It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where's the F'ing Outrage? Where is the White House Comments?!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname
a reply to: Sremmos80
I have never said that there shouldn't be outrage over heinous acts. I do however object to selective reporting of heinous acts based upon race, religion, or other demographic that ends in 'People should not have guns because guns are the problem". Those arguments are what I personally do not like. As a matter of fact, if one of the victims had a CCW, the news probably would have been much different and the perpetrators might not still be out there looking for a new target….

Meeting force with equal force.......that would never work.

Only being completely at the mercy of a criminal can ever be the answer.

We have Leo for a reason........when seconds count they are only minutes away...

Ccw is the only good answer here.

They draw theirs to harm innocents, I draw mine to protect them..

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I messaged my sister who lives north of Detroit the day this was posted on yahoo. She said she hadn't even seen it on local news at that point. It would be terrifying to experience that so I can only imagine the rage the victims may feel towards these gang bangers. Racism is an excuse I don't think works here as motive for what happened. I understand though why the op would think its racist to not overblow this into extreme proportions the way white on black crime is shoved down our throats.

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: notmyrealname

How is this a race issue . I have seen nowhere that the victims were white . White on black Obama gets involved . Black on white the MSM licks its fingers . Black on black , local news story . Guess where my money is . Wrong no matter the colour involved and i am afraid as these pricks get bolder the gun will come into play .

posted on Jul, 25 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Yes, you've realized that the stories the media focuses on are selected. They are usually not the worst. Nor even the most unusual.

And, yes, they are often chosen to facilitate an agenda.

But it's NOT about the right and the left. That's as much a false dichotomy as anything else. Nor is it about social justice issues. Real or imagined.

Look deeper. Find out who REALLY benefits from such a story. Both in the short and long term. And then you may begin to understand. And here's the best place to start: Follow the money.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I totally agree. All these issues, from satanic statues to government and police abuses, to not being able to light a barbecue if your neighbor can smell it, to the way the media portray issues, ARE ALL UNDER OUR THUMBS BUT ONLY IF PEOPLE DO THE WORK THEY CAME TO DO AND ACT! THIS IS THE DUTY OF CITIZENS AND NATIONS. TO STAND UP WITH BULLHORNS.

Would the news continue if there were fending 1000's of really angry letters and phone calls each day? I would get round table signatures on the job by the thousands.

Are people really that brain dead?

Or are they too tired, too stressed and too poor to even pay attention to the news?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   

I can't even abuse my own dog that I bought and paid for without going to jail! WTF! The Bible says that they are beneath me and I want to treat them that way so why am I punished for doing what Jesus wanted? They are helpless one may say, well so are human slaves and yet the owners of our land, financial system, food, etc, get richer every day on we feeble lives; are we less than dogs?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boscowashisnamo

Local news where I live has gotten so tainted that no descriptions are given about suspects unless they happen to be white. It has become common knowledge if that info is omitted, more that likely the suspect is either Hispanic, Black or Pacific Rim. I look it it as a public safety concern--it a serial rapist or robber is in my area, I don't care if they're the color purple, give John Q. a description!

If the MSM reports there's been a violent & brutal crime committed by a certain minority, then every person fitting that description in the neighbourhood would probably be at risk of a revenge attack, from wannabe 'so called' good citizens like yourself.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I think it has more to do with being Detoilet -- I mean, Detroit, than black perps. People expect the worst out of Chicago, St Louis, Detroit, Oakland, etc and barely bat an eyelash at them when the worst does happen. Back in the day, it was places like LA & NYC that got that reaction. You hear enough bad crap out of one place, you start tuning it out.

I did hear about it on the news here in W MI, but didn't bother posting. I figured it'd get jumped on as focusing on the dregs of society.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 04:09 AM
link   

I think the point you are missing is the difference between "crime" and "hate crime".

If the criminal act is itself the point of the criminal behavior, then it is a crime. A mugger who is trying to score dope money... a car jacker who is looking for a particular type of car... In these cases the race, religion, gender, national origin, etc - of the victim - are not the point of the crime.

