It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Give Zero Effs

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Yeah, you pretty much nailed it here.

I'm not saying be ruthless and cruel... I'm talking about not letting little things hold you back from your dreams.

Please people--don't leave your wife, your kids, your families. But definitely leave your job if it makes you miserable. And definitely go out seeking adventure whilst you're still able.

You've got me reconsidering my stance on RFactor, btw--so good fortune to you, too!

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Beautiful!

The only reason I got to where I am is because I too gave "zero effs". No FEAR in pursuing my interest. I do things just because it brings me joy. Whether I ended up dead broke or not was arbitrary to me.

Many people do not actually believe they can have whatever they desire from life. They seek security instead of freedom. They would rather budget instead seeking ways to explore their passions in their life. They seem content living and dying without ever seeing the world with their own eyes.

Keep involving yourself in your passions, my friend. Most people would rather blow 80 000$ of university tuition ( a debt to be repaid) during the prime of their lives instead of travelling the globe where the real education is. The former end up daily commuters wondering how the heck did the latter achieve so much freedom in their life and have fun on the way up to boot.

Here is how:

"Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary." - Cecil Beaton

All that became possible because I resolved to stop letting little things stand in my way. If I truly want something, I simply do it--and let the details sort themselves out.

This is how I live life as well.

If I truly want something, I keep my eye on the prize. I believe. And because I believe; the details always sort themselves out.

One does need to consider the means; one only needs to define the end. The rest will sort itself out through the magick of synchronicity.

Follow your bliss and manifest a life that will afford you much freedom later in life. If one chooses to get married and have kids later in life they will have no worries and no fears of taking risk because the abundance will already be there. It is the ones who "played it safe" earlier in their lives that will appreciate much of what you stated in the OP, yet they cannot act on it due to their hands being bound due to the risk/fear factor (more to lose) in present times.

How often in life do we let little excuses hold us back from our dreams? How frequently do we let minor obstacles stand in the way of our true desires? Had I listened to my friend--had I held back because we didn't know German or hadn't raced before, none of that would've been possible.

Unfortunately, most people need to hit complete rock bottom before they become aware they always had wings to fly. Until then, they will come up with many reasons why they "cannot afford to follow their bliss".

Btw, my day ended on that hairpin turn on Nürburgring track. But is was fun participating and that is all that counts...

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

Awesome post, thanks for contributing.

And yeah, no shame in crashing on the NBR... it gets everyone sooner or later. On that day alone I saw a Ferrari 430 wrecked, an Alfa 8c, and a bunch of other exotic metal surrounded by wardens with yellow flags.

Back on subject I think what allows me to take a "give zero effs" approach is the fact that I believe I'll have other lives, and I believe my performance in this existence will determine what kind of lives I get in the future.

So really, I'm not just proving it to myself. I'm showing the universe that I can dominate my reality by taking care of and using this body to the fullest... so hopefully I get better and better bodies going forward.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

Cool story. S

Can't help but wonder if the Mayan 2012 hype never happened, thus eliminating the end of the world stuff, would you still have done all of those things?

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

You're welcome.

If your beliefs concerning the metaphysical aspects of creation is what is inspiring you to pursue and experience your bliss in this life to the point of bringing you much contentment in the here and now, then please continue.

I personally break life down into two parts no matter what the details are:

A) It feels comfortable.

B) It feels uncomfortable.

I try to lean more towards and A and less towards B. This is my own personal compass and it only has two points and one observer.

So really, I'm not just proving it to myself. I'm showing the universe that I can dominate my reality by taking care of and using this body to the fullest... so hopefully I get better and better bodies going forward.

So, this is an insurance policy tactic? Whatever happened to giving "Zero Effs"?

I still respect your life philosophy despite the contradiction of motives.

edit on 16-7-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: WASTYT

Great question, wish I had a good answer.

Without that catalyst looming in back of my mind, I probably would've gotten around to racing at some point. But who knows when?

Whether 2012 was a turning point for the global awakening of humanity, I made it a turning point for the awakening of me. So I'm super grateful it all happened. Gogo Mayans, go!

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Involutionist

So, this is an insurance policy tactic? Whatever happened to giving "Zero Effs"?

I still respect your life philosophy despite the contradiction of motives.

Interesting point, that.

I wouldn't call it an insurance tactic, but I'm vastly interested in maximizing my utility. If my policy of reaching for the stars through heroic action bleeds over into metaphysical reward, I certainly won't be unhappy.

If on the other hand it benefits nothing except me in this life, I'm also not complaining.

So it's more of a win-win philosophic approach IMO.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Whether 2012 was a turning point for the global awakening of humanity, I made it a turning point for the awakening of me.

