It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Samaritan Family Gunned Down

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
First I apologize if this is not in the correct forum, if not I know the mods will move it. Also, I hope my format is correct and acceptable, any problems just let me know. Also I did not see anything on a search but as always, you know, lock it up and throw away the key if it's been posted and I missed it.

www.cnn.com...

Trying to be Good Samaritans cost two members of a Montana family their lives and left their daughter wounded.

The triple shooting happened in the town of Pryor, Montana, about 30 miles south of Billings.

The suspect, 18-year-old Jesus Deniz Mendoza, is expected in federal court Friday.

I feel like some details are missing from this article, but supposedly the mother and father saw a guy seemingly stranded on the side of the road near Crow Indian Reservation. For some reason they went to their daughters house, and told her this man needed assistance, so all 3 of them went off to help this dude, out of the kindness of their hearts.

They, show up to help the guy and then....

Mendoza pulled a gun on them and ordered them out of their car. He demanded money, but the family said it didn't have any, according to the FBI.

The daughter said Mendoza told them to start walking away from the car. She heard a gunshot and turned back to see her father lying on the road

The woman heard another gunshot and heard her mother scream. She was running and didn't look back, the document says.

As the daughter fled, she felt blood running down her face from a bullet wound. She then heard another gunshot and felt a bullet hit her in the back.

The woman ran for help as Mendoza drove off in her car.

So... he was waiting for someone kind to stop, so he could take advantage of them, and rob them, and hey even kill them, because why not? This child clearly has no regard for anyone elses life. Yes I say child, because no responsible adult would behave in this manner, and he is only 18. This family had no money on them and so he executed them. Luckily (or not depending on your views) the daughter survived, after seeing her parents laying dead in the road.

Mendoza later told FBI agents he "shot the victims because he was getting tired of waiting around, and because the daughter laughed at him,"

He SHOT THEM..... because he was TIRED OF WAITING AROUND?! and she LAUGHED AT HIM?

Can we all say it together??? P S Y C H O P A T H. This idiot is the absolute example of the scum of the earth.

I am trying not to let my emotions get the better of me here, but I am just so enraged. I was clenching my fists the whole time reading this article.

I hope this worthless piece of dirt gets the maximum sentence.

Now, this is exactly the reason why I will NOT stop to help people. Sure their are exceptions, I MIGHT stop and help a young female, but even then you just never know. Young females seem like they aren't a threat, until it's too late and you find out she is a decoy for another idiot to show up and harm you.

It's sad that we live in a world were no good deed goes unpunished.

I feel terribly for this girl, she has lost her parents in a most disgusting and traumatic way. She did the only thing she could do at that point which was run.

Questions for ATS:
What emotions does something like this evoke in you?
What kind of charge/ sentence would you like to see this vile idiot receive?
Would you have been able to run after something like this, or would you be grief stricken from seeing your parents be murdered?
Would you stop to help someone on the side of the road?

Thanks to all who will partake in this discussion.

-Alee

edit on 7/31/2015 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   
How awful! I was just in Billings ( and Meeteetsee, coincidently) a few weeks ago, and when you get out of the city, the roads can go for miles without any buildings whatsoever. And of course people there will be neighborly and try to help! They all grew up helping each other because they had to. The winters are brutal, low populations (I think Meeteetsee has 396 people), and spans of nothing besides the highway. If you break down, you better know how to fix your car, AND have the tools to do so, or you're s$*t out of luck.

As an aside, I wonder if Mendoza is an illegal alien... Article didn't say.

My heart goes out to the daughter.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

Several conclusions:

1. Carry a concealed firearm at all times and be prepared to use it if necessary.

2. Remain sympathetic to the misfortune of others and continue to offer assistance when possible.

3. See conclusion 1.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Lolliek

Okay, that makes more sense as to why they stopped for him.

I am from a suburb/ city area, and so for me... people can usually walk 5 minutes down the road to one of 20 gas stations for help.

This is such a tragedy.

I also wonder if his citizenship is legal or illegal. I would feel guilty about wondering that but what he did has left me with no remorse for him, or my questions about him.

Thank you for your response Lolliek.

-Alee

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Of course it's horrendous, senseless and heartbreaking, but it's nothing new.

This has been going on forever, a helpless decoy lures in helpful unsuspecting strangers, usually they get the crap beat out of them and left for dead.
It happened to a good friend over 40 years ago, he stopped to help a young gal on the side of the road, 2 men jumped out of the ditch and beat him senseless, part of his skull had to be replaced, they stole his van and left him for dead alongside the road. He did recover though, thankfully. Most people wouldn't have been as "lucky".

Well anyway, I'd never stop and help anybody out on a dark road at night especially and isn't that sad.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

Absolutely. I agree with you 100%

I am in strong support of citizens being able to carry whether it be open or concealed; and this is a great example for why. I assume that neither the young lady or her parents had a weapon on them. If they had perhaps the outcome would have been different.

