It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare To Be Opened Up To Illegal Immigrants In California

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Urantia1111
a reply to: xuenchen

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't California bankrupt enough already? Whqt stops the entire world from moving there for free healthcare now? Maybe when the whole thing slides into the Pacific, it'll be a blessing.

Right there with you...

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: EverydayInVA

You do know there is more then just income tax right?

You think they don't buy anything?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Yes they pay sales taxes, but they also use the services.

With all the local governments broke ......

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

My eight year old pays sales tax when she buys gum too, when is she going to be above the law?

Can she get free health care? Nope = citizen
Can she commit crimes and be exempted multiple times? nope = citizen

Sales tax is a joke when placed into context with the drain illegals place on the American systems over all.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

In your post you mention two different insurances. Medicaid and Obamacare.

Medicare and Medicaid is federally funded.

Obamacare is not federally funded.

When you are old and retired from work, or special needs person (disabled from working), you fill out a bunch of paper work. Once approved, you then have Medicare and Medicad. If you did not know this, by using Medicaid to cover any bills Medicare did not cover..... Like Hospice care (that's where you are left to die), Medicaid will pay off the remaining, but you as the partner must pay back Medicaid, or they will put a lien on everything you owe.

This is the same insurance that welfare gives to people that are on welfare.

Illegals will not be able to apply since they don't have the proper government papers.

Obamacare is a public funded insurance that anyone can get as long as they pay for it. To off set the cost, the Feds have setup (a so called price break) based on your income, number of family member. the Feds and even the tax payers are not paying for anything on that "so called price break", it's just a number.
So if California wants to allow illegals to have Obamacare, the illegals then must pay for it.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Famouszor

Obama.Care is subsidized and tax credited based on your income (for exchange policies only).

People that apply for a policy on an exchange automatically get shuffled into Medicaid (provided their State gives medicaid to particular individuals) (California does).

Medicaid is partly federally funded and is getting reduced year by year.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Do you realize how much money immigrants send out of the country? Money that is not spent here? $120 BILLION last year. That is money they are sending to their home countries that they do not spend here, therefore pay no tax on it. If an immigrant works under the table, paying no tax on that wage and then sends a large portion of it to another country there's a lot of money slipping away. If they work under the table and claim little to no income, they then claim to live in poverty and collect benefits (Medicaid).

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
You know what I don't get? These vaccines are supposed to cause sterilization, or at least that's what I've heard and I'm sure you have too. And Obama care pays for vaccines. So shouldn't we want to give them Obama care so they can get the vaccines and become sterile.
edit on 22-7-2015 by chrisss because: punctuation.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

Do you realize how much money immigrants send out of the country? Money that is not spent here? $120 BILLION last year. That is money they are sending to their home countries that they do not spend here, therefore pay no tax on it. If an immigrant works under the table, paying no tax on that wage and then sends a large portion of it to another country there's a lot of money slipping away. If they work under the table and claim little to no income, they then claim to live in poverty and collect benefits (Medicaid).

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Having worked with illegals for many years, I can say that there wasn't a single one who didn't send money back to their home Country. Some come here to make money, get all the benefits they can and return back home. They never had a desire to stay and become legal.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   

This is the same insurance that welfare gives to people that are on welfare.

Illegals will not be able to apply since they don't have the proper government papers.

Through fraudulent documents, stolen identities, they CAN.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   

If it is unsubsidized what is the is the issue?

I did read that scenario about how some one could buy it then get an operation and then drop it but pretty sure that isn't how it works.

Pretty sure most plans have deductibles...

Oh didn't see the 19 and younger part.

I guess I don't fully agree with that part.

I do agree with people who need medical attention getting it tho.

I agree with you, remove the fully paid for portion and I am fine with this.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
If someone breaks into your house and expects food and medical treatment paid for by you, and they offer to pay the cable bill in return. . .

I'd still say, "Get the f### out of my house!"

Excellent analogy. Because a house = country.

There are no differences at ALL.

/s

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Who didn't see that coming?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

Innocently, most everyone who bought to line we were fed.

Cynically, no one, but they WANTED Obamacare, so they lied to get it anyhow.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: StoutBroux

Innocently, most everyone who bought to line we were fed.

Cynically, no one, but they WANTED Obamacare, so they lied to get it anyhow.

I never bought the line.

