It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flat Earth Believers, I would like to hear your ideas.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I see one part of that FE theory that gets circulated a lot, is that boats don't disappear from the horizon bottom to top? Well they do and many videos and seamen confirm this.

TBH I think this theory has come about of late to discredit Planet X and the fact that Earth is likely hollow..

You can see how the flat Earth concept adds confusion amongst critical thinkers.

a reply to: the2ofusr1

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

haha, well aren't ya glad i set you straight on that one.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

why - in your first vid - can we not see the base of the buildings ????????????

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Good question and I don't know why .I am not sure about many things except that there is no curve which is a absolute for a ball earth .no curve no ball .it's that simple and a simple experiment for simple people to see for themselves .

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

I would imagine that waves and swells may factor into distance over water that is why a calm body of water like a lake with a distance of 5/6 miles with calculated curve will show if it's so .

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Sorry, perspective is not what we're dealing with. Geometry is. Grade school geometry.

If the source point of the angel to the sun measures 30 degrees, no mater how far you move that source point, the angel of 30 degrees will remain the same as long as the source point remains on a flat plane.

So, in fact, if a person in New York city sees the sun 30 degrees from the horizon, if the Earth were actually flat, then another person, at the exact same time, would also see the sun at 30 degrees from the horizon.

This, as any one with a phone can test, is not true.

Instead when they look at the sun at the exact same time, for the person in San Diego, the sun will appear higher in the sky with a greater angle from the horizon than the person in New York is seeing.

This is because the source point of the angle is NOT laying on a flat plane. It's laying on a curve.

Specifically, the curve of the Earth.

It's geometry. It doesn't lie.

Unlike a YouTube video on the internet. Care to actually do the math?

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TerminalVelocity

So how much curve is in 5/6 miles ? Lets look for the curve and see if it's there . Or 10/20 or 30 miles . If it's there then we should be able to see it .The greater the distance the more it can be seen and measured .

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

The Earth has a circumference of 24,901.46

That means 1 degree is just over 69 miles.

1 degree is 3600 arc seconds. Which means 1 mile will be 52 arc seconds. And that means 5/6 of a mile would be only about 43.3 arc seconds.

Hope you got some super sensitive equipment to measure it.

Now: do what I said.......find someone over a thousand miles away, and have them look at the sun at the same time as you and ask them how far up the horizon it is, then compare it to what you see. Distance will not change the angle, only a curve will.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: 321Go

oh FFS - how many people actually fly from sydney to santiago each ear ????

further - i will repeatt the question you ignored - do you agregee with or reject the opinion of the youtube idiot when he claims :

" non stop flights from johannasberg > perth , do not exist " ???????????????

and further - on your " dlat earth map " - how does the johannasberg > perth flight make it in 11 hours

lastly - volvo ocean race - you ignore that too

one wonders why

oh - and what is " international flight law " - citation required

I think we're arguing for the same side...

But that aside, 'international flight law' refers to many individual international safety and regulatory laws and guidelines, plus countless more national laws and guidelines, plus individual airline codes and practices, all of which have recommendations and specifications for flying over water on extended operations. None of them account for a flat Earth.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

My 5/6 is 5 or 6 miles not 5/6th's of a mile . 10 miles would be ? 20 miles would be ? 30 miles would be ? make it in inches or feet and not arc seconds as we are wanting to see how high a object will appear above the curve and not how long it will take the sun to get there or to walk there . Lets try and keep it as simple as possible .

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Now: do what I said.......find someone over a thousand miles away, and have them look at the sun at the same time as you and ask them how far up the horizon it is, then compare it to what you see. Distance will not change the angle, only a curve will.

Better yet look down a street with street lights and notice the angle of the last light you see and then have a friend stand half way to the end light and ask him is his angle is the same as yours . They will vary but they will still be the same height but look lower because of the distance which moves closer to the horison because of the vanishing point we see .

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I'm sorry?

To measure a curve you have to use arc seconds, arc minutes or degrees if you desire to measure it's distance.

I've just given you the circumference of the Earth at it's equator. I've show you how 1 degree equals 69 miles. That means that 1 mile is 52 arc seconds.

If you want to know how much of a curve is in 5 miles, or 6 or 10 or 20 or 30 for the curve of the Earth, then simply multiply that number by 52, and that will tell you how many arc seconds the curve of that distance has.

This is geometry. You want to measure the curve? Fine....you have to do it in degrees or arcs, and I've just given you the numbers for that.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

But you're not looking at a light down the street.

You're looking at the sun at 93 million miles away.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

We can actually measure a light pole but we have to calculate the suns distance .Not the same thing . One I can prove with a measuring tape and the other I have to trust is correct . Now getting back to your arc seconds and computations can you give it to me in feet ? I stand on a ball .I stand upright . Someone 1/4 the distance on the same ball is at a 90% angle to me while someone on the other side of the ball is upside down compared to me . The degree of angles vary over the distance but the level plane that I am standing at will always be higher to the person standing at distance to me .and like wise me to him . The level plane does not change and will always be level to the plane on which it sets . The curve will always fall away from my plane and can be known using your simple geometry . So 5 miles is ? 10 mile is ? 20 and 30 miles will always be lower on the horizon from my place . Give me those measurements and I will show you that they are just not true .

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
This has to be a joke, surely. Measuring the curve of the Earth looking down a street? Using FEET and INCHES for the arc? That's crazy talk. Even on a very large picture covering many miles of horizon the difference between the top of the curve and the edge of your picture will be millimetres. It depend how big and at what scale your picture is. I don't think you have any concept of how large our planet is compared to your eye...

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: 321Go

I used the street analogy only as a perspective as to how something at distant can have a different angle but still be a measured distance . If you got the numbers for the ball earth curve over distance then put them up and we can get on with our observations using feet and inches .

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Here is a science guy that makes some very good points and finds that he is torn about what to believe .

What exactly is a science guy?

I don't consider him a idiot

Why?

See the curvature of the Earth...hard to dispute video from a certain space station.

As they too have science guys aboard it.

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

something seems to look strange when looking into the Plane's

Then you may want to quit watching those who seem to fail at the most ridiculous theory known to man...Flat Earth.

Here you go a couple of videos for you...

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Those don't look real to me .Looks like something NASA would put out and something you can see in a Hollywood movie if you prefer .Lets bring it down to earth where we live and we have measuring tapes we can check to see if the earth is curved instead of being told it is . real prof .real place .with real pictures .in real time .

posted on Jul, 22 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Then do the math and show us.

I already gave you the numbers. If you attended school up to at least 6th grade, you should be able to do the math.

There are 69 miles in 1 arc second.

There are 5280 feet in a a mile, and 12 inches in a foot.

If you want to know what the arc length of a curve is here on Earth for any given amount of miles, you have the numbers. You just have to do the math....which in this case is nothing more than knowing how to multiply and divide.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join