It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For people who believe homosexuality is a choice.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Jobeycool

LOL DAAARRNN

Did they release all the mental patients from the hospital today ?

Sir or Madam Welcome back to the real world
things have change a little since you've been gone

much respect it must be hard

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

technically you are not hetero
technically you are not homosexual
technically you are not bi-sexual

VERY WELL PUT SIR

smartest reply I heard all day

LET'S NOT LABEL EACHOTHER !!!!!

edit on 31-7-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

Because you are born with a Sexual Orientation and Gender-Identity you don't select it. but by your account we are born with No Sexual Orientation and than we get to pick which one we want? and than change it along the way.. so you can see your self "Going Gay"?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: Darth_Prime

You raise some good questions in this post. Let me answer them for you.

Technically you are not heterosexual until you commit a sexual act, but that doesn't make you bi-sexual which requires having sexual acts with both genders, it makes you non-sexual.

Sexuality is defined by attraction, not sexual activity. i.e. You could be a heterosexual male who just loves the female body but you decide to be celibate for your entire life.

I mean are all people who have EVER had sex with someone of the same sex bi-sexual? Or are they what they choose to be, if they say they are hetero even though in the past they were bi, does that change? If it does, then how could you argue that it's not a choice?

In a single world, YES. Sexuality is not just three black and white categories - Straight, Bi, Gay. Think of it as a sliding scale of one to nine. I'll list it below for you as an approximation guide. This is a rough guide only - but it shows the transition of straight to gay in a far clearer light.

Straight

1. A straight person who has never felt attraction to the same sex
  2. A straight person who has felt attraction to the same sex but not acted on it
  3. A Straight person who has felt attraction to a few people of the same sex
  4. A Straight person who has maybe been attracted to a number of people of the same sex but decided they like the opposite sex more
  5. A person who is equally attracted to both genders
  6. A gay person who maybe felt attracted to a number of people of the opposite sex, but has decided they prefer the same sex
  7. A gay person who has felt attracted to a few people of the opposite sex
  8. A gay person who has been attracted to someone of the opposite sex but has never acted on it
  9. A gay person who has never felt attracted to the opposite sex
Gay

Sexual activity does tend to increase around the middle of this scale, but not always. i.e. The closer one is to true bisexual the more likely to have acted upon their attraction whereas a #1 or #9 may not because they know which gender they are attracted to and wish to wait to find the right person before becoming sexually active, whereas there are levels of confusion for 3 - 6 that might encourage them to act on their attraction to physically work out who they like the most.

I mean if someone were hetero their WHOLE life and then decides that they are gay, does that mean that really they are bi? If not, if they are gay, how can you argue that it's not a choice? I mean they are deciding arbitrarily what they are. Well, maybe not arbitrarily necessary, but they are deciding what they are to be considered. That pretty much makes it a choice.

Jaden

The above scale explains this one - a person may be say #6 on the scale - they've always been quite attracted to the same sex, but have never acted on it because of societal pressure. These people often wait until later in life then realise they are living a lie that they can no longer live with.

I was also told by a leading researcher in NZ, Felix Donelly that male menopause (mid life crisis) is a real thing. It also has something to do with sexuality and some men actually do change sexuality during it. Yes, you can go from straight to gay and vice versa during mid life crisis. There is very little known about it, but according to him it's a real thing.
edit on 31-7-2015 by markosity1973 because: Extra clarification

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Too bad for the direction of your thoughts and hearts, my post was generally ignored while you men continue to blather in the past. An easy yet weak and unfruitful place.

With all in equality, God bless our souls.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: derickonfire
Too bad for the direction of your thoughts and hearts, my post was generally ignored while you men continue to blather in the past. An easy yet weak and unfruitful place.

With all in equality, God bless our souls.

Your post was intelligently addressed by Jadestar.

Many, many things about a person are determined by genetics i.e. hair and eye colour, baldness, some diseases etc etc.

The how and why of homosexuality is an irrelevant question, because we just are.

Since you are religious, I will leave you with a bible quote to ponder;

Matthew 19:12

For there are eunuchs who were born that way, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others--and there are those who choose to live like eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. The one who can accept this should accept it."