It was obvious where CA was heading. It's just a matter of time before other states kick in. Because we're just one big happy family. Right???? Is it only Hispanic immigrants or are Chinese, Italians and Russians eligible as well?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Anyone who can have their vote bought I assume.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Actually the statistics are skew a lot, do to the fact that only those that use fake IDs and those that use stolen identities to work are counted, the rest under the table labor is another topic, those do not pay taxes and neither the small business that employ them, because they do not have to report them.

Why I am so intense about this issue, Because my identity was stolen by an illegal, the man (I am a women) use my credit to obtain loans, defaulted and left me and my husband with the debt, it took me a year of weekly letters, the exposure of my own privacy to fix the mess the illegal did and get the money the IRS took from my husband taxes to pay for the loans, at the end I still feel that the criminals are the ones protected and the victims, while we the decent tax payers are make to look like the bad people

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

You are right and no you are no, this the thing, but Obama care is subsidized base on income, by the tax payer in the nation (Federal level) and by the tax payer at (state level).

ObamaCare Cost Assistance Subsidy Facts

There are three types of cost assistance: Premium Tax Credits to lower your premiums, Cost Sharing Reduction subsidies for lower out-of-pocket costs, and Medicaid and CHIP. Let’s take a quick look at some cost assistance subsidy facts before we get to the details.

• Cost assistance subsidies are only available through your state’s health insurance marketplace and are only available during open enrollment (unless you qualify for a special enrollment period) The exception is Medicaid and CHIP, which can be obtained at any time of year.

• Although subsidies are only offered on marketplace plans, many Health Insurance Brokers outside the marketplace can help you enroll in a marketplace plan.

• Subsidies are based on income. In most states, anyone making less than 400% of the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) can get some type of subsidy on Marketplace plans.

• The Federal Poverty Level adjusts for inflation each year allowing more and more Americans to qualify for more cost assistance.

obamacarefacts.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Yes, they do,

Migrants working in the United States sent a staggering $120 billion back to their families last year, it was revealed today.

The amount of money being sent by migrants across the entire world reached $530 billion last year, making it a larger economy than Iran or Argentina, the data from the World Bank showed.

This worldwide figure has tripled in the last ten years and is now three times bigger than the total aid budgets given by countries around the world. It has sparked debate whether this so-called remittance money could be a viable alternative to relying on help from other governments.

In the United States last year, more than $120 billion was sent by workers to families abroad - making it the largest sender of remittances in the world. More than $23 billion went to Mexico, $13.45 billion to China, $10.84 billion to India and $10 billion to the Philippines, among other recipients.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Once again more money getting out than getting in by illegals.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Most Illegal Immigrant Families Collect Welfare

APRIL 05, 2011

Surprise, surprise; Census Bureau data reveals that most U.S. families headed by illegal immigrants use taxpayer-funded welfare programs on behalf of their American-born anchor babies.Even before the recession, immigrant households with children used welfare programs at consistently higher rates than natives, according to the extensive census data collected and analyzed by a nonpartisanWashington D.C. group dedicated to researching legal and illegal immigration in the U.S. The results, published this month in a lengthy report, are hardly surprising.Basically, the majority of households across the country benefitting from publicly-funded welfare programs are headed by immigrants, both legal and illegal. States where immigrant households with children have the highest welfare use rates are Arizona (62%), Texas, California and New York with 61% each and Pennsylvania(59%).The study focused on eight major welfare programs that cost the government $517 billion the year they were examined. They include Supplemental Security Income (SSI) for the disabled, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), a nutritional program known as Women, Infants and Children (WIC), food stamps, free/reduced school lunch, public housing and health insurance for the poor (Medicaid).Food assistance and Medicaid are the programs most commonly used by illegal immigrants, mainly on behalf of their American-born children who get automatic citizenship. On the other hand, legal immigrant households take advantage of every available welfare program, according to the study, which attributes it to low education level and resulting low income.The highest rate of welfare recipients come from the Dominican Republic (82 %), Mexico and Guatemala (75%) and Ecuador (70%), according to the report, which says welfare use tends to be high for both new arrivals and established residents.

www.judicialwatch.org...

Read it and weep. We're the perfect country for illegals. Well, unless you're from China, wait, maybe not.

Illegal immigrants arriving from as far away as China pay up to $30,000 to be smuggled into the U.S. through Mexico, a Border Patrol agent has revealed, highlighting the fact that people from all over the world, not just Central America, are penetrating the southern border due to lackadaisical enforcement of immigration laws.
www.infowars.com...

edit on 23-7-2015 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join