It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drag Queens banned from Pride Parade in Scotland

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: EKron

Okay, cool. In my case, I find most women (MOST women) to be difficult. And I'm attracted to males.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Another Bisexual wouldn't require another Bisexual, in it's Basic terms a Bisexual is attracted to Both Genders

So a Bisexual Male would be attracted to Men and Woman, and a Bisexual Woman would be attracted to Men and Woman

Pansexual is a Broader 'inclusive' term that doesn't limit itself to 'Two genders' as it would include other Gender-Identities

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I love Questions though!!

Affectional Preference doesn't always align with Sexual Orientation, Or Sexual Preference... since we were talking about Pansexuals, since Pansexuals would be attracted sexually to multiple Genders, their Romantic Orientation may be to just one Gender.

For Asexual people, it may be a better measure of attraction as they are not Sexual attracted to any Gender, but could romantically identify as Aromantic, Biromantic, Heteroromantic, Homoromantic or Panromantic

It's thinking that there is more than just Sexual Attraction and it may exist outside of Sexual Orientation

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=19611412]Darth_Prime
Aromantic, Biromantic, Heteroromantic, Homoromantic or Panromantic

Oh holy crap!

It's thinking that there is more than just Sexual Attraction and it may exist outside of Sexual Orientation

Do I have to pick one or is it a la carte? One from column A and one from column B? Damn, I hope there's not a test on this!

edit on Fri Jul 24th 2015 by EKron because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Jul 24th 2015 by EKron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Okuuur!

Lets see, i would be a Homosexual Homoromantic Genderfluid MAAB

the more we try and be inclusive with terms and categories, it seems the more we try to fit people into them and it becomes less "Free" if that makes sense...

On one hand Labels give us power, it's what we identify with and what we can say "I'm 'x'" and proud and i deserve Respect and Equal Rights Etc

On the other though, as Inclusive as people try and be.. it can become exclusive because you may only fit into a certain group slightly and than get rejected by said group
edit on 24-7-2015 by Darth_Prime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darth_Prime
the more we try and be inclusive with terms and categories, it seems the more we try to fit people into them and it becomes less "Free" if that makes sense...

On one hand Labels give us power, it's what we identify with and what we can say "I'm 'x'" and proud and i deserve Respect and Equal Rights Etc

On the other though, as Inclusive as people try and be.. it can become exclusive because you may only fit into a certain group slightly and than get rejected by said group

Absolutely agree! Other than my gender and sex which are all pretty happy with one another, I think I choose either none of the above or all of the above?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

So it makes you Aromantic, or Panromantic

See by not picking, or picking all of them.. you actually picked those two

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

What's that first one again? Does that mean I smell good?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

An Aromantic is a person who experiences little or no romantic attraction to others.... or yes someone with a Good scent

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
n/m
edit on 24-7-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Annee, It's not just being "older" in our community that can make us a bit of pariah ... if you don't have a perfectly symetrical face, smooth skin, gym bod ... well, some guys won't even talk to you in "the culture." (I slowly found out those types weren't WORTH talking to, LOL) Besides, I used to get mistaken (late at night in lowered light after everyone had been drinking for hours) for Russell Crowe ... so don't cry for me Argentina ... I did "okay." LOL

I agree.

I believe your world is more extreme, just wanted to point out the straight world is getting to be that way too. Or is it because I live in the SoCa beach area not far from Hollywood? Social competition here is fierce.

Russell Crowe? Totally my type - - except straight.

---------------------------------

Back to Drag Queens before I get my hand slapped.

Thank you Darth for explaining why/who wanted to ban certain type Drag Queens.

Seems kind of political.

edit on 24-7-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Oh! Okay thank you. Let's take that one out because it doesn't fit too well. I've had a few girl crushes so I guess biromantic would probably be closest? It all gets complicated real quick especially since I'm mostly asexual but that's more situational than orientational.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

okay..................

Okay.

So - any human, then.
Right?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Oh! Okay thank you. Let's take that one out because it doesn't fit too well. I've had a few girl crushes so I guess biromantic would probably be closest?

I have had some friendships with females in which I experienced a lot of affection, and even saw them as pretty......
but not one of them who tried to 'hook up' with me (there were a few) got anywhere. I just can't even imagine it.

I can think certain women are gorgeous and sexy, and really enjoy when I see them and look forward to it... but - as far as a sexually intimate relationship, no. Nope.

It all gets complicated real quick especially since I'm mostly asexual but that's more situational than orientational.

So am I! (Post-menopausal. Kind of kills the whole idea.)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Well, were the Girl Crushes a Romantic Attraction or a Sexual Attraction?

it does get complicated, i mean it's interesting to think outside of the Sexual, but i think it's better for Asexual people because if they don't feel a Sexual Attraction and just a Romantic one (unless they are Aromantic) they can define who they are Romantically attracted to

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Hey folks - am I being deliberately left out of the discussion here now????

I feel ignored. Rejected.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Right, i think many Woman are Gorgeous.. but i'm not in anyway Sexually attracted to them, or even Romantically Attracted to them.. but i can appreciate their Beauty

and this is where Romantic Attraction can get confusing because what would be Romantic Attraction and would that include "Friendships" i have friends that are Girls, but i'm not Romantically Attracted to them, we can do things that may be considered "Romantic" to a person on a date lets say but it's not because we are Friends and there is no Romantic Attraction. or Sexual Attraction

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

I just responded to you...

No one is ignored here, i'm trying to reply to everyone as fast as i can

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

well, yes and no.. because that wouldn't include Paraphilia like bestiality, pedophilia, and necrophilia,

Mostly a Sexual attraction that has no Sexual or Gender limit

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Ok. So, any adult.
That is: living, capable of giving consent, and available.

Think I got it. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join