It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth of Things

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
How come they never show the many people who die from regular medicine on the mainstream news?

Because it isn't news.

Why do they always show the few cases of when fairh healing didn't work?

Becuase it shows that there is no guarantee.

My point is that Faith without doubt has the power to do things which people are being taught is impossible.

But, does it? Also, is it some things, small things, anything?
edit on 26-7-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

To see is to see something, but what? You see an image of light that the bible calls Jesus or the Son of God.

Jesus was a very wise man wasn't he? There is no surprise (in my opinion) then that history also has roots in a word for "wiseman". To see the story of the wiseman is to see the image of light and the story that it tells. That story is history. Surely you can understand that analogy? It's very simple.

Language and its structure is no coincidence. The root languages such as Greek, Hebrew, Latin, etc. all have very precise meaning in them, it is the languages that were built on top of those root languages that obfuscate their true meanings.

If I asked you what "history" meant on a very fundamental level, would you say that it means "to see"? No, history is commonly thought of as what has already happened in the past, what is seen is not in the past, it is right here and right now.

This thing that is playing out before your eyes is history, not the past. It is the wisemans story, your story. This story is in the form of an image off light, the image of God.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: KellyPrettyBear

I'm not telling anyone how to think, only presenting information that I hold to be true. I have a very firm grasp on reality and am not delusional in the least. I live just as normal a life as anyone else, the only difference is that I an awake.

As for your reply to ancientthunder and having some kind of global movement woven around you, that certainly does sound like delusion. I don't think any global movement will be centered around me ever, I only give this information to those who I can, no more no less. I wouldn't want a movement woven around me anyways, I do not desire attention at any global level.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Everyone has an opinion.

But most opinion's don't help anyone.

PS: On the global organization - yes, I too saw it as delusion
and got myself out of it. I did further research which has
completely eradicated the foundation of their faith.

Kev
edit on 26-7-2015 by KellyPrettyBear because: added PS

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

So what are you getting at? That since you believe my opinion won't help anyone that means it has no significance or importance?

I personally try to look at it in the opposite way, everyone's opinion matters and is important in some way, even if only on a personal level. I believe your opinion matters even if I disagree with it.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
To see is to see something, but what? You see an image of light that the bible calls Jesus or the Son of God.

No, it doesn't.

Jesus was a very wise man wasn't he?

Did he even exist? First things first.

Language and its structure is no coincidence. The root languages such as Greek, Hebrew, Latin, etc. all have very precise meaning in them, it is the languages that were built on top of those root languages that obfuscate their true meanings.

A rose by any other name and all that jazz. Words are not the NOW.

If I asked you what "history" meant on a very fundamental level, would you say that it means "to see"? No, history is commonly thought of as what has already happened in the past, what is seen is not in the past, it is right here and right now.

No it isn't and that is why it stands against the OP. You debunked yourself. Either one claim is wrong or the other is. Personally I think they both are but since you might want at least one to be true then you have to lay the other down.

This thing that is playing out before your eyes is history, not the past. It is the wisemans story, your story. This story is in the form of an image off light, the image of God.

Really?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Do you believe you have an immortal soul or spirit? So then you'd need to be 'spiritual' in order to tend to that soul and/or spirit? Where do you think those concepts came from? Do you think those are healthy concepts?
Its not about what I believe, its about what is. Spiritual is a big word with many meanings, perhaps truthful within my current capacity is the best. I cannot be sure where those concepts originated from as there has been many games played. Do I think they are healthy? for some they may be for others not at all. In a way you have answered my original question or enquiry. My view is all we can do it keep cutting through and see where that leads. If I was to say where It leads, that would be misleading.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ancientthunder

Funny how that works ;-)

Most 'spiritual seekers' are merely seekers of comfort.

BTW, did you know that Testosterone crosses the
blood brain barrier?

Funny thing how so many spiritual and religious
systems want us to be celibate to 'gain power
or grace'.

Funny thing that.

I wonder why that is?

Kev

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Well, now you are asking someone else questions
rather than just pontificating.

