It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS Fines Millions for Not Having Obamacare

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Interesting report out from the Government Accountability Office about how many people are under fine from no Obama.Care policy and how many people getting subsidies who may not even exist !!

Seems to be some confusion as to just who is a real person and who isn't.

Par for the course of big fail government.

Maybe there's another point about the whole Obama>Care subsidy and tax break programs.

Maybe a fake I.D. skimming scam. Somebody gets an insurance policy under a fake name and sells the policy and a fake I.D. to somebody who can't a legitimate I.D.

Hmmm.

IRS Fines Millions for Not Having Obamacare, While Millions in Obamacare $$ Go to People Who Don’t Even Exist!

The IRS has jumped with zealous relish into the role of fining people who haven’t gotten Obamacare. But as the IRS is so thrilled to penalize taxpayers who haven’t bothered to get healthcare insurance, Obama’s government is fraudulently paying out millions in Obamacare healthcare subsidies to people who don’t even exist.

The IRS has reported that it has fined 7.5 million Americans who haven’t satisfied Obama’s healthcare law. Yet there are no provisions in Obamacare to make sure those who sign up are even real people and millions in subsidies are being paid to people scamming the system!

The Treasury Department reported last week the number of Americans who faced fines because of the Affordable Care Act’s individual mandate was significantly higher than the Obama administration expected. For 2014, the IRS projected that roughly 6 million would face fines, but the final total was 1.5 million higher.

…But an investigation by the Government Accountability Office recently revealed that fake applicants who enrolled in health insurance programs through the federal exchange were receiving subsidies. Those phony applicants had initially enrolled during 2014, but they were automatically re-enrolled and continued to benefit from tax subsidies in 2015, the GAO said.

The GAO was successful in 11 of 12 attempts to register fictitious people with the federal health insurance exchange. In seven of those cases, the fake applications were missing vital pieces of information, which should have raised red flags during the approval process.

Big Government = Big Fail

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Seems to me the Individual Mandate, a Republican idea, calls for those who don't have insurance to be penalized via tax penalties.

How is it that the IRS is doing anything except it's duty under the law?

You would prefer that the laws be ignored?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Does anyone really think that this sort of behavior isn't causing people to recoil from productive activity?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

Does anyone really think that this sort of behavior isn't causing people to recoil from productive activity?

Define "productive activity", please.

link   
The only fail was not implementing a single payer system and eliminating health insurance, gambling on the health of an individual FOR PROFIT!
The companies bet the person wont get sick, if they do

They win either way.

link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

#republicans.voted.no

I smell fraud.

Massive fraud.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: greencmp

Define "productive activity", please.

Working over the table.

+16 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Seems to me the Individual Mandate, a Republican idea, calls for those who don't have insurance to be penalized via tax penalties.

How many republicans voted for Obamacare?

How many?

How many?

How many?

How many?

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
The only fail was not implementing a single payer system and eliminating health insurance, gambling on the health of an individual FOR PROFIT!

They win either way.

#democrats.voted.no.to.singlepayer

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: the owlbear

They win either way.

#democrats.voted.no.to.singlepayer

They did under Clinton I...

Now look at where we are...the Repubs voted against it as well.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for the $2500 savings the president promised us...
That must come after the rate increases we have gotten.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

How is that supposed to work when the system is corrupt? In a normal world, bad laws would be challenged and overturned and confirmed traitors would be hung. But this isn't a normal world, it's bizarro world where wrong is right, up is down and traitors garner respect.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

None, but three of them helped design it, in the Senate.

You know and I know the Democrats were completely hoodwinked in this situation.

And you also know were the Individual Mandate came from, and what party supported it up to and even during the early development of the ACA.

Are you a recording? If so, I think you're stuck.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

The individual mandate is a violation of the Constitution. If the IRS had any respect for Constitutional legality, it would refuse to enforce the tax penalties.

But silly me, the IRS is about taking your money and flushing it down the Federal toilet.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Does Obama have Obamacare?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

You mean like Lois Lerner?

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   

LOL, not one....not a single one Republican voted for that POS.

Democrats own it 100%

And I hope they pay for it in the 2016 Election.
edit on 30-7-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

How is that supposed to work when the system is corrupt? In a normal world, bad laws would be challenged and overturned and confirmed traitors would be hung. But this isn't a normal world, it's bizarro world where wrong is right, up is down and traitors garner respect.

Cheers - Dave

When was the last legal public hanging again? What, 1936? Do you remember that? It wasn't a traitor, it was a Black man charged with raping a White woman.

I'm talking about the IRS following the law that was passed by our Congress and signed by our President.

You seem to be making a generalized statement of your opinion about ... the state of the world.

link   
I'm self-employed and do not have insurance of any kind. I pay cash for all my medical needs. I filed my taxes 2 weeks ago, 3 months late and stated clearly in my taxes that I didn't have Obamacare or insurance. I was found to be exempt and not penalized.

edit on 30-7-2015 by PlasticWizard because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sunwolf

Do you prefer that the laws of the United States be ignored?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join