It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare To Be Opened Up To Illegal Immigrants In California

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Looks like the possibility of "illegal" immigrants getting onto California Medicaid is real.

Legislators are trying to get a bill passed to allow "illegal" immigrants to "buy" an Obama.Care policy on the California exchange.

The issue is that somebody 18 or younger would be shoved onto Medicaid.

The central committee in Washington must give a "waiver" to allow this.

I bet California already knows the "waiver" will be granted !!

Obamacare To Be Opened Up To Illegal Immigrants In California

When President Obama was pushing Obamacare, he stated before a joint session of Congress in September 2009 that it would not be opened up to illegal immigrants.

Remember what happened next? Representative Joe Wilson yelled, “You lie!” and it caused quite a stir.

Here’s the clip:

Wilson may have violated the rules of decorum, but was he wrong? It has taken some time, but President Obama may owe Wilson an apology. From Forbes:

State Senator Richard Lara has already moved a bill through the California State Senate that would allow illegal immigrants to buy unsubsidized health insurance in the state’s Obamacare exchange. The state would have to receive a federal waiver from the Obama administration before implementing it.

The bill would also extend coverage to illegal residents under the age of 19 to enroll in California’s fully paid-for Medicaid program.

The Pew Research Center has estimated that there are 2.5 million illegal immigrants in California.

Some people might think this is good and will put less pressure on hospital "emergency" rooms.

Your points and counter-points please.

edit on Jul-22-2015 by xuenchen because: seahorses 33

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Without getting into the whole pro vs. anti illegal immigration discussion, the key of the bill by Sen. Lara is the ability to "buy unsubsidized health insurance in the State's Obamacare Exchange". If an IA is in the financial position to purchase non-subsidized insurance, and in effect have less of an impact on EMS, wouldn't that be a good thing?

I don't see BHO putting up a fight with the waivers, even at risk of fulfilling Wilson's allegation. I do have a problem with extended coverage to illegal minors in California's Medicade program.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

If it is unsubsidized what is the is the issue?

I did read that scenario about how some one could buy it then get an operation and then drop it but pretty sure that isn't how it works.

Pretty sure most plans have deductibles...

Oh didn't see the 19 and younger part.

I guess I don't fully agree with that part.

I do agree with people who need medical attention getting it tho.
edit on ndWed, 22 Jul 2015 13:01:00 -0500America/Chicago720150080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Here's an idea? Why do we need to brutalize these poor, undeserving people with our uncivilized health care system? Most of these people came from countries with much better, socialized, single payer systems. We get reminded of how much better those systems are to our own every day. Why don't we simply send these people home to enjoy their own health care paradises instead of brutally forcing them pay for our horrid system?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't California bankrupt enough already? Whqt stops the entire world from moving there for free healthcare now? Maybe when the whole thing slides into the Pacific, it'll be a blessing.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You really think it is the people coming from the nations with the health care you laid out that are coming over for said healthcare??

I get your 'irony' but let's be real about who we are talking about.

It isn't like canadians are hoping the border to come get some obamacare.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Probably because the whole world isn't under 19.

That is the big qualifier, anyone above has to get unsubsidized with this bill.

AKA not free.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Cool. Let them have access to whatever services they desire.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Touche I suppose. But what stops anyone under about 25 from immigrating and pretending to be 19 and taking advantage? Who is going to be able to prove how old a younger-looking undocumented is? You?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Sure I guess that is possible, I don't know how they would vet that and what the ID process of that would be.

My guess is they just don't take their word for it and they need to produce documents.

Which sure the follow up of that is they will just get fake documents.

Well sorry we can't stop ID theft, it is a kinda a huge deal everywhere from both citizens and illegal immigrants.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

This is the door for illegals to get into the Obamacrap bandwagon at the expenses of tax payers and into Medicaid.

Why? because most illegal immigrants are in the poverty level, they have not money to get an insurance of any kind and neither pay for deductibles and fees, let no forget the expensive medications

So don't get your emotions fool you, this is a free give away, at the end, because most illegals can not be tracked by the IRS as they use fake identification in the work force.

What the government think? that we are that stupid? to no see the true behind this bill?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

State Senator Richard Lara has already moved a bill through the California State Senate that would allow illegal immigrants to buy unsubsidized health insurance in the state’s Obamacare exchange.

It isn't free...

How hard is that part to comprehend?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

No is not free, but if you do not qualify for any insurance you are encouraged to get into Medicaid.

That is why Medicaid has to be expanded in every state, to cover for those that the government and insurance companies can not reap off, because they don't make enough, so much for the Obamacrap and the poor.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   

It isn't free...

How hard is that part to comprehend?

Don't ruin their good time. We have to let them enjoy la-la land once in a while.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

The only lala land here is those that do not see the crap that is been coking behind this California bill.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

the whole issue is a twisted joke...

Medicaid....in any State is 'subsidized' by the federal gov't, California included

the State itself will petition for reimbursement from a recipient's Estate to try to recoup monies paid on a persons behalf through their state Medicaid account during their last years alive.
most every state has not enough revenue to pay their States Medicaid payouts and require handouts-subsidies from the Treasury to assure this safety-net health care program

midnight border crashers should be billed as welfare cases, then deported back to country of origin, and bill the illegal aliens' homeland for the emergency funds spent to heal up that indigent, vagabond, or vagrant....youth or child

Obama & the shadow government that manipulates the puppet family, are not trying to out-do the loving-caring 'giving' of Mother Theresa or the Pope.... NO, that cadre of American Aristocracy are trying to intentionally HARM the American System of health care in this case by quietly increasing the Annual DEBT by degrees of magnitude !

edit on nd31143759269422182015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

So that stuff that we get to make up with no actual proof?

Ya, that is lala land.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

The only lala land here is those that do not see the crap that is been coking behind this California bill.

What is "coking" behind this bill? Please enlighten me.

Also, isn't it funny that we complain that illegals are a burden to the medical system and now that Obama wants to allow them the opportunity to purchase health insurance, lessening the burden of costs on the hospitals, we piss and moan?

Illegal immigrants are not going anywhere anytime soon. We might as well let them pay for their own health care.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

It is a joke, who in the hell illegal have enough to pay for an insurance, to begin with, be subsidized or not, this only give you the sense that is some crap coking behind the bill.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I will throw it back to you , show me who that is illegal will be able to buy an insurance.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join