It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Hulu adventure......or

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
"I am sick of paying you fu**in greedy underhanded basta**s for nothin' "
Pick which title you prefer.
This will be a fairly short Rant. Maybe. If I don't fly off on a tangent. To begin with : Yes. I watch TV. I have a really big one. Actually 4 of them. There are programs that I like and enjoy. I know they are trying to sell me things I don't want...TV is bad...TV is subliminal messaging...TV is trying to program me and my family.
Yes.
I.
Know.
I still like it and will continue to watch it.
Here is what's pissin me off today. I read a thread about a new show that's on, it sounds interesting and I go to Hulu to see if they've got it...Yep! There it is!. Now, I log in, prepared to watch and what do I get?
"This video is only available by connecting to a participating TV provider".
So, I have to pay a TV provider to watch a show on an account I pay for so I don't have to pay a TV provider? Which is why I got a Hulu account to begin with. I got sick of paying Dish Network $130 a month for the 8 channels I actually watch, but have to come along with 400 others just to get those 8.

And WTF is with all the commercials on Hulu? 6 minutes of program, 3 minutes of inane, brain dead commercials. That was a big part of why I liked the online streaming. I don't have to watch some bubble head tell me what tooth paste to buy or clothes to wear or which credit card company really, really loves me and will screw me the least. I have a Netflix account also, same cost and guess what.....no commercials.
So now, the on line account I have, that I got so I wouldn't have to pay Dish, tells me I have to pay Dish, to watch a show online that I got an account for so...........................................AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH.

I know, I know. It;s all about how much money they can screw you out of, but this is getting just stupid. Pay for an account to pay for an account to pay for watching a show.
My few dollars may not make a big difference, but I'm hoping many, many more get fed up with their crap and drop'em.
Goodbye Hulu. You were a complete waste of money.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Um, take up a hobby that you and your family can enjoy? Board games?

Upside: save money, create memories with kids/grandkids (if applicable).

Downside: save money to spend donating to ATS so you can come and create a rant about how cheaply made board games are today...

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I don't do Hulu, I have Dish though.

I like them.

link   

Hulu has to contract with the networks that own each show they offer for streaming. Some shows are available on regular Hulu, some networks charge more so Hulu makes them only available to Hulu Plus subscribers and some networks will contract with Hulu to use them as their streaming service because they don't have their own streaming service, those are the ones you will see that you can only watch if you access to that network through a cable provider.

link   
Get ride of your TVs , make love to your wife, make lots of children and spend the next 18 years wishing you had kept the TVs

(post by Iamthatbish removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

That's a recipe for a run in with the feds IMO.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I honestly would rather read a book so I don't have the t.v. issue.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
primewire.ag- don't downlioad, stream. You do have to play pop up whack a mole though.

If it is very popular and you need it simpler, cokeandpopcorn.ch Don't download, stream. No popup whack a mole, but there is less of a selection. Make sure to click on tv shows in the top bar.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Iamthatbish

That's a recipe for a run in with the feds IMO.

I mainly stream, I don't want to own everything I watch. But if I can't find something or want to keep it, I will torrent it. The feds are interested in people that upload, upload a LOT and the a company that holds the rights figured out who was uploading. I uncheck seeding.
edit on 26-7-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I feel you man. It is a shame how far we have come with advanced technology and the changes taking us into the future, and yet TV providers still take a stake in streaming and make it a worse headache than actually owning a cable service instead.

This makes it difficult for people who want to get rid of the archaic old unwelcome cable television from their home and go streaming only with a handful of cheaper services than the whole cost of cable TV.

For some reason we all seem to think this hurts only the customer and if they would remove this ridiculous restriction they would make more money anyway by attracting more customers, yet they tend to disagree.

I had my own issues like this with HBOGO. It was a streaming service with a lot of good HBO content... Mainly TV shows. The downside was that you literally needed to log in using not an HBO account but your tv provider account so they could authorize it. There was no separate account for streaming. Furhermore, every application of HBOGO was treated differently. Of course HBOGO developed the app for popular streaming box platforms, smartphones, tablets and gaming consoles but it was up to the TV service you owned if they allowed you to play HBO content through HBO's app on a device. That's right, HBO was fine with it, but if your TV provider didn't like your PS3 or iPad, and you didn't have a streaming box or something else you would have to go use your conputer because HBOGO in the browser was universal.

Luckily the satanic abomination I mentioned above has been put to sleep like the rabid dog it was and now HBO allows you to buy a subscription for 15/month with no TV needed.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

Too late.
3 kids. Been a Dad since I was 23...I'm 50, youngest are 17 &14. Still got a ways to go before those are ready to leave the nest.
On the plus side, since a visit to the Dr, we can practice making them all we like now.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: imod02

Too late.
3 kids. Been a Dad since I was 23...I'm 50, youngest are 17 &14. Still got a ways to go before those are ready to leave the nest.
On the plus side, since a visit to the Dr, we can practice making them all we like now.

Wonderful answer

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Ah, now you are getting to understand where Mr Cruise gets his few millions a film from. But I'm afraid Americans are the main protagonists for this system.
It's called "copyright".
I absolutely hate and detest this confidence trick on normal people and it's impossible to stop so you either put up or shut up.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   

You fell for it! What did you see that said anywhere in any of your subscriptions that they promise you NO COMMERCIALS!?

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...

just a funny irrelevant video...............

the internet is really useful for things like videos..
edit on 7/27/15 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

top topics

join