It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drag Queens banned from Pride Parade in Scotland

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Reopened.

From this point forward ANY personal attacks will immediately result in a 48 hour minimum posting ban. This ends now.

Get on the topic and stay on the topic.

Do not reply to this post.
edit on 7/24/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Well, i'm Glad this is back open, we were having some good discussion in here before, hopefully we can continue with them, and answer any questions people may have, or anything people may want to know about

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

I had a couple of questions early on....
(if anyone answered them, sorry, I missed it)....

what is "pansexual", and what is "intersex"? Please?
edit on 7/24/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

The definition of Pansexual is not limited in sexual choice with regard to biological sex, gender, or gender identity.

While Bisexual is either Bi-gender (Man Woman) Pan would be an attraction to any Gender or Gender-Identity or Any Sexual Orientation, Cisgender Male Cisgender Female, Trans Male, Trans Female, Gay Straight Lesbian or Bisexual, or even those outside of the Gender-Binary

The Definition of Intersex

in humans and other animals, is a variation in sex characteristics including chromosomes, gonads, or genitals that do not allow an individual to be distinctly identified as male or female. Such variation may involve genital ambiguity, and combinations of chromosomal genotype and sexual phenotype other than XY-male and XX-female.[1][2]

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Thank you! So, I had correctly surmised the "intersex" thing.....but didn't know about 'pansexual'.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
As a gay man....(yes we do exist here on ATS) i find this ridiculous! in my opinion the whole LGBT thing has got to broad in its desire to be inclusive, and to be honest far too PC. Trans people have their own strong identity and the trans people I know don't need gay guys or lesbians deciding what may or may not offend them!

This will be the death knell of the Glasgow pride. Never alienate your core voters!

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

never mind.....I re-read your post.

THANK you!!!

edit on 7/24/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

While Bisexual is either Bi-gender (Man Woman)

Okay......

Pan would be an attraction to any Gender or Gender-Identity or Any Sexual Orientation, Cisgender Male Cisgender Female, Trans Male, Trans Female, Gay Straight Lesbian or Bisexual, or even those outside of the Gender-Binary

So, do "bisexual" people only feel attracted to cisgendered (first time I've used that word!) men and women?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: blackrabbit1

It wasn't gays or Lesbians deciding they would be offended, it was the trans and non binary caucus that decided to police it

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Well, if a Bisexual Male wanted a Relationship with a Male the other Male would have to be Gay or Bisexual, but if a Bisexual Male wanted to have a Relationship with a Woman than she would have to be Straight or Bisexual

Pansexual is a more "Inclusive" Term, and it's a discussion between Bisexual people and Pansexual people because Bisexual people don't claim to be limited, and Pansexual is a broader term to include all genders, Gender Identities and Sexual Orientations

If that makes sense

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Okay....not sure it makes sense yet....
but a Pansexual is willing with whoever; where a Bisexual requires another Bisexual?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
So, do "bisexual" people only feel attracted to cisgendered (first time I've used that word!) men and women?

Don't feel bad Buzzy, I think I used it the first time myself last week sometime?

Don't what the official answer to that question is but I've had some bisexual women be attracted to me, if that helps? Probably not, all this stuff is confusing as hell?

Hey! Let's ask Darth a bunch of questions!

What if anything do you have to say about the difference between sexual orientation and affectional prreference? Do you think there is one? I kind of do.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Kojiro, LOL ... "Pinky" ... you have no idea of how apropos that is. And not in some backhanded "sissy" way.

(I just thought, since I am a man who likes men ... does that make me a "cissy"??? Oh jeez.

Here's my thing, for the most part. Do what you do, and be who you are, love who you love and leave everyone else alone. If I don't get the entirety of "who you are" the first time we meet or talk, don't start screeching in my face using polysyllabic sociological terminology I've never heard of, just take a minute and calmly tell me where I "missed" the boat.

And, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, or any point on either spectrum of the two ... don't be a little beeoch right out of the gate.

I had enough issues learning to accept that I didn't appreciate women in a physical/romantic way. I really wanted to be bisexual, LOL. (Hey, it was the 80s) But, I wasn't, and I eventually accepted that. (Never had any problem with liking boys, honestly.)

I don't even mind when someone says "I would have never thought you were gay." Why would you think about it? Were you thinking of asking me out? LOL.

Annee, It's not just being "older" in our community that can make us a bit of pariah ... if you don't have a perfectly symetrical face, smooth skin, gym bod ... well, some guys won't even talk to you in "the culture." (I slowly found out those types weren't WORTH talking to, LOL) Besides, I used to get mistaken (late at night in lowered light after everyone had been drinking for hours) for Russell Crowe ... so don't cry for me Argentina ... I did "okay." LOL

I saw someone earlier complaining about "predatory" gay men. Well, I've seen that ... and I've also seen predatory "straight" men who would be glad to hang out, let you buy them things, etc. etc. as long as no one "found out."

I've seen predators of every type in every community; none of us have a "lock" on that kind of behavior.

(Glad the thread is back open)

edit on 16Fri, 24 Jul 2015 16:54:26 -050015p042015766 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I thought it had something to do with doing it in the kitchen ...

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: EKron

What if anything do you have to say about the difference between sexual orientation and affectional prreference? Do you think there is one? I kind of do.

Are you asking me, or Darth Prime?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I was asking Darth as our resident semi-expert on this stuff but your opinion or anyone's is welcome.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join