It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS Fines Millions for Not Having Obamacare

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Which laws did I say I disagree with or that I'm not supporting in my post?

The provisions of ACA are clear. Not having insurance means paying a tax penalty.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: Gryphon66

Freedom of association.

Pursuit of happiness.

Association, you mean assembly? How have you been kept from assembling?

"Pursuit of happiness" is the Declaration.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I don't know, honestly, what script are you reading from?

"I know you are, but what am I?"

Contemporary statist argumentation, ladies and gentlemen.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Thought better of it.
edit on 22Thu, 30 Jul 2015 22:45:31 -050015p102015766 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

a reply to: rockintitz

Which laws did I say I disagree with or that I'm not supporting in my post?

The provisions of ACA are clear. Not having insurance means paying a tax penalty.

We have immigration laws that are very clear being ignored every day. So why can't we be upset with this particular law?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Did I ask that you or anyone not be upset?

Or that you not express your opinions?

Nope. I asked why anyone is surprised that the IRS is implementing the Individual Mandate as required by law, as if this is a surprise, and at the same time, asking for opinions on just ignoring the law.

Do you believe in ignoring the laws of the United States?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

For example, how do you feel about the IRS following the law? Are you opposed or in favor?

The IRS itself is illegal. What difference does it make if they follow the law or not?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: buckwhizzle

a reply to: beezzer

You know and I know the Democrats were completely hoodwinked in this situation.

Well then, Mrs. Pelosi should have read it before she passed it

I agree. That's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard come out of a politician's mouth.

And that's sayin' something.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

For example, how do you feel about the IRS following the law? Are you opposed or in favor?

The IRS itself is illegal. What difference does it make if they follow the law or not?

Oookay.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I dont want to be associated with a third party billing agency. Its my freedom to choose who I want to associate or not associate with.

When I purchase a policy, I become a member of a large assembly. And usually my needs wont be represented, with or without Prior Authorization Appeals. So thats taxation without representation too.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

I dont want to be associated with a third party billing agency. Its my freedom to choose who I want to associate or not associate with.

When I purchase a policy, I become a member of a large assembly. And usually my needs wont be represented, with or without Prior Authorization Appeals. So thats taxation without representation too.

Okay, you mentioned the Constitution and your rights. I don't disagree with your freedom of association, but I am asking you what part of the Constitution you think provides that to you.

The First Amendment prevents the Government from stopping you from assembling, ie. you and others have a right to assemble peaceably.

Where do you live that you don't have US Representatives or Senators?

Sorry about your mistake on the Declaration ... I often wish parts of it were in the Constitution as well.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Laws should be followed in my opinion. But why do we get to ignore some laws and not others? They push the laws that further their political agendas.

I don't think anybody is surprised by the irs except the Obama administration. They are surprised by the number of fines being dolled out. They where the only ones that didn't see this coming.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

#republicans.voted.no

I smell fraud.

Massive fraud.

The individual mandate was a republican idea. It was dreamed up by the Heritage foundation and the Republicans tried for years to get it passed.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Laws should be followed in my opinion. But why do we get to ignore some laws and not others? They push the laws that further their political agendas.

I don't think anybody is surprised by the irs except the Obama administration. They are surprised by the number of fines being dolled out. They where the only ones that didn't see this coming.

Good, I too believe in the rule of law, and I also believe in protesting laws you don't agree with.

I don't have much success ignoring laws, how about you? Politicians though, and the rich and privileged ... they get away with almost anything.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yet there are no provisions in Obamacare to make sure those who sign up are even real people and millions in subsidies are being paid to people scamming the system!

If people are scamming the system freely thru a certain program
like Obama Care is being scammed. Doesn't that bust the program?
Oh wait, that's right, the IRS is making money look like sh#t thru
a goose, got it.....
edit on Rpm73015v10201500000028 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Get ready to be challenged for reading off a "statist authoritarian" script, LOL.

Just out of curiosity, have you ever seen one of our friends on the right ADMIT the origin of the Individual Mandate?

I have not; I'm not sure they can. I suspect that they've been chipped somehow.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

a reply to: buster2010

Get ready to be challenged for reading off a "statist authoritarian" script, LOL.

Just out of curiosity, have you ever seen one of our friends on the right ADMIT the origin of the Individual Mandate?

I have not; I'm not sure they can. I suspect that they've been chipped somehow.

Who were the Republicans who voted for the ACA monstrosity and it`s individual mandate?name them.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Sunwolf

Where did the idea of the Individual Mandate come from?

What party's healthcare reforming legislation included the individual mandate from the 80s until the ACA?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

The individual mandate was a republican idea. It was dreamed up by the Heritage foundation and the Republicans tried for years to get it passed.

The Heritage Foundation never endorsed it.

The "paper" was written by one author who claimed independence.

edit on Jul-30-2015 by xuenchen because: horrible malisious

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The fact of the matter is, an idea is just an idea until that idea becomes a law (heaven forbid).

It is the law that is of immediate concern, because the law is what is operative in society. The government doesn't (well, it's not supposed to) go around enforcing ideas.

All this blabbering about Republican "ideas" is deliberately designed to derail accountability from the current government, which is the executor of the law (funny how that works).

Statist propaganda, in other words. Just regurgitate it like you've been told. Confuse the issue until no one knows what the hell anyone's talking about anymore, making any chance at meaningful discourse utterly unattainable.
edit on 7/30/15 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join