I like that!

Keep up the good work.

Kevin

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I'm not pontificating, only answering questions and giving what I believe are answers. Sorry if it comes off as pontificating, that's not my intent.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I'm not pontificating, only answering questions and giving what I believe are answers. Sorry if it comes off as pontificating, that's not my intent.

Well the Internet will still be here, after you power down your
computer, and people will still be muddling along as best they
can.

I don't mean to dog you.. I just see a younger version of myself
in you and felt compassion.

But I don't want to spoil your fun either.. we all have to work
these things out of ours systems, including me.

Best of the afternoon to you!

Kev

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Yes it does, Jesus/image of God/Son of God/light of the world, all labels that describe Jesus in the bible. The Son of God is an image that lights the world, you see that image right now.

I don't know if he existed or not, I don't really think it matters to be honest. What matters are the words and concepts associated with him and attributed to him. I believe he never existed physically and is nothing more than a concept or idea put into the form of a story of a man who lived in the first century.

How have I debunked myself exactly? History means "to see a story", what is seen other than what is within the NOW? Right now is what is seen, it is history unfolding. It's a very simple concept. It seems as though you are searching for reasons to disagree. Maybe I am wrong there but that is the vibe I have been getting from you so far.
edit on 7/26/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I don't know why you feel like this needs to be worked out of my system. It's not harmful is it? It gives me freedom from fear and worry. You seem to be talking "down" to me now. I don't need pity, I am not suffering in any way so I'm not sure why you feel the need to have compassion or pity for me.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

The downloadable information meme 'Jesus' and its associated archon interface is Windows 95,we are up to Windows 10 out there now sorry your guy is dangerous for operators these days.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

I agree, the religious version of Jesus is very harmful, it teaches apathy and complacency. I do not worship Jesus at all so he is not "my guy" as you call him.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I don't know why you feel like this needs to be worked out of my system. It's not harmful is it? It gives me freedom from fear and worry. You seem to be talking "down" to me now. I don't need pity, I am not suffering in any way so I'm not sure why you feel the need to have compassion or pity for me.

There is nothing negative about compassion, and if the compassion
is genuine, there is no talking down or pity.

By the way, I "put the woman down" after crossing the river,
are you still "carrying her"?

;-)

Kev

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I have found his real name Yeshua packs considerably more clout.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I am carrying her just as much as you are brother/sister, though I do not cling to her nor feel the need to hold onto her for any longer than I have to, I am only "carrying" her in the sense that I am in this body right now, as are you. She is only temporary in my eyes, I know where eternity lies, its on my side of the river.
edit on 7/26/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I am carrying her just as much as you are brother/sister, though I do not cling to her nor feel the need to hold onto her for any longer than I have to, I am only "carrying" her in the sense that I am in this body right now, as are you. She is only temporary in my eyes, I know where eternity lies, its on my side of the river.

It's Brother in this case.

Do you know why the 'Fool' is considered to the be symbol of
the highest form of consciousness in the study of the Tarot?

Not that I care for the Tarot, but it's a splendid example to
use in this context.

Kev

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Yes it does, Jesus/image of God/Son of God/light of the world, all labels that describe Jesus in the bible.

But it doesn't say that that is what one sees when living in the NOW. That is you .

I don't know if he existed or not, I don't really think it matters to be honest. What matters are the words and concepts associated with him and attributed to him. I believe he never existed physically and is nothing more than a concept or idea put into the form of a story of a man who lived in the first century.

Sure, let's just make stuff up.

How have I debunked myself exactly? History means "to see a story", what is seen other than what is within the NOW? Right now is what is seen, it is history unfolding. It's a very simple concept.

No history means "relate what you have seen". It is a simple concept but one that entails speaking of something that isn't happening in the now. So which is it the NOW or the THEN? You can't have it both ways.

It seems as though you are searching for reasons to disagree. Maybe I am wrong there but that is the vibe I have been getting from you so far.

I'm not searching for reasons. I flat out disagree.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join