It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Sickness maybe happening around the Southeast US

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I'm not one who normally gets sick, but after a co-worker was out a couple of days and then returned still showing symptoms I was concerned for some odd reason... at first I thought he just had a summer time cold; then without warning I came down with the same symptoms he had been showing... I missed three days working and went to the Doctor's office ASAP... I was told I had a severe sinus infection, was given some powerful antibiotic and sent on my way... it has taken nearly two weeks to feel normal again, and still not at 100% yet.

I had some time off during the 4th of July and decided to travel home for the week to see my wife, family and friends (550 mile trip), I work out-of-state.... anyway, I got home and found out my wife had gotten sick. She said there was a co-worker who was coughing and stuff and she thought that's why she was getting sick. I told her she needed to see a Doctor also, she did... hum, same diagnoses as I had "sinus infection". She was given "strong"" antibiotics also.

I returned to work after my vacation and discovered my boss had came down with the same symptoms... now I'm questioning; what is going on ? I have never heard of sinus infections being passed from one person to another and see it happen in two separate states. Is this just a coincidence? My gut feeling tells me the CDC is not telling us something...either that or I've been reading too many ATS stories, lol

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Shdak

Be interesting to see how many others chime in on this thread with similar symptoms.

Worth keeping an eye on.

Snf

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
HI shdak, Sorry to hear you and the fam (and so many others) have been under the weather.

We live in the rust belt, and much the same is going on here. (Although, ours seems to be viral to start. Not everyone progresses to true bacterial sinus infection. I would say, just based on conversations with friends and colleagues, about half the cases do).

Will keep watching the replies roll in. Great topic, SnF.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
What antibiotics?

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
In Georgia. Came down with what I thought was a summer cold or bronchitis. Been battling this for almost 3 weeks.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Just sayin'

FYI song starts at 1:00
edit on 11-7-2015 by bananashooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I think you have been reading ATS too much,
but it is something worth keeping an eye on

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
My wife has a sinus infection as we speak, any other symptoms other than the infection, stomach problems?

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   
While sinus infections in and of themselves aren't typically contagious, I've always been told the viruses and bacteria that cause them very well can be.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I went to the doctor yesterday and was diagnosed as having an infection. Taking antibiotics and steroids for inflammation.

My symptoms had started at least a week ago maybe around the 1st of July. Was thinking..meh..ill just let my body do its thang. Nope. Progressively got worse, so much so that I was waking up in the middle of the night sweating and coughing up phlegm. I lost my voice so decided it was time to fix an appointment.

After one day of meds I feel much better, although only sleeping for four hours and occasional coughing, the symptoms have mostly subsided.

If any aliens pop out of me ill let you guys know. Or will I?

Its probably just something going around, you'll know if its a pandemic. North Houston is where I'm located, haven't noticed anyone else ill except my gf and family [my bad]. Pretty sure it might be contagious, its good to cover your mouth when you cough.

Ohh and the week before these symptoms, I felt like I had a cold but it went away within two days...kinda weird.

edit on 11-7-2015 by Inarismessenger because: p.s.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
In the South (east and west) there is a summertime spike in URI's because of people tending to spend a lot of time together indoors in the AC.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Had a coworker out with a "sinus infection" a week later, she actually got tested properly and it was strep. Unless they culture something, the difference between sinus infection and something contagious viral or bacterial is just an educated guess, but docs still hand out antibiotic prescriptions like candy in spite of the warnings of overuse.

Anyway, I doubt it is anything new or exotic.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Oregon here. I'd had a sinus infection for a month with a collapsed eardrum. I do not take antibiotics because of serious reactions but I'm handling it with nasal irrigation and oil of oregano.

Doc said it was caused from allergies. Pollen counts are supposedly at record counts this year.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
In the South (east and west) there is a summertime spike in URI's because of people tending to spend a lot of time together indoors in the AC.

I agree with what you're saying. Just recently was cleaning the house the day my symptoms hit and was thinking it was probably due to particulates and dirty filters. Stupid me should have known to take precautions after feeling uneasy. Plus everyone cooped up with each other helps pass it along.

I forgot to add to my other edit what meds I have, if anyone was interested. Ciprofloxacin HCL 500mg (antibiotic) and prednisone 10mg (steroid).
edit on 11-7-2015 by Inarismessenger because: expired

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Something similar was going around my office too. I didn't catch it, but I had a coworker who did. She said she just felt "off" and had a nagging cough that would not go away.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Amox/clv for one... wife has another combination, don't know what others are taking... the paper that describes side effects talks about why this drug is given is due to resistance nature of some bacteria's...etc

The Amoxicillin I know about, the other addive... not so much, but then again it's been years since I've had to take anything like that... I may just be behind on the newer medications being given today???

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I'm a bit confused about the "strange" part. You had what was likely a common cold that led to a sinus infection that required treatment with antibiotics, if I understand correctly.

Summer Colds are so common the term "Summer Colds" is in common use. Some are more contagious than others, but are a common occurrence this time of year.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Had common cold before, the strange part is how quick this stuff takes you down in just a matter of an 1 or 2 hours.

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I had this due to what the above person said, the AC in some places had to be about 50°. It took a simple lost voice and turned it into a horrible cough. I treated it at home with raw honey and lots of tea. Also, I didn't get fully better until my schedule allowed me to avoid places that were too cold.

ETA: When I say cold, I mean I was wearing winter clothes in the library and had to change into summer clothes to drive home. Its not just one place, this is a pet peeve of mine dressing weather appropriate and then the places I need to run errands at are uncomfortable.
edit on 11-7-2015 by Iamthatbish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

We all have the same thing here.

The pressure was so bad the roots of my upper teeth were throbbing. Still have it after 2 weeks.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join