It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS Fines Millions for Not Having Obamacare

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

So, you only obey our laws when Republicans are in power?

Quite the patriot, aren't you?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

In your last paragraph, you just drift off into nonsense. I have placed the "blame" for the ACA on the Democrats where it belongs. I place the blame for the Individual Mandate where it belongs. Both Democrats and Republicans have been offering "healthcare reform" for the last 30 years.

Have you read the entire Bible cover to cover? Can you still talk about Jesus?

Have you read the complete works of Shakespeare? Can you still talk about Macbeth?

You're attempting (not very well) to make use of the "all or nothing" fallacy, a version of false dilemma.

If you can refute something I've said with a quote from the ACA, I'll be glad to learn.

If not, quit beating your chest.

Sooooooo... you didn't read it? That's what I'm getting from this deflection. You're all for it, but you didn't read it. You're beating your chest over something that you don't know anything about. I'll quote from the ACA when you actually say something that isn't just nonsense you've decided to parrot from some other source. Go ahead and quote something from the ACA... try to find "if you like your insurance you can keep it"... please let me know when you find it.

All or nothing fallacy LOL... whatever lets you sleep at night, just lie to yourself. Sweet, sweet lies to rest your weary head on. All or anything fallacy might be more appropriate since most people haven't READ ANYTHING in the law but like to pontificate on it.
edit on 8/1/15 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/1/15 by Ksihkehe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Yup, I forgot about the other number of 50 million.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
The Hill - 81% are Satisfied with their Obamacare Plans

Newsmax - (from 2014) 70% Happy with their Obamacare Plans

US News and World Report (2014) - Obamacare Plans Earn High Marks

If I want positive reviews coming from sources I would love the ones been provided too if I want to support my interest

The hill profile,
Jerry Finkelstein, who made a fortune in business, real estate and newspapers, including The New York Law Journal and The Hill, and for many years was a self-styled Democratic power broker in New York City
With money and connections drawn in a wide-ranging career that placed him at the nexus of the legal profession, publishing and politics in New York, Mr. Finkelstein assisted presidents, governors, mayors, members of Congress, city and state officials and a host of judges, lawyers and lesser luminaries.

His son is now following the Fathers political interest

www.nytimes.com...

NewsMax, CEO Ruddy is a personal friend of the Clintons.

Newsmax CEO Donates $1 Million to Clinton Foundation

www.weeklystandard.com...

US News and World Report

Mortimer Benjamin Zuckerman
On July 12, 2010, Zuckerman claimed in an interview that he helped to write one of President Barack Obama's political speeches.[12] Long-time Obama speechwriters Jon Favreau and Ben Rhodes disputed the claim and asserted that neither "has ever met or spoken to Mort Zuckerman."[13] Zuckerman later published a clarification of his remarks, stating that his help had come in the form of private conversations with various political officials in which he had offered advice and perspective on different issues.[14]

Zuckerman, a long-time supporter of the Democratic party who cast his vote for Barack Obama in the 2008 presidential election

en.wikipedia.org...

Polls are as goods as the agendas they support.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Yup, I forgot about the other number of 50 million.

So, 20 million more people have healthcare coverage, not 10.

Were you lying or mistaken?

And, do you know anything about the Republican Plan that is going to make all this ACA stuff obsolete?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Good gravy, what a mess. Marg, can't you just respond instead of faulty cut-and-paste?

Why don't you find the polls that support your agenda?

Why don't you critique the polls in their methods or calculations?

Allow me to guess an answer ... because you can't. You can only try to discredit the source.

Trump donated to the Clinton Foundation too ... is he also a Democratic operative? LOL

When you have something more substantive than innuendo and circumstantial evidence that says NOTHING about the polls or the results, let me know.

(Hint, if you want to have a go at it, throw up any crap from the Kaiser Foundation ... you'll find that fits your beliefs, better.)
edit on 21Sat, 01 Aug 2015 21:30:53 -050015p092015866 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Well they do have some suggestions.

GOP unveils new ObamaCare alternative

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

You can read.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Well they do have some suggestions.

GOP unveils new ObamaCare alternative

Wait ... first The Hill is a Democrat source, and now it's okay?

Fine. I really don't expect consistency from you guys, but ... I notice that the article is from February 2015.

Anything new? (It's August and they're about to recess.)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

You can read.

Indeed I can.

We'll call it mistaken then and move on.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I did already.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Excellent deflection and tangent.

Obama will never ever endorse anything.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I did already.

Right.

Anything new on the Republican Plan for Healthcare? (or for jobs, or immigration or anything they promised?)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Speaking of things that you haven't been reading ... try my posts.

I'm not "all for it" by any means. It's done a little bit of good. Not enough.

This thread is whining about the Tax Penalties under the ACA as a result of the Individual Mandate.

I pointed out the source and maintenance of the Individual Mandate.

The rest of your spiel is so riddled with catch phrases ... it's not worth my time.

Since the idea of a logical fallacy apparently escapes you ... here's the problem with what you're positing:

No one has to read all 20K pages (or whatever it's up to) in order to discuss the effects, provisions, and so forth of ACA (that's a basic description of the All or Nothing fallacy).

If so, you can't discuss it either. You admitted you haven't read ALL of it. Logic my friend.

Physician, heal thyself.

Bifurcation Fallacy (either-or, black or white, all or nothing fallacy)

All or Nothing Fallacy

The All or Nothing Mistake
edit on 22Sat, 01 Aug 2015 22:01:08 -050015p102015866 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I did already.

Right.

Anything new on the Republican Plan for Healthcare? (or for jobs, or immigration or anything they promised?)

Why yes.

The Senate needs 60 votes to pass anything.

The Democrats are threatening to boycott, and Obama is threatening to veto.

Stalemate.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

I did already.

Right.

Why yes.

The Senate needs 60 votes to pass anything.

The Democrats are threatening to boycott, and Obama is threatening to veto.

Stalemate.

LOL ... a poor excuse is better than nothing eh?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
We get it,you are an apologist for anything in this administration.Healthcare,amnesty,planned parenthood,the topic does n`t seem to matter,as long as it is regressive,er,progressive!

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
You knew the rules and how it was going down well in advance. The fines were well published in advance.

And when the IRS catches uou, you cry foul?

Bwahahahaha!

Next time read the fine print, although it was plain as day.

(Nobody here in particular, just a general statement)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sunwolf
We get it,you are an apologist for anything in this administration.Healthcare,amnesty,planned parenthood,the topic does n`t seem to matter,as long as it is regressive,er,progressive!

Who's we?

Glad you've got me categorized to your satisfaction. Now, anything on topic?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

a reply to: Ksihkehe

Speaking of things that you haven't been reading ... try my posts.

I'm not "all for it" by any means. It's done a little bit of good. Not enough.

This thread is whining about the Tax Penalties under the ACA as a result of the Individual Mandate.

I pointed out the source and maintenance of the Individual Mandate.

The rest of your spiel is so riddled with catch phrases ... it's not worth my time.

Since the idea of a logical fallacy apparently escapes you ... here's the problem with what you're positing:

No one has to read all 20K pages (or whatever it's up to) in order to discuss the effects, provisions, and so FORTH of ACA (that's a basic description of the All or Nothing fallacy).

If so, you can't discuss it either. You admitted you haven't read ALL of it. Logic my friend.

Physician, heal thyself.

Bifurcation Fallacy (either-or, black or white, all or nothing fallacy)

All or Nothing Fallacy

The All or Nothing Mistake

Sooooo... You didn't read it.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join