It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Feelings, and Why They do not Matter.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Yes, I see, your feelings don't matter if you want them to not matter.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

And you believe your emotions should answer to your will as your body does?

Is this an interview? I thought we were not making each other the topic of conversation.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Yes, I see, your feelings don't matter if you want them to not matter.

You see what you want to see, not much else.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

And you believe your emotions should answer to your will as your body does?

Is this an interview? I thought we were not making each other the topic of conversation.

Yes, as the author of this thread, we must draw you out. You are the creator of this thread, so we must explore further. Apprehensive? (Is that a feeling? Never mind it does not matter).

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Yes, as the author of this thread, we must draw you out. You are the creator of this thread, so we must explore further. Apprehensive? (Is that a feeling? Never mind it does not matter).

It would take much more than that to make me anxious, friend. Now a better question might be to see if I feel you are annoying, or if you are objectively being annoying. We can gather the evidence and decide by those means.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

It would take much more than that to make me anxious, friend. Now a better question might be to see if I feel you are annoying, or if you are objectively being annoying. We can gather the evidence and decide by those means.

Are you feeling?

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Are you feeling?

I expressed that I do feel, yes. Never said the opposite. The question is does what I feel matter? To you my feelings don't seem to matter at all, given your hostility. I expected as much. But do my feelings matter to me? It doesn't matter, for they've already passed.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Are you feeling?

I expressed that I do feel, yes. Never said the opposite. The question is does what I feel matter? To you my feelings don't seem to matter at all, given your hostility. I expected as much. But do my feelings matter to me? It doesn't matter, for they've already passed.

Yes, your feelings matter to us all here, why do you think we are bothering to post and connect with you?

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I FEEL tired
Good night folks

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet
I FEEL tired
Good night folks

Me too, goodnight gracey.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Yes, your feelings matter to us all here, why do you think we are bothering to post and connect with you?

And why is that?

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

And why is that?

Why do we feel for you? Is that what you are asking?

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Why do my feelings matter to you?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 03:10 AM
link   
My Father died this year
My Mother FEELS a great loss and is sad
Does that matter to me
Of course it does
Why because she loved him and I love them both
So I FEEL the need to comfort her

I FELT like writing this to try open up your eyes
How we FEEL about the world and people matter as it initiates our actions
IE What we do with our feelings
edit on 18-8-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

edit on 18-8-2015 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Why do your or others' feelings not matter to you or to them? Is the question, is it not?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

We would have to be pretty terrible people if we didn't care simply because you're not us. Empathy and compassion can be pretty rewarding if you put forth the effort to act on them. I should probably clarify that the reward is more worthwhile if everyone benefits from it, hence "community spirit". Feeling good by yourself is nice, but feeling good with other people who feel good is better.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Because it feels good, correct? Your reward is more good feelings?

Then with whoms feelings are you really concerned with?

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

I'm sorry for your family's loss, friend.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Why do your or others' feelings not matter to you or to them? Is the question, is it not?

I wrote a thread about it. If you need help finding it, let me know.

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   
So I can give an example that kinda proves, but ultimately disproves OPs point.

In death, we mourn for OUR loss. We often project our feelings onto the deceased, and forget that he no longer suffers, they are own concerns being dealt with.

This is a very clear case where the feelings we express for another are entirely our own, and not truly concerned for the well-being of the individual. He or she is gone, there is no coming back, no pain for this individual, the pain is for the surviving.

I don't take this to be the same when we express feelings for those still around. It depends. There can certainly be a disconnect between how we perceive another individual, and feel about their situation, and how the individual feels about their own situation. When this discrepancy is large enough, it becomes obvious to outside parties that the person expressing feelings is ultimately dealing with their own issues, projected onto the other individual.

When there is a connection between the person expressing feelings, and the person receiving them, I don't think this is about the person expressing feelings. That seems to be a short-sighted view. It's about helping in some form. There's still this need to have your feelings validated, but that's still besides the point.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join