It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan Statue to be unveiled in Detroit

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
To weed out protestors Christians had to sign to sign over their should to Satan to get in . LMAO

What’s really interesting is how TST dealt with all the threats they were getting from God-fearing Christians.
According to TST spokesperson Lucien Greaves, attendees for the event had to go through the following process:
1) Show up at the location stated on the e-ticket.
2) Go through a security checkpoint there.
3) Sign a contract transferring their souls to Satan.
4) Get the real location for the event, which was miles away.
It worked. The event went off without a hitch.

www.patheos.com... uls-to-satan/

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Haha I had assumed that was why they were charging $25, but the soul selling works much better. Did they even get the usual musical skill, violin virtuoso reward? Seems more like giving than selling, unless the payment for their soul was seeing a statue

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

ROFLMAO :

my own worldview does not even include the concept of " a soul "

BUT if some idiot wants me to sign a contract - then its doesnt matter if the "soul " is real - its now something they want - so it has just aquired a value .

£ 5 milion GBP ??

any offeres

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

Maybe that is the thread count and type of material they like their sheets to consist of.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Good ole Satin, LOL!

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Religious freedom includes the religions you don't like.

I can't remember the last time a satanist made the news for bombing people, they seem to stay out of peoples lives from my perspective.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: zbeliever

The statue is not the statue of 'the devil' - it is a statue of the sabbatical goat as depicted by Eliphas Levi in 1856. That sabbatical goat represents the binary unity of all things: female and male, dissolve and create, animal and man, the sun and the moon. From it's lap we see the symbol of knowledge: two snakes curled around the tree of life. And that tree of life is put where it is intentionally: it can also be seen as the male organ, giving life. The two snakes might be seen as the two faces of knowledge: the snake itself is the ultimate duality in one: it's venom can both kill and cure. And what of the two it does is determined by man, the only measure of good and evil.

This 'goat' is just an icon, used by "magicians" to discuss various concepts. Levi's definition of a magician is very close to how I see it. According to Levi a magician "looks on the wicked as invalids whom one must pity and cure; the world, with its errors and vices, is to him God's hospital, and he wishes to serve in it." Note that this requires the magician to be aware of good and evil, of what actually IS wicked. This knowledge is partially born into man, partially taught, and symbols like the 'goat' merely serve to help with that.

This statue is simply that: a statue. It serves as an icon, but is not to be worshipped, as it is stupid to worship a statue (which you can read in the Bible too). Such images and statues are useful though, like the statues of angels, Mary, the Saints or Jesus hanging from the cross (not a pretty sight either). Stuatues are not to be worshipped, they are merely put in place so the people are reminded (by themselves or their ancestors) to discuss good and evil and to teach them that it is not God who defines good and evil - it is man.

The sabbatical goat itself has no name.

It is often referred to as being named Baphomet. This likely stems from medieval times. Baphomet is most likely just a misprononciation of Mahomet = Muhammad. Crusaders, returning from a longer stay in the Middle East had adopted various teachings of Muhammad and had included them into Christendom.

The most powerful of these crusaders were the Knights Templar, whom became very powerful - so powerful they were seen as a (political!) threat. The weird stories circulating around the Templars' secret initiation ceremony created mistrust. King Philip IV of France took advantage of these rumours for his own good (he had huge debts with the Templars) and in 1307 (on a Friday - hence the popular belief that Friday the 13th brings bad luck) many of the Order's members in France were arrested, tortured, subsequently they confessed and were burned at the stake. King Philip pressured Pope Clement V to dissolve the Order in 1312. The rumours of these weird knights that believed in the teachings of "Baphomet" remained and were picked up by nineteenth and twentieth century magicians and hippies. The rest is just pop-culture.

So, you need not worry. Baphomet is not a deity. He is not 'worshipped' - most certainly not by the people that erected this particular statue. Actually, if it were a public statue, I'd advise you to visit it, and use it to discuss Evil and Good with your children, family and/or friends. For example: abortions are often seen as evil by Christians - but are they? Why do we think this, and is this indeed true? Always? Is killing animals to devour them - Good? Is killing people - Good or Evil, why? Is it a Good or Evil thing to give a new kidney to a mass murderer, because it was randomly determined he should get that kidney and not your loving and caring father?

