call me crazy, but I wouldn't plan a crime like that, with a .22 rifle. I think it was a random encounter that turned real bad at the expense of some hurt feelings. We are starting to see a lot more of this type of reactions from today's youth because of hurt feelings. Just look at the swatting issue from kids playing online games and getting butt hurt over dumb crap.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

Wow. 22's are super common. I know my fiance has one at his dads that he shoots for fun sometimes. I just couldn't ever dream of hurting another human (unless of course as I mentioned earlier they harm my family)

-Alee

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I agree with all your points but disagree over the "swatting" phenomenon.

"Swatting" is just a way to troll someone, not usually the result of "butthurt", but more "I'm a stupid kid and I think this is funny." kind of thing. Nevermind that actual people have DIED in these "swatting" incidents thanks to trigger-happy police.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

Calling 911 for possible medical assistance is a possibilty, but now I am afraid that if this guy really was crazy, he may have shot the drivers, left them on the side of the road, and taken the ambulance.

I would still regret the call.

I am not making light of the situation. Everyday we make decisions. They don't always turn out the way we planned. Even awesome choices can turn sour.

The problem here is that we now live in a country were you have a better chance or surviving an encounter with a psychopath, than with the police.

I have seen cases were the person under arrest was a criminal, but the cop's behavior looked full blown psycho. Again it is not about the guns. It is about our country and what we have become.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hidinout

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
a reply to: greencmp

Absolutely. I agree with you 100%

I am in strong support of citizens being able to carry whether it be open or concealed; and this is a great example for why. I assume that neither the young lady or her parents had a weapon on them. If they had perhaps the outcome would have been different.

Thank you for your response greencmp

-Alee
Of course I'm kidding, well sort of, but maybe we just need to go back to old wild west days, we can all just walk around with our gun belts on, atleast we'd level the playing field. But then it would all go to hell, we'd have showdowns in the middle of main street etc.....

I don't know what the answer is, but it's really so sad that we have to be afraid to help somebody.

I think the answer is to punish by death anyone who commits a serious crime, maybe then people will stop the nonsense of all the killings and robbing. No possibility of a reduced sentence, if someone was seriously injured or killed in act of crime.....to the chair you go. No sitting on death row for years or in a cell with parole. Jmho.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: jaynkeel

I'm torn because as I mentioned I often feel the same way.

Thank you for your response jaynkeel

-Alee

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Yeah it's a crappy way to have to feel. But the current system doesn't seem to be working. But if you are the type of person to commit a violent crime then you pay the price I suppose. Just as long as it doesn't get used against someone defending themselves or loved ones, aka good Samaritans and the like.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ProleUK

Poor girl.

Not to make an gun owning issue but if guns weren't so easily available, would that incident have taken place, the way it did?

I must apologize for my first response, as it was a bit knee jerk due to myself being pro-gun.

After digging and understanding a little better about this particular incident, I now find myself being on the fence about things happening the way they did. Had he not had the .22 rifle, I think things would have went differently. I feel now that his access to the rifle might have escalated things to a level that otherwise might have been avoided.

Again, I apologize.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Had he been a legal citizen they would have reported that.
They only don't say when they're here illegally.
Central America has been dumping their criminals on us for years.
Very sad story.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I don't buy that you could shoot and kill 2 people so easily with a .22 that way.
Execution style yes, but not of people at any distance.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: jaynkeel

Just as long as it doesn't get used against someone defending themselves or loved ones, aka good Samaritans and the like.

Ay, there's the rub.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Unfortunately that is usually how it plays out. The media has a twisted agenda of their own.

Thank you for your response Asktheanimals.

-Alee

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

I don't buy that you could shoot and kill 2 people so easily with a .22 that way.

I believe the mother and father were at close range and the daughter was running away, hence why she is still alive. She said the bullets were whizzing by her head.

Small caliber or not, a properly placed .22 hit will kill you. The survival rate is however higher than larger calibers.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: lernmore

I mean, murder is already illegal, right? Why didn't that prevent it? The fact that that it was against the law didn't make much of a difference.

Yeah well, that's some real common sense logic right there mate. The fact it was illegal clearly didn't make any difference in this instance.

But the fact that all it took was squeezing a trigger a few times to murder two people, simply because he was offended by a young women who laughed at him, clearly made a huge difference as well.

He used a .22 rifle. They're fairly easy to get even in countries with strict gun laws.

So, realistically, your anti gun nonsense is even less applicable than usual in this case.
edit on 7/31/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

A .22 is absolutely lethal even beyond 100 yards.

It doesn't have the devastating effect that larger calibers produce but it's not as weak as you'd think.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich

Call me crazy, but I wouldn't plan a crime like that, with a .22 rifle. I think it was a random encounter that turned real bad at the expense of some hurt feelings. We are starting to see a lot more of this type of reactions from today's youth because of hurt feelings. Just look at the swatting issue from kids playing online games and getting butt hurt over dumb crap.

I doubt it had anything to do with hurt feelings. The family stopped to help him so I'm sure they weren't ridiculing him or doing anything to that would have made a normal person upset.

The psycho said "I was tired of waiting around." Clearly, he didn't really need much of an excuse to kill these people and he saw an opportunity to murder them and take their possessions so he went for it.
edit on 7/31/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Seems they stopped because that is what people in Montana do.

I don't stop for anyone. Well, save for senior citizens, maybe.

Not for women, teens, and DEFINITELY not for men.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Very horrible and having a sick feeling about that. I travel rural roads a lot in a neighboring state to MT. Thankfully many times, such as in the dead of a snowy winter, have been helped by people when having a broken down car. Without that and if unprepared you can freeze to death or other. That kind of courteous help is something you don't often find in the busy cities. It's kind of a law of the land out here. Overall, tragedies like this are going to make us all feel less safe, while the people who really need help will be abandoned.
Without saying: In hopes it's an isolated case.

Going to look more into the detail if available as of yet.

RIP and regards.
edit on 31-7-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join