It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan Statue to be unveiled in Detroit

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: zbeliever
a reply to: ForteanOrg
I realize that how I approach this seems alarmist.

Not "seems," IS.
Your OP is incorrect, and I'm actually surprised mods didn't edit or request that you edit it, because it's not a "Satan Statue."
Every other online article I've seen about this correctly identifies the statue as Baphomet, and this has been explained to you, and ignored, repeatedly, along with a lot of other valuable info.

Because you prefer to remain alarmist about this.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I'm surprised someone called it like that, but not so surprised it was you..

These topics always entertain me, from both sides really.

The people who would yell and scream about a Christian religious monument all of a sudden switch stances when its something that the Christians don't like.

And of course, plenty of Christians get pretty damn unhappy when the priveleges they enjoy are extended to another ideology.

I'd say, using the 'traditional' view of Satan, that its a spot on commentary about its location. The jokes pretty much write themselves.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: zbeliever

I must admit I never read "The Secret" - maybe I should one day. But even if that book had never been written, even if the Bible never had been written - it would not matter. The concepts are universal: that all is one, all is connected and all exists as it is because we, the observers, see it as it is. If we see evil, it is there. If we see good, it is there.

You have great powers - we all have. But most of us do not learn to use these powers. That's not a big problem: even people that do not use their full potential can do good. But those that learn to use their powers are able to create happiness and love for many more.

I will give you some clues, I tried to find clues that relate to your faith. I hope they will help.

Matthew, 7:7; "Seek and ye shall find." Thomas, 2; Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all." Thomas, 70; Jesus said, "If you bring forth what is within you, what you have will save you. If you do not have that within you, what you do not have within you [will] kill you." Isaiah 41:10; "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Your obviously intelligent,.....Let me guess you are more of a Carlos Castaneda Author?
Am right?

We have become off the topic to a degree.....

though I think humanity is lost dose not mean I see The world as bad or non-enjoyable.

I have seen the positives in seeing my glass half full.

Anyways, Namaste "The Spirit within me salutes the Spirit in you"

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

The people who would yell and scream about a Christian religious monument all of a sudden switch stances when its something that the Christians don't like.

That's because in a nation with Freedom of Religion, it isn't fair that a monument of one religion can be on display but not another.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I want a picture of me sitting on Satan's lap....lol

It is freedom of religion,
and if there can be christian statues, there can be satanic statues.

Pretty simple regardless of what a person believes.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Right.

Ya kinda stopped reading right there, huh?

I put that paragraph first for a reason.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: zbelieverYour obviously intelligent,.....Let me guess you are more of a Carlos Castaneda Author?

New-age-ish? No, actually. The principles and concepts are universal. There have been many whom wrote them down, some literally, some as beautiful stories, sometimes in the guise of warnings or teachings. But all you need to do is observe the world around you and listen to your inner voice.

though I think humanity is lost dose not mean I see The world as bad or non-enjoyable.

Humanity is not exactly lost, it's all around me in as far as I can see. And we learn, and learn quickly.. We are certainly progressing, both technically and - believe it or not - spiritually. The only end that is actually neigh - is the end of misery. I know, for some it may look not quite like that - but for me, it's a fact.

May your day be filled with joy.

BTW: do you plan on starting a new study of some kind?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
a reply to: Klassified

I'm surprised someone called it like that, but not so surprised it was you..

These topics always entertain me, from both sides really.

And of course, plenty of Christians get pretty damn unhappy when the priveleges they enjoy are extended to another ideology.

I'd say, using the 'traditional' view of Satan, that its a spot on commentary about its location. The jokes pretty much write themselves.

That be the truth.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

TextThe only end that is actually neigh - is the end of misery. I know, for some it may look not quite like that - but for me, it's a fact.

I truly hope you are correct.....

BTW: do you plan on starting a new study of some kind?

I wish you would elaborate on this ....My study of conspiracies, my medical career, or the study of positive energy?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: zbeliever
a reply to: ForteanOrgI wish you would elaborate on this ....My study of conspiracies, my medical career, or the study of positive energy?

Medical career

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join