It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Deep Web" The Internet Of Freedom

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

I don't really have any reason to go into the deep web.
I get in enough trouble right here on ATS.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I don't need anything they have on Deep Web either. I haven't been there though so can't say for sure.
What I'm interested in is hacking. I can't help but feel there is always an internet signal to grab out there when you have none, if one knew how to access it. I hate being without internet.

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Voyager1
I don't need anything they have on Deep Web either. I haven't been there though so can't say for sure.
What I'm interested in is hacking. I can't help but feel there is always an internet signal to grab out there when you have none, if one knew how to access it. I hate being without internet.

Hacking wifi signals has gotten a lot tougher in recent years, I suppose a breakthrough may have been made but when I was into doing that there was no efficient method to break WPA2 encryption which is what is enabled by default on all routers made in the past few years. I used to break into wifi signals for fun, it was also useful when traveling before wifi in hotel rooms became standard. But, assuming things haven't changed WEP takes minutes, WPA takes hours, WPA2 takes days to weeks.

The deep web has a pretty good hacking forum, I used to read it but then I lost interest in the whole practice because I never really had any intent to follow through with anything I was learning.

It's not free but if you want an internet signal anywhere, your best bet these days is to tether to a smartphone.

posted on Sep, 29 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Thanks for the reply man. Surely there is something better than Smart Phone tethering? Uncle Sam's not gonna share it with everyone though is he? I figure the Gov is at least 50 years ahead of everyone elses handed down tech.

Problem with cell Phones are there are dead area's yet your GPS works all over those areas without fail.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join