That is totally different than walking into a church and mowing down strangers simply because they are black and you have stated that you hate black people. Then the act is secondary to the political statement. The identity of the victim was the motive, not the crime itself.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Rape is a power thing, not strictly a sex thing.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Honestly, there shouldn't be "hate" crimes at all. It's trying to make a crime, which is already bad enough, into something especially bad based on it's motivation, and then you have to spend all kinds of time trying to divine that motivation.

Sometimes, it's clear as a bell, but most times, it's a lot murkier and causes all kinds of division while it's being determined because ultimately no one can really read a person's mind or heart.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: notmyrealname
So, I am absolutely fed up with media bias and all of this talk about who is racist and who is not. If there are white racists then there are asian, black, hispanic, middle eastern, etc. there has always been racism and most probably always will.

What I am pissed about is how media and people can get all hyped up over Trayvon Martin and never hear or care about things like this:

Sketches released of group of men that robbed, stripped off clothes of couples in Detroit

Even though the news locally reports this they are careful not to write what really happened RAPE. Not sexual assault, it was a gang rape and it has happened more than once. So now, how about someone tell me that they are okay walking around with their wife unarmed and have this situation happen.

I am so damn raw right now

Give or take a few...but you get the gist.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Yes, RAPE is a very bad thing but at least she wash't killed. You compare this event to Travon Martin but he was killed. Dead..He'll never breathe again.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
There exists a certain aura of expectation out of certain places around the country.

If we were to remove Detroit, Chicago, Oakland, Baltimore, Washington D.C., New York, and Los Angeles from the US, the level of violence seen in the country would drop precipitously.

When it comes to these places we tend not to notice what happens there because it is expected. Gun control rules these places, gangs know they can victimize anyone they want with impunity, and in a lot of cases people defending themselves from these gangs with whatever "state approved" means of self defense are typically punished for doing just that.

edit on 2672015 by LunaticPandora because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: iDope

I can't even abuse my own dog that I bought and paid for without going to jail! WTF! The Bible says that they are beneath me and I want to treat them that way so why am I punished for doing what Jesus wanted? They are helpless one may say, well so are human slaves and yet the owners of our land, financial system, food, etc, get richer every day on we feeble lives; are we less than dogs?

What does this have to do with the subject of the OP?

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

Yes, RAPE is a very bad thing but at least she wash't killed. You compare this event to Travon Martin but he was killed. Dead..He'll never breathe again.

Yes and Trayvon can and was proven the antagonist of the situation. The mention of Travon was relating to the unprecedented response from the POTUS which arguably gave the media license to make the event a national issue.
The victims in this case were not the antagonist and therefore you argument is false and incorrect in every way/shape/form.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.
And those 6 corporations get their aggregated story leads mostly from two sources, AP and Reuters.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
"People should not have guns because guns are the problem" is one of the stupidest, inane statements every put forward. America has always had the right to bear arms and therefore guns are everywhere.
Now IF they took that right away normal law abiding citizens would have to give up their guns. BUT would those perpitrators give up their guns? I think not.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

I think the point you are missing is the difference between "crime" and "hate crime".

If the criminal act is itself the point of the criminal behavior, then it is a crime. A mugger who is trying to score dope money... a car jacker who is looking for a particular type of car... In these cases the race, religion, gender, national origin, etc - of the victim - are not the point of the crime.

That is totally different than walking into a church and mowing down strangers simply because they are black and you have stated that you hate black people. Then the act is secondary to the political statement. The identity of the victim was the motive, not the crime itself.

Nope...I disagree. If you are a criminal and decide to steal a car, it is unlikely you care about the race of the driver. That is a crime and not a hate crime. When you CHOOSE a person to assault and you are of one race and the person you choose is another...from the examples by your president...that IS a hate crime. The woman was chosen...she was at least partially chosen because she was white. This is a hate crime. But...if you listen to Eric Holder and his buddy Obama...there is no such thing as a black on white hate crime.

posted on Jul, 26 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

Yup...good riddance. The punk initiated the violence and the court agreed. This woman did nothing wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join