Which, I think, may have been the whole of point of that Mayan stuff anyway.

See self fulfilling prophecies can be good for us.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I agree, it is a win-win approach to life.

I wouldn't call it an insurance tactic

+

I believe my performance in this existence will determine what kind of lives I get in the future.

If my policy of reaching for the stars through heroic action bleeds over into metaphysical reward, I certainly won't be unhappy.

if what takes place here (heroic actions of participating in your passions) has no bearing on any future incarnations: would you still be motivated?

Btw, this world is the metaphysical world. Whenever we inject the unseen into our life philosophy, we are being metaphysical.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

I'd still be super-motivated, yes.

Within ethical and moral constraints, I want eke the most potential out of my life.

I enjoy greatly pushing an (admittedly below-average) body unto the limits of physical and mental performance.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

I believe after re-reading your OP that you would still indeed be super-motivated.

I made a resolution.

I was going to Germany. I was going to race the Nurburgring for real.

I planned on bringing my friend, but immediately met swift mental opposition.

"But we don't speak German," he protested. "But we've never driven racecars."

To me none of that mattered. I had an objective in mind. I had a goal to obtain.

I gave zero effs.

So I bought a book called Speed Secrets. I bought a Logitech G27 Racing Wheel.

And then I started practicing.

RSRNurburg offers a number of different packages, but the cheapest rear-wheel drive option they had at the time was the Lotus Exige 240s. So that's the car I picked--then every week my friend and I would train by racing it on the Nurburgring on GT5.

The deductible on the car was 30,000 euros. If I wrecked it, that's what I'd owe.

I gave zero effs.

Eventually my friend got onboard with the plan, and in September of 2012 we took a dream vacation to Germany and raced in the Gran Turismo Events track day here

I didn't crash. He didn't crash.

We had the time of our lives. We saw Sabine Schmitz, we ate at the Pistenklause, we stayed at the four-star Lindner Hotel.

For two days we ate and drank like kings while we spent them at the track. I got to drive that winding ~14 mile course through the Eifle Mountains, went flat out down Dottinger-Hohe, and got to race under open pit lane rules (we could run lap after lap without needing to pit).

I had one of the best times of my life.

And all that was possible because I gave zero effs.

This is real life education right here. In the real world, we have experiences simply to understand the consequences of our actions. These consequences can be weighed in many ways such as emotional, mental and physical aspects. This may sound cliche; we find what we deeply desire in places (beyond excuses and reasoning) we are most afraid to look.

In school, we are expected to produce an answer based on the lessons we are given. In the real world, we receive the lesson after we experience the answer....

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Wow...can't say this is what I was expecting. Was expecting more of a negative rant of some sort. Great post. I have found myself, as I get older, living by that logic a little bit more from time to time. Between my wife and I, I am conservative and choose to live more cautiously. If it weren't for my wife "giving zero effs" we would probably still be in the same place. We are in the process of building our first (hopefully only) dream home. I'm always looking at things from a financial stand point.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Also, curious if your experience with Turismo on the PS helped with real life driving of the car and track.

posted on Jul, 16 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
Also, curious if your experience with Turismo on the PS helped with real life driving of the car and track.

First, congrats on the dream home!! That's a huge life goal!

And honestly, I couldn't have done it nearly as well without training first on Gran Turismo. Said this in an earlier post, I think, but the braking points, the full-throttle marks, and the track layout itself is pretty much spot on between real life and the game.

We each had one ridealong lap with an instructor as prep for the experience, and from the time I got in the driver's seat until the time I pitted for the last time, I felt totally comfortable on the track having already done hundreds of "laps" virtually.

My instructor for the day, a racing driver for ferrari, actually remarked on it during my first lap. I didn't take it cautiously at all, and ran what I'd consider to be about an 8/10ths lap (8 out of 10 risk-wise). Around the third sector when I was flat-out around blind corners he remarked, "You've played a LOT of gran turismo." We both got a good laugh out of it.

Also FWIW, RSRNurburg has GT5 set up in their upper office, and they use it to teach people the course (and let people play while they're waiting for whatever). So the pros use it too.

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Conscious links detected ... ... ...
Response generation from 1 AboveTopSecret.com Member Ophiuchus 13

1 has observed there is capacity to manifest or draw on the fabrics of reality.
It does make sense then that we have a FATHER who ARTS in HEAVEN

2012 was a year that happened yes
perhaps was destined to either way
manifest...

The process of sleeping & awakening things forgot
"WE" remember
as the Conscious LIGHT* grows into flame
that once were embers...

