It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat Earth Believers, I would like to hear your ideas.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: iDope

this is not directed at you - i am just yusing your post to ` springboard ` my opinion on the issue of :

" a domed earth "

why is this alledged " dome "a nessecary contruct ????

further if it does exist - please explain the origins of meteorites and how the get to earth " through " the dome

lastly - how does your dome delusion falsifie the pioneer , voyager , viking , marinner , cassini etc etc et space probes ?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: iDope
The moon and sun are alays at an equal distance from eachother, which explains why you can see a full moon in broad daylight. If the Earth was a globe it would be impossible to see the Moon full in broad daylight.

So now you're denying eclipses too?

And still the globular Earth theory has yet to be proven in any way that I can check for my self therefore it is not science and not replicatable.

Just because you may be too ignorant to recognize it, does not make it untrue, and it has, in fact, been verified by countless thousands of people over the past 2,000 years.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Well according to flat earth theory the sun is much closer to earth and much smaller than reported by space agencies. Both the sun and moon are about the same size and rotate above the Earth in a spiral motion.

OK (speechless). Please provide your belief surrounding the solar system. You know, the other planets that orbit our sun. Did NASA make them up? I could whip out my telescope and find them, in their exact place in orbit, where they should be at this time, orbiting the sun.

The moon and sun are alays at an equal distance from eachother, which explains why you can see a full moon in broad daylight.

The moon rises and sets on its own schedule, regardless of sunset and sunrise. You need to research 'moon phases'.

There is only one pole and that is North, the South pole is just the opposite of the Noth yet it doesn't exist, only the North does. Science has proven the "poles" shift and differ over years so how can you trust a compass? Because it always points North!

There is a south pole, both magnetic and geographical. If there wasn't a magnetic south pole your trusty compass wouldn't point north. Do you know how a compass works?

What's beneath the Earth? I don't know and noone knows for sure whats beneath a globe Earth. Just recently they discovered crystald water beneath the Earth after a volcanoe erupted, which indicates there is water below our percieved surface.

You're wrong, people know exactly what's beneath a globe earth... Space.

Not one scientist has been to the center of the Earth so noone knows what lies below a few hundred miles, it is all theory. And still the globular Earth theory has yet to be proven in any way that I can check for my self therefore it is not science and not replicatable.

A few hundred miles? We haven't drilled 8 miles into the earth yet. Do you know why? Heat. Do you know why it's so hot? I'll tell you - heat left over from the formation of the planet, nuclear fission and gravitational pressure by tidal forces and the rotation of the earth. The core of the earth is actually hotter than the surface of the sun. Interesting huh?
edit on 24/7/15 by angryhulk because: (no reason given)

edit on 24/7/15 by angryhulk because: (no reason given)

edit on 24/7/15 by angryhulk because: grammar

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Ok, if science has to rely on things that YOU, specifically can test and verify then almost nothing is actually science. Not arguing against anything else you said, mind you, but science doesn't require that any specific individual can replicate the results, but they can indeed by tested and verified.Proton beam therapy works in cancer treatment. not all the time, but it works. The science behind it has been developed, then tested over and over again. But would you argue that it isn't science because you personally don't have the ability to build a particle accelerator?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
I thought this was the intention of this post and I think everyone should play the devil's advocate with himself.
After all this is skunk works isn't it? So why instead of being totally rational (and sometimes exceeding in regligious faith in mainstream science) don't you try to come up with a tentative creative model?

You need to refute things coming out of your direct possible experience, treat the subject as if it was science fiction if you are uncomfortable with it, and not assume that flat-earth automatically means biblical zealotry.
It may be an excercise in futility, but it's a mind-game. In fact it would also be an excercise in futility to disprove the flat-earth, don't you think so?

So given this premise, is there anyone who is able to create a fantasy model where you can have the sun and the moon behaving like we observe while assuming the earth as a plane? And if not, how close you can get and what couldn't be explained anyway? Eclipses? Seasons?
And, no, you can't use the bible or you deserve the comments.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Mastronaut

Okay. I will share a way out idea that has come to mind when entertaining the convex earth theory.

What if what we are seeing when we look out at the other spheres in the heavens, is what they see when they look at us. What if what we see is their outside.

I read somewhere a short while back that almost all the planets have a hexagon type shape at one of it's ends. What if we are just all different experimental aquarium projects floating around in a massive controlled vacum or void.

Of course it seems massive to us ants.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

what makes you think that this " exercise " has not been flogged with more vigour than any dead horse by people previously ?

the flat earth claim has legiouns of observations that directly falsify it

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
One thing I'm interested to know is if Earth is the only flat, or domed, planet in the solar system.

