It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Feelings, and Why They do not Matter.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: TzarChasm

They don't matter enough for such measures.

Then why make a thread about it?

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Because people seem to think feelings matter.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Eradicated, no, not possible. Controlled, depends. If you are feeling generous with people who work for you and the action is too give them all a big fat bonus. Have at it. If you get angry and your action would be to go assault someone then yes, need to control it.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Because people seem to think feelings matter.

And you seem to think your opinion matters. Curious that you would give weight to one and not the other. Seems almost biased actually. "Feelings don't matter so much I have to make a thread about how I feel they don't matter".

Maybe you do have a sense of humor - but that would require feelings.
edit on 17-8-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I never said I don't have feelings. Surely if they in any way mattered to you, you'd inquire about them. But what matters to you is what I do, and how you react as a result. I imagine you wish I cared about your feelings. I'm not sure you would accept any of the arguments because they make you feel bad, or imply something you feel shouldn't be implied.

Writing such a thread not at all about dictating an opinion. It's always about learning.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Excuse me, but I'm not the thread topic, and sneering at me while ignoring my points is not a rebuttal...which I shouldn't have to tell you. Now please address the post and not the poster. Honestly, this isn't your first rodeo so no need to act like a rookie.

Or, you know, just keep attacking me personally. Do you intend to prove feelings don't matter by trying to wound as many as possible? Flawed strategy there, sir.

Or perhaps my argument wasn't clear enough. Let me put it simply:

"My opinion is that your feelings don't matter"

"Well my feeling is that your opinion doesn't matter."

Under all the shiny intellectual wrapping, it is a juvenile philosophy.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Writing such a thread not at all about dictating an opinion. It's always about learning.

When you say it is about 'learning' - do you mean that you are teaching your philosophy?

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Excuse me, but I'm not the thread topic

And you seem to think your opinion matters. Curious that you would give weight to one and not the other. Seems almost biased actually. "Feelings don't matter so much I have to make a thread about how I feel they don't matter".

Maybe you do have a sense of humor - but that would require feelings.

Too bad this world isn't more like Equilibrium, where feelings are illegal. Sounds like some people around here would be right at home in that sort of culture.

"Dark enlightenment"...funny thing is, it actually kinda fits.

I find it scary to think anyone would consider erring on the side of caution to avoid unnecessary cruelty to be "fallacious and deceptive". How do you find basis for compassion, kindness, random acts of charity? The stuff we pride ourselves in, seeing a need and responding to it not out of duty or obligation but because we know how it feels.

...Oh, right. You dislike all things human. Hence the username. It all makes sense now. I'm sorry for your suffering, spending so much time as the thing you disdain. Although you might find that flexibility grants you some much needed breathing room in your philosophies.

And maybe you aren't in a position to criticize people for having feelings. Particularly when your lack of sentiment appears to give you a somewhat harder edge than might be considered helpful.

I feel (I don't care if it doesn't matter) that your disdain for "feelings" says more about you than it does the society you criticize. How does it "feel" to be a pedant? To miss the forest for the mosquitoes? Guess it doesn't matter.

An irony so juvenile it becomes hypocrisy.
edit on 17-8-2015 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

It means I am developing my philosophy. I have nothing to teach.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

It means I am developing my philosophy. I have nothing to teach.

Do you have anything to learn?

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Or, in other words -

"Your feelings do not matter to me".

Reply,

"My feelings matter to me and others within my life's experiences; my reality",

and

"My feelings don't matter to you, specifically".

If your feelings that others' feelings do not matter to you then that is a sad state of being.
edit on 17-8-2015 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Do you have anything to learn?

Of course.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

If your feelings that others' feelings do not matter to you then that is a sad state of being.

Being sad is a sad state of being? Well done.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Being sad is a sad state of being? Well done.

I am sure Buddha would agree.

"What we think, we become". Buddha
edit on 17-8-2015 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I dare you to find the scriptural source for that quote. But that would involve reading Buddha's actual words.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I dare you to find the scriptural source for that quote. But that would involve reading Buddha's actual words.

Only if you double dare me.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Imo...."feelings" are the primary "tool" in the arsenal of tools that form the crucible of life. They are most always present but as to whether or not they are in line with morality or logic is something that must be deduced by the one being subjected to them. They are...imo... one of the supreme manipulators of human decision making. And thus one of the most effective tools for "testing and trying "the validity of our decision making processes.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

An irony so juvenile it becomes hypocrisy.

ok...lets try this again.

do you have a family? husband, wife, kids, brothers and sisters, parents? do you love them? why?

how about a nice cold drink at the end of a long day, watching the sunset go down and the kids enjoying themselves in the yard?

how about graduation? or promotion? surely you experienced one or both. how did you feel about that? does that still matter to you today?

fear, joy, hope, sorrow, trust, anger, shame, pity, indignation, envy, love? do you not experience these sensations? do you ignore them?

i sincerely, honestly, truly dont understand and i am trying to...but you make it difficult. and that makes me feel frustrated.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I'll be here if you change your mind.

posted on Aug, 17 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

I'll be here if you change your mind.

an invitation! hopefully a sincere one.

i edited. check 'er out.

new topics