It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dunkin' CEO: $15 minimum wage is 'outrageous'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
CEO of Dunkin Donuts, a Man who makes $500 an hour, finds it outrageous that fast food workers should make $15 an hour.

This whiny creep who is extremely overpaid, like most all CEO's, their only skill is to be a Ruthless Bastard.

"It's going to affect small businesses and franchises," Travis said in an interview with CNN's Poppy Harlow. He said it would prevent his multi-billion dollar company from hiring new people.

Funny Starbucks wage hikes didn't hurt them a bit. It's once again sucking up to the bloated Investors who do nothing but shuffle their Money around, the Money Changers, the only people Jesus hated. I hate them too.

Listen to the Creep at CNN

+52 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I'm sorry but $15 bucks an hour for fast food workers IS outrageous.

The CEO might be overpaid but he probably went to university and busted his ass at school to at least deserve some of the money he's making.

If these people want to make $15 an hour then they should go to college and get a degree in something useful that's in demand or learn a trade that's in demand.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Cheap bastard, what more can I say.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Now if everyone was on minimum wages or part time work then no one could afford donuts and Mr CEO would be fired....look for this on a global scale soon the Wizard of Oz hasn't been concentrating on growth and consumer spending the Humpty Dumpty moment approaches when all this greed reaches critical morass.

+18 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Yeah . . . he may have busted his ass as you say but $479 per hour plus bonuses and perks . . . come on?! The problem with the world now is greed. I am not saying it hasn't always been but now we have an opportunity to start doing something about it. Tell me that if all these folks on top did not make such extreme profits on their products and services wouldn't the cost of living go down for everyone else. If everything was cheaper wouldn't it take less money (and therefore wages) to get by? I am also not saying that companies and people should not make a profit at all but only that they make a reasonable profit on non-luxury goods and services. If they would/could somehow cap these crazy profits and wages maybe we would not need to be talking about ever higher minimum wages because the cost for the average consumer would not break their banks and make them scrape by or use credit they cannot afford. Capitalism needs some caps far more than workers need wage increases because people cannot self-regulate their desire for more . . . more . . . more.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

The CEO might be overpaid but he probably went to university and busted his ass at school to at least deserve some of the money he's making.

If these people want to make $15 an hour then they should go to college and get a degree in something useful that's in demand or learn a trade that's in demand.

Doncha know that wages should never be predicated upon merit, skills, aptitude or drive. Prior to the last few years, CEO's salaries weren't in the same discussion as worker's wages, or used to justify a "living wage".

It seems like everyone gets a participation trophy these days.

+49 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This is the American way of corporate business.

Hire the lowest wage workers.
use the cheapest ingredients.
To produce barely edible food at the highest prices.

Take Benihana for example.

When it was a Japanese owned. They had chef's that worked there for years that were skilled hibachi chefs. They used quality food and ingredients.

Now the company is American owned and they fired all the old timers and hired new people for less.

The food doesn't taste as good as it used to. you can tell they use cheap oils and stuff.

sigh.

Anyway. you may find this funny.

“A Japanese company and a North American company decided to have a canoe race on the St. Lawrence River. Both teams practiced long and hard to reach their peak performance before the race.

On the big day, the Japanese won by a mile. The North Americans, very discouraged and depressed, decided to investigate the reason for the crushing defeat.

A management team made up of senior management was formed to investigate and recommend appropriate action. Their conclusion was the Japanese had 8 people rowing and 1 person steering, while the North American team had 8 people steering and 1 person rowing. So, North American management hired a consulting company and paid them a large amount of money for a second opinion.

They advised that too many people were steering the boat, while not enough people were rowing.

To prevent another loss to the Japanese, the rowing team’s management structure was totally reorganized to 4 steering supervisors, 3 area steering superintendents and 1 assistant superintendent steering manager. They also implemented a new performance system that would give the 1 person rowing the boat greater incentive to work harder.

It was called the"Rowing Team Quality First Program“, with meetings, dinners and free pens for the rower. There was discussion of getting new paddles, canoes and other equipment, extra vacation days for practices, and bonuses.

The next year the Japanese won by two miles. Humiliated, the North American management laid off the rower for poor performance, halted development of a new canoe, sold the paddles, and canceled all capital investments in new equipment. The money saved was distributed to the Senior Executives as bonuses and the next year’s racing team was outsourced to India."