Thank you for your response greencmp

-Alee

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Hidinout

Yeah and that is exactly what I was talking about when I said even stopping to help a woman can be dangerous. My dad always told me, girls can be decoys for the men who will come out of the shadows and rob/rape/ or kill you.

Sad that the world is such a dangerous place, but yes this has been going on for a long time.

Thank you for your response Hidinout

-Alee

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
a reply to: greencmp

Absolutely. I agree with you 100%

I am in strong support of citizens being able to carry whether it be open or concealed; and this is a great example for why. I assume that neither the young lady or her parents had a weapon on them. If they had perhaps the outcome would have been different.

Thank you for your response greencmp

-Alee
Of course I'm kidding, well sort of, but maybe we just need to go back to old wild west days, we can all just walk around with our gun belts on, atleast we'd level the playing field. But then it would all go to hell, we'd have showdowns in the middle of main street etc.....

I don't know what the answer is, but it's really so sad that we have to be afraid to help somebody.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Poor girl.

Not to make an gun owning issue but if guns weren't so easily available, would that incident have taken place, the way it did?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Kidding or not, I personally choose not to carry a gun and honestly, i'll say it. It's because i have anger issues and I can go from 0-100 without even realizing it's happening. So for that reason, I don't carry a weapon as I wouldn't want to make a mistake.

However my dad carrys his gun where EVER we go. He has never had to use it but it makes me feel safer knowing if something terrible were to happen, that we may have a "Lifeline" as it were.

My uncle who I don't believe has a conceal carry just puts his holster outside of his shirt and pants where it is very visible, if we are ever going somewhere (Long road trips etc..)

Yeah, I don't want people running around shooting each other to death though.

It is sad. It makes me mad how stupid it is, that people actually behave like this. Maybe it's hard for me to understand, because I was raised to respect and love others, and appreciate any help or assistance given to me at any point in my life, and value the lives of others, until given a severe reason not to. I'll be honest, this Mendoza guy? I don't value his life. At ALL.

-Alee

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Most countries don't have the same problem and don't need an armed society. Just ban gun ownership, take guns out of circulation, gun crime will drop.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ProleUK

Personally I think it would, because criminals will always find a way to get what they want. Be it drugs, guns, or other.

But agree or disagree that is just my opinion and I appreciate you asking the question! It opens up further discussion on this issue.

Thank you for your response ProleUK

-Alee

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ProleUK

I just personally feel like that isn't the answer, as I mentioned before, I think the criminals will have guns if they want them, no matter what restrictions are placed. However with that being said, i don't KNOW if that would work or not. I only have experience with living in the states. I'm not well educated on how gun ownership bans have affected other countries. My fear is that this would lead to law abiding citizens not having the opportunity to defend themselves when faced with a criminal with a weapon.

But again, I do appreciate your view and input on this discussion.

-Alee

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Youre welcome.

Thankfully criminals who are of the mindeset to take life, like he did are rare. Every Country has them.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ProleUK

Poor girl.

Not to make an gun owning issue but if guns weren't so easily available, would that incident have taken place, the way it did?

Yes it would have. Gun or no gun. His intention was to rob someone, he would have used the next available means to inflict harm upon his unsuspecting victims. Be it knife, pipe, ax, what have you.

It's not a gun problem, it's a people problem. If it were the middle ages and he was on the side of a trail with a broken down horse carriage as his ruse to rob some one, he would have used a sword as his weapon as that would be the most effective weapon at his disposal in that time of history.

People don't get that if you make guns illegal, they are not just gonna go away. Billions of guns exist in this world. Laws will not change that. They will not just go poof and disappear. The people that obtain and use guns for malicious purposes will still have guns. Laws will only take away guns from law abiding citizens leaving them more vulnerable to be harmed anyway by criminals.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Poor girl.

Really?

The advantage of concealed carry is that not everybody must carry in order to reap the benefits of an armed society, a polite society to paraphrase Heinlein.
edit on 31-7-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

The coward killed the family because one member laughed at him.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I hope this worthless piece of dirt gets the maximum sentence.

He probably rightfully will, but its kind of irrelevant now, isn't it? Life has already been lost.

Fact is, a psychopath like that shouldn't of been able to so easily obtain a gun in the first place.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Hanged, drawn, and quartered in a public square any less would be a waste of tax payers money and inhuman.. It raises anger discontent, it furthers drives an apathy I don't want to take over my heart. Yes monsters are real they do exist and their elimination from our gene pool is nessasary no amount of rehabilitation could get this out of him so kill him quick and publicly.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Most countries don't have the same problem and don't need an armed society. Just ban gun ownership, take guns out of circulation, gun crime will drop.

Uhm no it wont...

Gun crime requires a criminal act to occur to make it a crime. Those who commit a gun crime are generally not able to legally purchase / possess a gun.

Gun control laws do not work as criminals don't abide by the law anyways. Besides if gun control laws were so effective Britain would not need to arm segments of their police agencies. If gun control were so effective Canada nor Australian police would not need to be armed then either. If gun control were so effective China, of all nations, would not need to arm their police.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join