It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat Earth Believers, I would like to hear your ideas.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: iDope
a reply to: Cogidubnus

Where have you seen the curvarture with your own eyes? I have ridden in planes as well as many other people on this planet and they are the highest point you can get to on our standard and I have never seen curvature of the Earth, ever. There is no video you can find or produce without a fisheye lense (e,g, GoPro camera) that shows the curvature of the Earth. If anything at all it is shaped like a contact and you cannot prove it. Noone is allowed to go to Antarctica unless it is through a governent and they chaparone you the entire time. Think about that. Noone is allowed to go there with out the government,and no one country owns Antarctica, yet is is rich in minerals and fossil fuel. In our day of age that is ludicrous, undeniable false.

Try looking at flight patterns across the world and you will see how much the globe really doesn't correlate. Find me one person that flies only through the so-called Southern Hemisphere from continent to continent. Prove the world is a globe through math or observation, not from what you have been told.

You Are 100% correct. I guess it was just an illusion. Honestly who knows! That's awesome! Thank you for correcting me!

posted on Sep, 22 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Cogidubnus

You give in too easily to someone who clearly doesn't know how to use google and is hoping you don't either.

Search for 'Trips to Antarctica' - it isn't difficult to get there, just expensive, and no you don't have to have anyone from a government with you. Find one single piece of proof that says you will have a government stooge shadowing your every move.

It is also easy to travel solely through the southern hemisphere from continent to continent. The only thing that makes this less simple than the northern hemisphere is because the vast bulk of the world landmass is in the north. You can even find on youtube videos of people that have flown from one southern continent to another via Antarctica.

It is massively ironic that iDope demands you prove the world is a globe through maths and observation, because that is exactly what has been done for centuries - it's flat Earthers who studiously avoid any complicated science for their 'proof'.

posted on Dec, 19 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy
a reply to: Mastronaut

My interest isn't in believing it or disbelieving it, personally. I am just asking why other people believe it.

This is gonna be fun.

A simple observation at first, lets think about the nature of perspective. I myself was interested in seeing if a boat, or any object which is moving away from one self, actually disappears due to curvature.

Simple binoculars or a cheap telescope, a beach preferably, and some time is all one needs for this experiment. A simple Google search will lead you to a curvature calculator, so just pick an object or an island, place your self at your own hight while observing an object leaving your perspective, once gone use your telescope or binoculars to spot the object which is now ''over'' the horizon, and you will be surprised as i was that curvature is actually been impossible for me to detect thus far.

Flat Earth model brings up good questions, i enjoy it, because it ties in a lot of other conspiracies together, it makes certain aspects of life and laws of nature simple, no complex equations, makes this land and humanity a lot more important that just some speck of dust in a vacuum going no where, makes this land our home, not an accident.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: NNN87

a simple question for you [ yes it is a trick ]

1 - what is the distance from the " flat earth " to the sun

2 - what is the distance from the " flat earth " to the moon

3 - what is the distance from london [ UK ] to los angeles [ USA ]

when we have your answers - we shall proceed

ETA :

also - do you accept the premise that the moon is a solid spheroid - answer :

A - yes - the moon is a solid spheroid

B - no - i need basic science beating into me

appologies for the update - i pressed post in haste
edit on 20-12-2016 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1
No you wouldnt see a small boat, if you where standing at the water surface, its about viewers height above the surface which determine the distance to the horizon.
Here is a good video, with link to calculations, in the description www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Questions:

How large of a Bubble Level would it take to prove Earth is flat? From experience, I've gotten many 'Flat' readings.
How does Oxygen work? Or rather, what keeps it where we can breath it? Do we also have a 'flat atmosphere'?
If you nailed a string to the ground and kept tension, and then tried to walk 'around the earth', what would happen? Would the string be able to keep height at every distance?
edit on 20-12-2016 by imjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Then whatever you watched didnt cross the horizon, very simple, here is a good video, with link to calculations in the description www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: harry7

Everything you see in that video can be explained by a combination of the perspective horizon and possible atmospheric refraction.