A statue - be it a cross with a dead man hanging from it or "Baphomet" - is just that. It is what happens inside your head and how that influences your behaviour and that of others what matters.

May your day be filled with joy.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
a reply to: dreamingawake

You do realize spirits can change form, right? Just because a picture says someone looks a certain way that doesn't mean they always appear that way.

Yeah, no doubt, but the comment still stands in this particular case.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Too many brain dead liberals and idealists on the first page to respond to.

I'm not religious, but do you realize it is a monument, an idol, giving praise to pure evil? To the destruction of mankind? That your soul is up for auction and defilement? A representation of these characteristics across ALL religions and throughout history?

This is insane. Then again, it is said that in the end times right will be wrong, and wrong shall be right. Then man is lost.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLegend

You're not religious but you believe a carved stone represents pure evil?

that's funny to us brain dead liberals.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLegend

This is insane. Then again, it is said that in the end times right will be wrong, and wrong shall be right. Then man is lost.

You learn this also.....I feel it is coming true before our eyes.

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Shelby said that he noticed doves above the crowd as he prayed, a sign that “God is pleased with what we’re doing.”

Pastor David Bullock of Greater St. Matthew Baptist Church in Highland Park organized Saturday’s prayers and told the gathering: “We’re fighting for the soul of America. We’re fighting for the soul of the City of Detroit. ... The last thing we should do in Detroit is have a welcome party for the Devil

People are fighting this. Just found this quote
endtimeheadlines.org...

posted on Jul, 27 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: zbeliever

Fighting what? Freedom of religion?

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Symbols have great power and effect over people, in particular their collective conscious or groupthink.

It would be the same if it were a statue of yarn, or a cat's tail. It does not matter what the symbol is or if it's even religious. What matters is what it represents. This "Satan" idol represents evil and perversion/destruction of mankind and innocence.

The fact people worship this symbol, and how naive hipsters sit on a high horse to defend it (literally condoning their own demise and perversion of the soul), is what is so repulsive here. But let's be cool and throw up pure symbols of perversion and destruction everywhere. Missing babies/pets will skyrocket as blood sacrifices to gain "magical powers" from an idol takes hold in the masses of depressed and misguided hipster youths. Vandalizing and harassing will be considered cool, or fair game, due to "unfairness" etc.

You enjoy that neighborhood. Think I'll stick with the Christian one.

-Nonreligious guy
edit on 7/28/2015 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 05:36 AM
link   

I'm not religious, but do you realize it is a monument, an idol, giving praise to pure evil? To the destruction of mankind? That your soul is up for auction and defilement?

That's what the statue means to you, that doesn't mean the Satanists who made the statue see it the same way.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:29 AM
link   

So you lied, you ARE religious.
Last guy I knew who denied his faith was whats-his-name...Judas?

I have no interest in these guys and find them as ridiculous as EVERY other religion. But one thing I do protect is the constitution....don't you?

Signed ~ the naive hipster that wants you to be protected also to practice a religion even if I found your belief in supernatural mumbo jumbo as ridiculous the satanists.
edit on 28-7-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLegend

But let's be cool and throw up pure symbols of perversion and destruction everywhere. Missing babies/pets will skyrocket as blood sacrifices to gain "magical powers" from an idol takes hold in the masses of depressed and misguided hipster youths. Vandalizing and harassing will be considered cool, or fair game, due to "unfairness" etc.

You do understand that The Satanic Temple does not believe in God, Satan, Magic, Angels, Demons or anything of that ilk, don't you? I would assume that seeing as you are talking about the subject you have researched them.

The only people who would think of any of those things as real are the religious who believe in a Deity. Which they do not.

The only 'hipsters' who thought of the statue as a symbol of hate, evil and anything mystic would be Christians or those whose worldview was mostly molded by Christians. The closest to evil that TST get is mildly outraging the ignorant. Which is no crime, and hardly evil. Maybe a little naughty.

Drinking the blood and eating the flesh to gain favor is not a part of The Satanic Temple. A humanist eats for nourishment, and drinking blood makes you sick.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

You have no idea who they are I suggest studying them and stop bleating unnecessary nonsense.

posted on Jul, 28 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Oh and how many times do you need to tell us you a religious? You protest too much I think.
You are religious.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join