Eunuch was a euphemism in Jesus day for effeminate (i.e. obviously gay) men as well as the castrated type. This passage is probably the truth about the matter in that there are several likely causes, including being born that way.
edit on 1-8-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I gotta say, I truly wonder why people even care whether it's a choice or not? So what if is? Why would anyone care if someone chooses to be gay or not. People need to quit worrying so damn much about one another's personal business.

Reality television and social media have engendered (couldn't help myself) the out of control issue of "social voyeurism". Facebook news feeds are so damn cringe-worthy that I can't even bear logging in due to the embarrassment I feel for all of the bs my "friends" allow themselves to become concerned with. The whole thing is one giant embarrassment.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Argus100
I gotta say, I truly wonder why people even care whether it's a choice or not? So what if is? Why would anyone care if someone chooses to be gay or not. People need to quit worrying so damn much about one another's personal business.

Reality television and social media have engendered (couldn't help myself) the out of control issue of "social voyeurism". Facebook news feeds are so damn cringe-worthy that I can't even bear logging in due to the embarrassment I feel for all of the bs my "friends" allow themselves to become concerned with. The whole thing is one giant embarrassment.
you want to be my facebook friend
100000% agreed .. I stopped even hanging around people.. good god I am pathetically sad.. but ats you keep me fullfilled on all levels.. I am a happy deppy cyber ats addict

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I totally understand this. We don't choose what we are, we are just born that way. I'm not homossexual, I'm straight, but I totally support your cause for equal rights because it's not up to me, the pope or anybody to dictate one's happiness based on their sexuality. We're all humans, we're all "the same", and we should all be treated the same.

Stay strong!

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenEars123

The fact that you called yourself 97% gay while trying to argue that you didn't choose the life you live makes me hate you very very very much

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: pianoasis

I pity you then.
Why does it bother you so much? even enough to hate? maybe look in the mirror.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Hate is such a strong word, where does that even come from?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: pianoasis

The fact that you called yourself 97% gay while trying to argue that you didn't choose the life you live makes me hate you very very very much

Clearly you did not read the sexuality scale I posted.

Sexuality is far from a black and white three category thing. Nobody gets to choose their sexuality or the level on it. Therefore hatred is unnecessary.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   

I'm sorry you feel that way.

But I'm still attracted to a 'very few' specific type of female. I can't help that, it's just 'the way it seems to be'

I've spent nearly 30 years trying to understand myself, and this is the best explanation I could come up with.

Maybe you should listen and try to understand more, rather than just 'choosing' to hate.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

.. and herein lies the problem.

Why do you hate someone for what they write on the internet?

Why do you hate someone who has absolutely no bearing on your life whatsoever..

For whom the bell(end) tolls...

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Truth_Hz

How right you are, however,
Everybody is guilty of this at some point in there life,
Look inside yourselves people.
Most of us have hated someone at some point
Everybody needs to learn to accept people for who they are..
Thanks

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: FerretofChutney
a reply to: Truth_Hz

How right you are, however,
Everybody is guilty of this at some point in there life,
Look inside yourselves people.
Most of us have hated someone at some point
Everybody needs to learn to accept people for who they are..
Thanks

How I agree my friend.
Each to their own (within reason!)
Lumping everyone together is always unfair, we are all different!
My personal experiences may help others identify with themselves, and it pleases me if it's the case.
Everyone should have an open mind to the way others lead their lives. Unfortunately life is not that simple.
Treat others how you would like to be treated yourself.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Pretty much agree with everything you say,
One must learn to love ones self before others,
Remember though that you are not alone!
Knowing this can help you through some pretty dark times.

Sometimes I like to reflect on what has brought me to this place in my life
Whether circumstance or good fortune,
One should always be thankful for the things that shaped you
Regardless of how much it has hurt to get to this place.
Deny Ignorance my friend and live your life!

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenEars123

I'm sorry you feel that way.

But I'm still attracted to a 'very few' specific type of female. I can't help that, it's just 'the way it seems to be'

I've spent nearly 30 years trying to understand myself, and this is the best explanation I could come up with.

Maybe you should listen and try to understand more, rather than just 'choosing' to hate.

You know, I apologize for using the word hate, I'm merely upset. I am upset because you are making an argument for homosexuals when you are not homosexual. If you had said sexual preference is not a choice I would have been unfazed.

posted on Aug, 16 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

it is not a preference though, it's an Orientation that you are Born with

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join