+30 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I have been near the top. He may have a degree, but you can wipe your a$$ with that degree if you ask me.

The leaders of these companies don't get there because of their intellectual skills. They get to the top because they are willing to justify extraordinary income inequality, and push for even more inequality.

The shareholders hire sharks willing to devour the fish. We have to get that ROI, Return on Investment, SCREW the people who actually DO THE WORK.

Those at the top are not 50 times more important than the person at the bottom who DOES ALL THE WORK, which affords him the 500 per hour that he believes is justified.
edit on 24-7-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The problem is not the $15.00 per hour, the problem is inflation and the inability to keep oneself alive on $10.00 an hour. If the cost of living would stop increasing at such a hectic pace maybe average Joe and Jane might be able to make ends meet. Not everyone can get that degree and even that is not a guarantee to a good paying job for life.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Sounds about right. Lol

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

I was a Regional manager with GE all personnel decisions beyond branch manager level were made on a golf course and most decisions were political with little to do about performance,loyalty to the company etc,the high I got the bigger the level of sociopath I had to deal with.

link   
Its his business. Perhaps folks should learn a skill beyond making fried bread?

Or better yet...make the best damn fried bread anyone ever had...then you can name yor price. Bunch of lazy people today...and no im not a Republican. ..but I am reasonable.
eply to: ugmold

edit on 24-7-2015 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-7-2015 by BlueJacket because: (no reason given)

link   

15 may be ridiculous, but I am all for a living wage.

One that raises as inflation does.

And Dunkin Doughnuts does have a demand, people eat there all the time.

He doesn't get his pay by people not buying his product.

edit on thFri, 24 Jul 2015 18:09:32 -0500America/Chicago720153280 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

That guy wouldn't last a week behind the counter, those people bust there rear ends. We need every type of worker for a functioning society, not slaves, you think a millionaire is going to come fix your toilet? Your type can't even think realistically.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

I think inequality is the single biggest problem facing our country, and the world today. It leads to increased violence, prejudice, stress, wars, etc..

With that being said, this push for $15 min wage is going to turn into a disaster for the very people it is supposed to help.

If you don't think automation of most industries is the future, you haven't been paying attention. People will counter this argument saying that "they have been saying that for years, they need us". Well no they haven't, and no they don't. The truth is that technology has been increasing exponentially, and this will be the breaking point where fast food and other industries make the switch towards automation.

It all comes down to economics at that point, and automation will only become increasingly cheaper over human employees over the next decade.

Also, this alienates millions of workers in the US that currently have jobs with pay close to $15/hr, but have 10x the work and responsibility of the average fast food worker. There are thousands and thousands of nurses that have to wipe people's asses, genitals, clean up vomit, etc... that currently make around $15/hr.

Prices for products will increase, automation will take away jobs from those low skilled workers, and many will simply be replaced by more qualified candidates.

Everyone needs to get payed more, CEO's need to get payed less. However, this approach will only make things worse.

edit on 24-7-2015 by Danke because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

I was a Regional manager with GE all personnel decisions beyond branch manager level were made on a golf course and most decisions were political with little to do about performance,loyalty to the company etc,the high I got the bigger the level of sociopath I had to deal with.

Exactly, the story is the same in nearly every corporation. My last boss got promoted because he was willing, in my opinion, to ignore federal laws. Ignoring federal laws helped him achieve the numbers he needed to get recognized.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Oh bs. He got promoted because hes better than the rest.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
Oh bs. He got promoted because hes better than the rest.

Actually his IQ was much lower than the 12 people that worked for him. I had many conversations with him that were way over his ability to comprehend. Not kidding.

And the guy above him not much brighter, but a great speaker.
edit on 24-7-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I say we take all his money!

Maybe slap him around, mess up his hair, spill cherry kool-ade on his suit and really stain it! The kind of stain that doesn't even come out with dry-cleaning and he's stuck having to wear ANOTHER suit! Then rent some Redbox movies using his credit card and don't return them so he gets charged late fees!

WHO'S WITH ME!

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I say we take all his money!

Maybe slap him around, mess up his hair, spill cherry kool-ade on his suit and really stain it! The kind of stain that doesn't even come out with dry-cleaning and he's stuck having to wear ANOTHER suit! Then rent some Redbox movies using his credit card and don't return them so he gets charged late fees!

WHO'S WITH ME!

Im in, if we keep them 21 days we get to own them too.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join