Here is a timelapse of Jupiter with 3 moons made by an amateur astronomer from /r/astrophotography/ on reddit:

It took all night to capture, and to me it seems pretty sphere-like. Is Earth the only planet that is flat?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

what makes you think that this " exercise " has not been flogged with more vigour than any dead horse by people previously ?

the flat earth claim has legiouns of observations that directly falsify it

I guess there isn't a single flat earth theory, and I know many falsifications. The ones I would be interested of are those unfalsifiable, which aren't scientific ofc, but don't have obvious mistakes which are easily dismissed. Creativity has no limits, and I would be interested in looking at something which is absurd in our mind, but hard to disprove.

Also I don't want to assume this vigour a priori and I'm not often in the religion forum so I'm not aware of creative posts in there. Care to provide me some links that have theories with the characteristics I mentioned if you remember some?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

This is new as well as old news about the movie industry but it seems a bit crazier then we may have thought so all things are up for grab now .

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

It seems that not all forms of science can be falsified .Theory is something that can go either way t seems . Pharma drugs can be shown to work but so to can a placebo . The curve of the ball earth can be easily tested and falsified .No expensive proton guns or space ships required .Weather it turns out to be flat or concave is up for debate but that vid on the test that was done seems convincing to me . Talk about having your world turned outside in . The data points are very strong in that experiment so it will be interesting to see if they can be replicated .

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Space agencies have a much larger budget than any Hollywood flick, so why are space agencies footage considered real when they likley invented the technology to stage such fakes?

Then why would NASA stage fakes when they can do it for real?

So I guess all the space agencies on Earth are in on this conspiracy also, because they would have to be for the flat earth to actually be true.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

you cite space agencies budgets :

well thats ^ where the budget went

nothing left for hollywierd crap

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Found this vid showing that the earth does not rotate but the sun is doing all the motion .

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Don't tell me you believe it...

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

you cite space agencies budgets :

well thats ^ where the budget went

nothing left for hollywierd crap

And you have seen expense reports to back it up NASA EXPENSES I am sure in order to make the claim that all money goes to rockets? Well I just looked at the budget for 2016 and they are asking for 18.6 billion dollars, which is up from 18 billion in 2015 and 17.6 billion in 2014. In fact only about a billion goes to rockets according to their own numbers, so you are very wrong, even according to NASA.

Prove to me that all their money goes to rockets. Look at that amass of money and what you could do with juist 1 billion a year in the field of camera tricks and hollywood filmography. Obviously you are stuck in your MSM ideals and don't want to consider anything that you feel uncomfortable with. Plus, are you ok with all these billions spent on rockets and sattelites when there are people without homes, if so, you hate people and would rather watch people die while seeing paintings of space that you believe are real. Proove to me that all you see from NASA is real and I will disprove everything you propose. Because there is nothing to back up any claims from NASA unless evidence comes from NASA.
edit on 24-7-2015 by iDope because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-7-2015 by iDope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

Believe what ?

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aarsvin
One thing I'm interested to know is if Earth is the only flat, or domed, planet in the solar system.

Here is a timelapse of Jupiter with 3 moons made by an amateur astronomer from /r/astrophotography/ on reddit:

It took all night to capture, and to me it seems pretty sphere-like. Is Earth the only planet that is flat?

Looks like a CGI to me. How does an amateur astronomer have the capability of seeing Jupiter so close up? It is a rendering of percieved movement.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

Space agencies have a much larger budget than any Hollywood flick, so why are space agencies footage considered real when they likley invented the technology to stage such fakes?

Then why would NASA stage fakes when they can do it for real?

So I guess all the space agencies on Earth are in on this conspiracy also, because they would have to be for the flat earth to actually be true.

They stage fakes in order for us to think that is a globe Earth, and no they can't do it for real. Until I see exactly how a person went through the Van Allen radiation belt without any protective layering, and are still living today radiation/cancer free, then it didn't happen. There is no explaination by NASA on how they went through such strong radiation with only something as flisy as alluminum in their suits, they just say they did, without explaination.

Not one part of a spaceship has lead in it, and if you know anything about radiation, lead is a major natural impedement to it, yet it was too heavy to send into space, so they used alluminum for insulation of their suits and it does not block radioactivity. So if they actually passed through the radiation belts, the entire space craft would cook like a microwave oven, and that is science backing my claims up.

posted on Jul, 24 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Why don't you or anyone you know go prove that the Earth spins at over 1000mph, since we are told it does and is fact, try it, think how ridiculous that sounds, but still, prove the Earth spins. Shoot a bullet up in the sky on a calm day and track where it lands, does it make sense? Oh the wind might push it a bit, but it's not going to land hundreds of miles away. But you might say, the atmosphere spins with the Earth at the same rate, well what creates winds? There can be a hundred mph wind going against the spin of the 1000mph spinning Earth, so if that is true, then the Earth is an enclosed system, a dome. Even if the dome is a globe, it is still domed.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join