It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 5 Phones With The Highest Radiation

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I wonder what happened with that guy who claimed he could make gold from beer bottles by putting them in the microwave?

O...sorry...For some reason this thread made me think of that.

I wonder if he could make gold from cell phone radiation.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Any of you non smoking technical experts know of a good brand of replacement battery that doesn't stink after you charge it?
Seems as though once these batteries get two years past the manufacture date they start frying their cathodes.

This question is directed towards those sensitive enough to notice these kinds of things.
edit on 23-7-2015 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

The HTC One is similar. My daughter broke the screen on hers, and there's only one shop in my city who would even touch it. You have to bend the metal case of the phone to extract the old screen and bend it back once the new one has been installed. Her phone has never been the same since. Various problems with the speakers, physical buttons sticking, etc.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Is that the same person who was claiming that you can make diamonds from microwaving peanut butter?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

You are referring to your phone battery?

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese
I take simple precautions of keeping it off my person and using speakerphone. Another thing I refuse to do and am absolutely certain was effecting me was the lappy on my thighs or stomach. I keep it off my person when typing now.

Good for you, the placebo effect is real and can have effects on people.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Very true. My wife swears by a certain topical ointment for sore muscles and joints. Mainly because so many others do, I believe, but she gets relief from it. Whereas another one with the same ingredients in virtually the same proportions does nothing but cause the hot/cold reaction on her skin that all menthol ointments do.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   

It's true. You know what else can help? Learning after putting a laptop on your thighs for a year, getting a painful testicle, the deciding to educate myself, and rid the problem.

Oh but, you know, that limit the government sets, it couldn't be for any reason or anything. I mean, they must just be placing it on there because of the placebo effect causing paranoid people to make so much fuss.

Give me a break, fool. I know what's good for my body and not. If you're not affected negatively, good for you.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

My oh my...

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   

It's true. You know what else can help? Learning after putting a laptop on your thighs for a year, getting a painful testicle, the deciding to educate myself, and rid the problem.

Oh but, you know, that limit the government sets, it couldn't be for any reason or anything. I mean, they must just be placing it on there because of the placebo effect causing paranoid people to make so much fuss.

Give me a break, fool. I know what's good for my body and not. If you're not affected negatively, good for you.

Why is putting a laptop on your groin area bad for you? The heat...thats it. Do you really need to be told not to put hot things on your lap for extended periods? And im the fool?

As for cellphones...there is zero evidence that they do any harm whatsoever. Its just non ionising radiation. Totally harmless. Sure, your ear might get a bit hot if you use your phone for an hour, but thats just like sticking it next to a loe emission lamp. Hot, but harmless. So, yes, putting it on speaker when you talk and saying that you feel better for it is the placebo effect.

And by the way, we are all bombarded by so many EM waves all day everyday, that not putting the phone next to your head is kind of pointless.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

With my laptop the problem isn't radiation at communications frequencies, it's infrared radiation otherwise known as "heat". It just gets so warm on my lap that it's uncomfortable and removing it makes me more comfortable, there's no placebo effect as the temperature can be measured.

They make trays you can put your laptop on, that keep it out of direct contact with your lap, some even have cooling fans to make sure the heat doesn't build up between the laptop and the part that contacts your lap.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

They make trays you can put your laptop on, that keep it out of direct contact with your lap, some even have cooling fans to make sure the heat doesn't build up between the laptop and the part that contacts your lap.

I make do with an old ring binder myself.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

That's a lie. When I get the time I will prove to you non ionizing radiation can cause cellular degeneration. Sick of the fools who keep saying this after the facts are presented time and time again.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

That's a lie. When I get the time I will prove to you non ionizing radiation can cause cellular degeneration. Sick of the fools who keep saying this after the facts are presented time and time again.

If you have proof, then present it. Expose the truth. What the hell are you doing sitting on that life changing info? How can you live with yourself? Keeping this from the world??

Dont you have kids or loved ones who are clearly being hurt by cellphones? How can you not do anything if you know the truth?

By the way, i dont mean present it to us, i mean present it to the media, to the world
edit on 23-7-2015 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2015 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

The IAEA sets exposure limits of 5000 mREM/year for healthy adults for ionizing radiation (for whole-body exposure, certain areas like head and gonads have lower specific limits, as do pregnant women). This limit is applicable for all fields dealing with potential exposure, from x-ray and nuclear medicine techs to astronauts to employees in nuclear power plants to the construction materials testing industry. This is considered the generally safe amount before damage to tissues begins to occur. Ionizing radiation is either particle radiation (neutron or alpha) or high-energy electromagnetic radiation (x-ray or gamma ray), or a combination of both.
The danger of ionizing radiation is either acute damage to tissues by ionization of atoms in the cell walls, mitochondria, and organelles which leads to cellular breakdown, or chronic damage to genetic materials which can mutations such as uncontrolled cellular growth (cancer).
EDIT: THIS IS NOT THE TYPE OF RADIATION YOUR CELLULAR PHONE EMITS, AND IS NOT THE TYPE OF RISK BEING DISCUSSED. I ONLY MENTION IT FOR INFORMATIONAL/COMPARATIVE PURPOSES.

Cellular phones operate in the Radio Frequency spectrum (RF).
RF electromagnetic radiation dosage is measured in SAR, either whole body or specific tissues. As with ionizing radiation, certain tissues are more sensitive than others to RF EMR. The FCC in the US sets the limit at 1.6W/kg over one gram of actual tissue. The EU limit is 2W/kg averaged over 10 grams of actual tissue. These limits are set for cellular phones and wifi/bluetooth/cellular enabled devices. This covers a frequency range of 100KHz to 10GHz. US cellular companies operate in a frequency range of 800KHz to 2100KHz generally with small portions of their devices operating as high as 2500KHz. Phones are capped at a broadcast power of 1.6W. WiFi radios operate at a range of 125mW-1W, generally in the 2.45GHz range.
A microwave oven operates at 2.45GHz as well, at a power output range of 400W-1200W. Just so you know.
The EMR in this range predominantly acts upon tissue via kinetic and torsional actions, exciting molecules and generating heat. The WHO classifies these particular frequencies as Group 3 (Possibly Carcinogenic), meaning the risk of cancer cannot be completely ruled out by the data,which is the lowest of the 3 risk levels. The others are Group 2 (Potentially Carcinogenic), meaning the data does show potential for cancer due to exposure, and Group 1 (Known to be Carcinogenic to Humans). Group 1 is in the range of UV and above. The eyes and testes are the most sensitive organs to RF heating due to the lower internal blood flow to assist in cooling. There is research that shows potential correlation between chronic microwave exposure above certain energies and cataract development in mice and rabbits, also.

I'm not posting this to dispute your practices or views, to be clear. I am just gathering the data here for you or anyone else who cares to read it if interested.
edit on 23-7-2015 by pfishy because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2015 by pfishy because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2015 by pfishy because: Arbitrageur has a good point.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: pfishy
Nobody's talking about ioizing radiation here so your post would be better and more succinct and relevant if you left out the part in the beginning about ionizing radiation.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I was just passing along radiation information in general. It seemed useful to include the explanation of how it effects tissues compared to how RF does.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

But I added an edit for clarification

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy

But I added an edit for clarification
That's an improvement and I see you now started a new paragraph to separate the non-ionizing radiation discussion from the ionizing radiation. There is quite a difference in the risk levels between ionizing radiation and non-ionizing radiation.

posted on Jul, 23 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Certainly is. I'm rather familiar with the risks and industry safe practices for the ionizing variety. I hadto look up the majority of the frequency and power ranges for the other, though.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join