You simply can't see the surface (or anything above it, below a certain angle) beyond the convergence point where the surface and the air meet in your vision.
edit on 12/20/2016 by FlatBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

First two questions can be answered with an experiment, the results are that the moon and sun are relatively the same distance from the surface, i haven't done it yet my self but a simple google search will bring many results dating back to Egypt and so forth, it's how they used to measure the curvature and circumference of the ''planet''. But, same mathematical equations apply to a flat surface.

I do not understand what distances between continents has to do with the shape of the land were living on, there are more maps theb i can name so which one are you referring to? I myself enjoy the equidistant projection.

Also lets keep in mind, that one cannot take the globe model, and apply it to the flat model. If its flat then there is no vacuum, no gravity, no edge since no vacuum, no space as we are told of it, one must unlearn the globe model first.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: harry47
Then whatever you watched didnt cross the horizon, very simple, here is a good video, with link to calculations in the description www.youtube.com...

If what ever never goes over the horizon, which it should assuming were on a globe, and i cannot not see it with my own eyes, then all i have to go on is pictures and videos? No thanks, i love life, i trust that. A simple google search will provide you with a very neat curvature calculator, from then on you can go out and try and find the curvature your self, remember one needs binoculars or a telescope.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: harry47

So here are the "hidden height" values based on the data given in that vid.

Eye level - distance - hidden

1.5 m - 25 km - 27.7 m

1.5 m - 28.4 km - 37.7 m

1.5 m - 34.7 km - 60.5 m

1.5 m - 40.3 km - 85.2 m

1.5 m - 45.1 km - 109.7 m

16 m - 47.9 km - 71 m

I used Metabunk's curvature calculator and these are the values with standard refraction taken into account. Now tell me this adds up with what we see in that vid.

Why does it appear to be more obscured in the last shot when it should be less obscured than it was in the previous two shots.

And why does the growing amount of obscured building not match the hidden height value which grows exponentially?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

please - just answer the questions - they are quite simple - and i want to use your values - so there can be no back peddling

PS - the distance bettween the 2 cities is just a reference value - for use in a calculation

so - the numbers are ?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Are you asking for an estimate? There is no way to know the distance, so why don't you just pick a number you feel gets thrown around and do your debunk. I am interested in what you think you can show.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

please - just answer the questions - they are quite simple - and i want to use your values - so there can be no back peddling

PS - the distance bettween the 2 cities is just a reference value - for use in a calculation

so - the numbers are ?

You are a genius! That as an amazing experiment, all we would need is someone in that region, somewhere close to me like Toronto, pick the right time when both continents are in ''sunlight'' lets just say, both persons must be at same elevation above sea lvl, same size stick or polls. Your right, measure the shadows, distance apart and voila. Nice, thank you

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

so - the numbers are ?

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: FlatBastard

no - i am asking for science - or at least the parody of it that encompasses flat earth claims

i want YOUR numbers - and not estimates

your claims that the distances are unknowable is simply evasive twaddle

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

So enlighten me how to, in theory, calculate these distances, and make sure to mention which variables have to be known in order to do so.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   

i want the " flat earth " version - come on - dont be coy

if you really had a coherent model - then such calculations would be elementary

edit to add :

there is a very simple reason i need YOUR numbers - not mine - and thats because if you look at a globe - and comere it to the farce that is passed off as a " true " flat earth map " - then its quickly evident that the distances between 2 ponits are different in each case

so - i need the flat earthers " versions " - as its your delusion .
edit on 20-12-2016 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

You made the claim that these distances can be calculated. I asked you to explain to me how. You respond with non relevant drivel.

Why not school me on how to do this instead of the usual evasive drivel while appealing to science.

posted on Dec, 20 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

i want the " flat earth " version - come on - dont be coy

if you really had a coherent model - then such calculations would be elementary

edit to add :

there is a very simple reason i need YOUR numbers - not mine - and thats because if you look at a globe - and comere it to the farce that is passed off as a " true " flat earth map " - then its quickly evident that the distances between 2 ponits are different in each case

so - i need the flat earthers " versions " - as its your delusion .

As is stated previously, what map are you referring to? I my self really enjoy the equidistant projection, and as i stated already i haven't even thought of doing that experiment you just gave me the idea, you know how long its gonna take, i don't know anyone in the UK or let alone anyone south of me for north and south calculations but its a great idea, only observations i have made are with eyes and binoculars, soon a laser just waiting for the lakes to freeze, should be fun.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join