It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Sickness maybe happening around the Southeast US

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: EA006

It has happened in central Texas. About a month ago my GF's grandson was sick with a bad sinus infection. His face was so sore the doctor couldn't touch it. Antibiotics took care of it, but he lost three days school. I believe my GF and then I had it too, but it only amounted to a runny nose requiring a handkerchief close at hand.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
It's called the flu. It's normal, and spreads this way.

Not some nefarious Government made virus, or strange sickness.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I had this illness.
my boss and 1 year old also contracted it.
the sickness amounted to about 2 weeks of congestion which I'm sure was a sinus infection with about 3 days in the middle which were pretty bad with mild fever. None of us went to the doctor or received antibiotics.
I assumed it had to do with the abnormally dry conditions and poor air quality.
I'm in western Washington btw.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I'm handling it with nasal irrigation and oil of oregano.

You're on ATS and are still using stuff like Oil of Oregano ?

You DO know that natropathic medicine has been completely deregulated since the mid 1980s?

Your Oil of Oregano may not necessarily contain Oregano, and any medicinal claims of anything you get in the Health Food store can be completely made up without any scientific research of any kind.

And it's a $14 billion a year industry, that has been completely, absolutely unregulated for over 30 years.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Swine Flu?
I think I had it once
and got it again a year later,
terrible bronchial problems.
Never formally diagnosed.
a reply to: Shdak

edit on 11-7-2015 by starswift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Have this now. Eyes feel like they are going to explode out of my head, ears ringing, horrible headache/pressure, sensitive upper teeth, face hurts, SUPER fatigued...but no stuffy nose.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
When it went through our area I didn't get it because I had a flu shot. It must have been a virus covered in that shot that didn't work for the winter flu

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I live in Alabama, and I've been coughing and I have a running/stuffy nose and it was kind of rough in the beginning because I'm asthmatic. I'm pretty sure I just have a summer cold. Every time the weather changes, I get sick. I'm always sick with a cold it seems. No one else that I know is sick with anything.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Dr's dispensing antibiotics like Pez. The human immune system is perfectly capable of identifying and eliminating the infection be it viral, bacterial or fungal. Sure it takes a little more time , but it's worth it.
I doubt any DRs bothered to make sure the infections were bacterial. They dole out antiboitics to all asking for them.

The epidemic is group-think and a correctable case of poor nutrition.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack
You don't always have a stuffy nose with a sinus infection. I found that out the hard way. Get yourself some antibiotics and get to feeling better.

a reply to: Rocketgirl
In Hunstsvile now. I have been sick with the "cold" myself. Groggy, coughing, stuffy/running nose, and weird body aches. Mostly just really really tired though. Passed around to the whole family.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Yup. Same here.

Had it since May on and off. Was diagnosed with bronchitis, pneumonia, and/or allergies. Took some anti-biotics and it got rid of the green flem. Still plenty of clear flem though.

I have never been ill/feeling-off for this long. Not the end of the world but I just want it to go away.

Those "doctors" on here claiming this is a "common" cold, p*** off. Try it on yourself for a month or so and let me know if you feel the same.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
DP
edit on PM1636PMRCDT2015 by ABNARTY because: DP

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 09:57 PM
link   
The whole house had it at some point in June. Chest congestion, sinus congestion, fleeting minor temperatures, nose faucet, sneezing, itchy eyes, deadened senses of taste & smell, etc. Everyone survived the Summer Cold Apocalypse here, got over it within 2 weeks or less depending on the person. Took a while longer for me, but 3 weeks or so later? Totally fine. It dragged on longer for me, but it was nothing some aspirin & time couldn't cure for me. All of us, really. A pain reliever, expectorant (that proved useless) and time, and we're fine.

What gets me is so many people don't remember summer colds/flus growing up. Talk about selective memory. Dudes, it's ruined many kids' day trip or amusement park plans for decades (including mine! Boo-hiss to sitting in the RV at Cedar Point & NOT going in the park the whole trip)
Various strains have circulated since who knows when, to the bane of every kid expecting no hitches during summer vacation, and to the misery of the adults who have to go to work through it.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

Is regulation supposed to be a good thing? Ha...wow yeah right.

MJ is also unregulated. I agree some homeopathic medicines are complete bull# but plenty are legitamate. Even if the science bought off by Pharm companies says otherwise. If it is natural it must be useless says them.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Cigarette smoker and didn't catch anything.)
Rest of the family did though a month or more back.
Same symptoms; head and chest cold, sinus infection.
Nasty stuff.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   

This happened to my husband and I in early June, he was sick for about 10 days and I was sick for about 20 days. Neither of us have been sick since we moved into our current house about 5 years ago.

I will say that it rained every day for THIRTY DAYS the previous month. We blamed the illness, which was much like you describe in the OP, on the insane amount of rain.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Its the navy
its coming out of Norfolk
I got really sick a few years back when i was hanging with one of the administrators of old dominion university in her condo at Norfolk beach, and have never been the same since

It came from the Navy, They're up to no good there

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Crazy, I've been dealing with some sort of respiratory thing going on about a week now. My brother had it, so did a neighbor... been coughing a lot and it's pretty annoying. Definitely felt like some sinus crap, I don't usually get like this.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   

I had a sinus infection off and on for about 6 months until about 6 weeks ago. I have some immune issues, so i do get sick easier and take longer to recover but even so...

I sometimes wonder if some of these diseases are seeded on purpose, either as some sort of government experimentation or as part of a bioterror defense program...kind of like airborn vaccines.

posted on Jul, 12 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

That thought has crossed my mind in past years... hum, glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks like that.
edit on 7/12/2015 by Shdak because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join