It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magic should be a forum

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
What say you of magic, dew glistening in moonlight and spiderwebs shimmering as the sleeper stirs and stretches its wings?
youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: starswift

I say "Fantasy and Science Fiction"...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

It already is a form. It's a form of illusion and slight of hand.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Not enough people know of or care to become magi, sorry to say

edit on 12-7-2015 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I'm Game sounds better than the "pets" forum. Don't get me wrong about pets, we all have them and that's the problem. Just too many dumb, cutsie stories about them that people feel the need to share. And again the downfall and dumbing down of ATS!

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
When I saw your forum title this song by the great Buffy Sainte-Marie popped into my mind. Just a line of it though, the repeating line, but I haven't heard it in years and will listen after I post it.

Edit: Ok, gave it a listen. I've had some attention on Buffy Sainte-Marie since yesterday, and almost opened an appreciative thread about her but didn't. Listening to this, and remembering how much I used to love her music (saw her in concert several times, hung around her dressing room once, with a group not alone), and realizing how much I appreciated her music then, have to say that she is probably one of the most underrated singer/songwriters of the '60s and '70s. Saw that she just released a new album in May, haven't heard any of her stuff recorded after the late '70s, and from the Wikipedia page on her I read she took long breaks between albums. She communicates very well.

As for the magic forum, I'll watch what happens. Interesting idea, first time caller.
edit on 12-7-2015 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I say we already have a Fantasy & Science Fiction forum, and on the outside chance that this isn't a joke, we also have a Religion, Faith, & Theology forum.
edit on 7/12/2015 by admirethedistance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I don't believe that members would be able to handle that. Plus the influx of people would really seriously affect the whole reason of having said forum.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
It's covered in numerous places on the site. Would mostly say in "Philosophy and Metaphysics". As well as this forum and "Religion, Faith And Theology", some in "Conspiracies in Religions" and to ""Secret Societies"(some included in the topics) and the "Gray Area".

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
We should also have a cheese forum. That way people can post all the delicious cheeses they ate in there life's and talk about them. Also when any new cheeses are introduced we can talk and speculate about them. Or how about cheese conspiracies.

I know there aren't any. But I am sure with a bit of effort I can come up with at least 5 or so. How about this? Swiss cheese used in covert program by the Swiss and American government to inundate whole populations with new chemical virus strain? Would totally work and be believable right? Nobody suspects the cheese, its what I would do if I wanted to chemically inundate the whole world. Its like a totally fool prof plan.

But ya! Magic forum. Don't know about that, its hard to categorize Magic. Would that not be considered under slight of hand and illusions. Well we got a forum for that, its called US politics Madness. And if you think about it, any categorization you would have on magic would fit under one of the current forums already in existence.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
But if magic existed, you would use it to create said forum. Since there is no magic forum, I must conclude magic does not exist.

Thank you and good night.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

There is an argument to be made that the disappearence of holes from Swiss cheese, is in fact part of an elaborate plot to replace the holes with triangles.

www.cnet.com...

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
If we're throwing out ideas like magic forums and cheese forums, then I've got an even better idea to propose: ATS hookah lounge. And a log ride. But not together.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Midnight4444
The world of cheese will never be the same. Swiss cheese without the holes is like donuts without a hole in the middle, then its not a donut its a danish or something. So to when the holes go, then Swiss Cheese will no longer be Swiss Cheese, probably be just regular ol cheese, that or another form of bland American Cheese.

Likely this is a plot by American cheese making companies to confuse the public on just what constitutes Swiss cheese so they can mix in there inferior hole less products and there by capitalize on the popularity of the Swiss cheese without the cheesy goodness.

As everybody knows its the holes in Swiss Cheese that makes Swiss Cheese what it is, and it also gives it its favor. What don't believe me? Shows what all of you lacking in cheese knowledge know. A little bit of microbial particles and fungal never did hurt anybody and added to the cheesy goodness and flavor. But hay! What with this new process, powdered or otherwise Hay is for horses, not for any true cheese connoisseur, may make great horse feed but little else.

I say no thanks to this new breed of mutant cheese.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I would think either the religion forum,
or the paranormal forum would be best places for discussions on magical practice,
or however a person wants to label it.

As a religion like Wicca though it would be a religious discussion.

In other words, there are already forums for this subject.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: admirethedistance
I may have to look up that book one day. Sounds interesting, they have movie as well I just checked Google, but its from 1986 and the animation looks cheesy as hell way to kidish for me.

The book however looks cool, reminds me of the Rewall series only less mice with swords, and more mice with cheese, used to love those Redwall books when I was a kid.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   

I've never had a problem posting my witchcraft and pagan topics in the religious forum. If you are more of a secular type of practitioner, the metaphysics forum suits it well.

I can understand wanting it to be its own subforum but that would be like Christians wanting a forum separate from the religious one. It would just be a bit redundant to most people who aren't into it.
edit on 13-7-2015 by Cuervo because: plurals plurals plurals

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
It might work seeing that majik is simply science that is currently not understood.

Maybe ATS can give it a weeks trial to see how many ideas there are out there and how many of those ideas make sense.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   
can we just cut to the chase and have " un-evidenced and un-cited delusions " ????

it covers so much of what goes on at ATS nowasdays

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join