FTL ASTRAL TRAVEL the Spirit & mind of speed
mind over matter movements off of thought
have learned this is real even if some cant believe
what is taught

Zero effs maybe should be more
perhaps in Deep, FAITH bases
a faith associated with Eternal intelligence and data
of malevolent or benevolent ETERNAL METAPHYSICAL PLACES

Perhaps experience some have had can increase their Reality MATRIX
functions
after calculating Quantum Physics that this current perceived place is largely made of nothing?

Realizing where you are can take much time due to sleep
in consciousness
where what you thought you NU to be real is just a small
percentage or even a peek

And so the awakening it may be ruff ride at first for some at times
as you begin to realize many things hidden from your mind

Things hidden that can then interact with your Spirit & 3D life
where you think this is in the physical all BUT SENSE THAT'S NOT RIGHT...

These things may be more spiritual or metaphysical and malevolent in nature
but still Creations of from the SOURCE of us ALL* or THE CREATOR

Who have potentially hidden true Existence
so those who could be are no longer witness

Leaving many trapped in a awoken illusion
that is somewhat compared to a sleep
as the potentials and abilities are suppressed
so cannot many see

FAITH comes in here for support from Higher intelligence is requested
to help GUIDE the ETERNAL SOUL in this temporary body upon the world
of which its manifested...

Project that of what you wish to attract back upon
LEARNED
from The Phases of Life and Death WITHIN EXISTENCE
Encourages benevolence behavior & activities for 1
Thy many Observers & witnesses

Conscious links detected responses generated
1 STILL LOVES YOU ALL*

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Step aside Tony Robbins.

That is motivating and your effort is a thousandfold better then my accomplishment-a lap of Leguna Seca under 1:30 in Forza 4 after ten beers.

People tell me I should do stand up, but I have bad anxiety and maybe if I give zero effs and have a little dutch courage I could make it happen-But I'd need to work on my material.

"So a cow, a sheep and a rooster walk into a barn..." yep, I definitely need to work on my material.

edit on 17-7-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

People tell me I should do stand up, but I have bad anxiety and maybe if I give zero effs and have a little dutch courage I could make it happen-But I'd need to work on my material.

"So a cow, a sheep and a rooster walk into a barn..." yep, I definitely need to work on my material.

Weird coincidence... I was just talking about this with one of my lifting buddies yesterday. He doesn't want to climb mountains or race cars, but he desperately wants to do an open-mic.

I say go for it. Even if you bomb onstage you'll still have a great experience.

Life is won by those who live, after all.

Edit: I'd love to read a thread about your first experience doing stand up. Get out there and make it happen, then come back and report!

edit on 17-7-2015 by Trachel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
So did you lift at Foxhole ???

My first visit, I had a car with semi-slicks on it, but first visit to the ring I wasn't planning on balling up the expensive prepped rental, so yea, I lifted.

On my subsequent visits the cars have just had all-seasons on them and inspire little confidence.

Last time out there I got really ballsy in our S-line A6 and just barely feathered it because the car was so understeery. Big softy wagon was massive fun though just chucking it over the curbs on the first 10 turns and the downhill section after hohe-acht.

A friend in 2013 ended up understeering out of foxhole and tagged the exit curb right where it starts, exploding the wheel at around 135mph, eating 50meters of armco/guardrail, and then bouncing across and finishing off the Scirocco on the other sides armco. All in, I think he owed about 40,000euro between car damage and the track repairs and closure losses

Anyway, congrats on ticking off some bucket list items and keep kickin ass!!

Edit: Also thought I would add, I had done probably thousands of laps in GT before actually visiting the 'Ring, and it was a huge help, but what totally blew me away was the ELEVATION. No game can replicate how amazing the elevation feels the first time!!

Hatzenbach, Flugplatz, Fuchsrowhe, ex-Muhle, Bergwerk, and the Wipperman/Brunnchen/Pflanzgarten complex are just incredible. Yea I love that place! I'll be out there again in three weeks with a couple FormulaD pro drivers having some fun laps.

edit on 18-7-2015 by 8675309jenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: 8675309jenny
So did you lift at Foxhole ???

Hahaha, can I say yes to you?

I had a slight lift on last kink before the compression, yeah. But my cajones grew progressively bigger as the day went on--one more lap and I would've been confident taking it flat.

Unfortunately, when the time came for that last lap (30 minutes before our track day event ended), the car didn't have enough fuel for another stint through the Eifle. So I left that one on the table.

Good luck with your upcoming trip to the ring! Hope the weather is clear!

posted on Jul, 19 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
In the words of Shia Labeouf, "JUST DO IT!" haha!
edit on 19 7 2015 by qiwi676 because: spelling of a name

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join