It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Body, My Organs: If Planned Parenthood Can Sell Body Parts, Why Can’t I?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

You can.

You can sell your entire body to medical departments
at major universities. They put stamp on the bottom
of your foot. After you die, you get delivered to
the institution of your choice and they have a
fiesta with your body parts.

Kev

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   
It's stupid, but we as a country aren't big fans of common sense anyway.

You can't sell your own body parts. You can't choose to take your own life.

You can, however, rent out your uterus. We will let that one slide.

Yeah, I'm a big fan of "my body, my choice" From my heel to my hair.

Shouldn't be anyone else's business.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Best part of the whole show there lol

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
there is of course the option :

opting out of organ dontation requires a signed opt-out before death .

if you dont register your objection while you are alive - your corpse = loot

every country should enact this IMHO

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: KellyPrettyBear

You can.

You can sell your entire body to medical departments
at major universities. They put stamp on the bottom
of your foot. After you die, you get delivered to
the institution of your choice and they have a
fiesta with your body parts.

Kev

No you can not.

medcure.org...

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

How about if I just sold my piano?

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Why sell? you have no need for money so do the right thing and donate.
Help better some other folks lives eh?.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Actually you can 'donate' them which is what Planned Parenthood was doing.

Planned Parenthood wasn't donating whole organs just tissue for research and being reimbursed for their costs (packaging and shipping I would imagine). There was no 'selling' involved.

The costs associated with said 'donations' are reimbursable.
edit on 27-7-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The rub:

If the fetus is a fetus and not a human, then they aren't "body parts". Because it wasn't human to begin, nor was it "alive". It is just tissue.

However, if the fetus is a human child, then you are right: they are body parts.

And that, my friend, is the gap in understanding that underpins the entire abortion debate.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
1 person was caught trying to sell body parts, body parts and abortion arent on the same level of medical treatments needed.

Oh and its an opinion piece not facts, and yes your biased opinion shows.

Thanks for coming out.

Abortion is between a women and her doctor, not that hard to understand.

Ok, why then is not selling an organ between the patient and doctor?
It is currently illegal in the US and in most countries.
That is an interesting question if one believes that a person has the right to do whatever they wish with their body.

I actually agree with the author on the point that allowing people to sell the organs of their brain and heart dead relatives would increase the number of available organs and not just benefit the hospital brokers who get rich off of it.

You can donate all the organs you want with the consent of the doctors involved.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

This is pretty much the overlooked crux of the abortion argument. Is it a person or not? Is it "conscious", does it have awareness?

If you don't factor that into the equation, the arguing is pointless. One side sees them as living, thinking human beings -- the other side does not.

The issue is further complicated by the fact that each case is unique, and no two fetus's develop at the same pace. I don't have any numbers, but I would imagine most abortions happen within the first trimester after the woman is alerted to the unwanted pregnancy.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

This is pretty much the overlooked crux of the abortion argument. Is it a person or not? Is it "conscious", does it have awareness?

If you don't factor that into the equation, the arguing is pointless. One side sees them as living, thinking human beings -- the other side does not.

The issue is further complicated by the fact that each case is unique, and no two fetus's develop at the same pace. I don't have any numbers, but I would imagine most abortions happen within the first trimester after the woman is alerted to the unwanted pregnancy.

"Is it a person"
"Is it conscious"
"Is it aware"

I first have to grapple with what the right question actually is. I have seen patients who are "vegetables" and lack both consciousness and awareness. Since they at one time had both, however, that is ignored and they are undoubtedly considered a "person". Because everyone who knows them agrees...."That is so and so".

So what is the right question to even ask here? "When does its heart beat for the first time?" "When does it have thought?" "When does a 'soul' enter the body?"

I think if agreement could be had as to what the correct question to ask is, we could then maybe work out how to answer it.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Yes. Each person will have his or her opinion on whether or not a fetus is a person. That's why it's so important that one's opinion doesn't dictate the behavior for another person.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

originally posted by: grandmakdw

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
1 person was caught trying to sell body parts, body parts and abortion arent on the same level of medical treatments needed.

Oh and its an opinion piece not facts, and yes your biased opinion shows.

Thanks for coming out.

Abortion is between a women and her doctor, not that hard to understand.

Ok, why then is not selling an organ between the patient and doctor?
It is currently illegal in the US and in most countries.
That is an interesting question if one believes that a person has the right to do whatever they wish with their body.

I actually agree with the author on the point that allowing people to sell the organs of their brain and heart dead relatives would increase the number of available organs and not just benefit the hospital brokers who get rich off of it.

You can donate all the organs you want with the consent of the doctors involved.

Donate yes. But the organ brokers profit off the donations, and greatly profit, insanely profit.

Why shouldn't the families or person get compensation instead of the money grubbing brokers?

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Thats why I say you should use them up, so nothing can be scavenged. Drink, smoke, eat only bacon....don't leave anything worthwhile behind.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Yes. Each person will have his or her opinion on whether or not a fetus is a person. That's why it's so important that one's opinion doesn't dictate the behavior for another person.

So then you feel it is ok for a person to sell their organs, or the organs of their deceased relatives, if they wish and it should not be illegal?
Regardless of it it kills the person who sells their organs, if they consciously choose to sell their organs?

That way no one's opinion dictates the behavior of another.

edit on 5Mon, 27 Jul 2015 17:21:13 -0500pm72707pmk271 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

So just a hypothetical. Let's say someone murders a pregnant woman. Should he be charged with two murders?

The argument I most often see supporters of abortion use is that the baby would not be viable on it's own. I don't see how that's a very good argument, considering folks are supposed to be responsible for their children up to 18. If you remove a baby prematurely due to complications, it's not going to survive on it's own without state of the art medical treatment, but anyone would agree that if someone intentionally ended the baby's life it would be murder.

I agree that at a certain point an abortion is basically akin to having alone time with a tube sock, and frankly I don't know enough about it to make a call as to when abortions shouldn't be had unless for a medical emergency.

I think too often one side forgets that the other side is trying to be just as moral, but has a different frame of reference. As to your comment about opinion, some people don't think murder is wrong, but they shouldn't be allowed to do it. I don't think anyone is objecting to someone doing what they want with their own body, but that they consider the unborn child to have rights too, even though they would be unable to express them.

I don't really have a dog in this fight. This is one issue where as my Father always said "My heart and my head don't agree." Can't remember where that quote came from, but it certainly seems fitting.

In an ideal world everyone would use birth control, no one would be raped and complications/deformities wouldn't exist. I get that the world isn't ideal, but to me it seems like there are far too many people that are irresponsible and that forces society to make a very difficult moral decision.

Birth control is pretty freaking effective. So is abstinence. I get that it's not always that easy.

I really wish everyone had a switch that had a complicated process to access, and that both parties had to turn it to the "baby" position for someone to get pregnant. Until then education and access to birth control is going to be the best bet in curbing unwanted pregnancies, both of which oddly enough seem to be frowned on by the same people that are most outspoken about abortions...

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

So Glenn Beck's "The Blaze" isn't aware PP isn't selling organs and that was just a smear campaign? Shocking.

Good news though, you can sell your organs on the black market but the bad news is you'll probably be dead.
edit on 27-7-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
If women choose to have an abortion because it's their body their roghts, why can't I keep my damn seat belt off.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: concerned190

The real question is why would you anyone who isn't a complete idiot want to? Actually we probably should let people refuse to wear their seat belts, Darwin and whatnot.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join