It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Strange Sickness maybe happening around the Southeast US

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 09:26 AM
Although I wouldn't jump to a conspiracy theory on this because viruses spread, I too had very similar symptoms. Mine was a virus that I recovered from before it turned in to a bacterial infection. Others, however, that I work with had developed sinus infections (a.k.a. Bacterial infection). So I will be interested to see others reply to this.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:40 PM
a reply to: Shdak

Arghhh...still getting over this cold...presumably....cough, sinus congestion and now a sinus infection....I do suffer from those occasionally so I'm not quite sure if there is a connection...also extremely tired during the sickness...just thinks it's the dreaded summer cold that always lingers...

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 12:55 PM
I live in GA and quite a few friends recently had ear infections, as well as my wife and one of my kids. Really odd for adults to get them from what I understand.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 03:03 PM
a reply to: Vasa Croe

It might be related to mold- conditions got really optimal for mold growth I think back when we had the several days of rain. About 2 weeks ago? I think it was- mold was such a problem - just a really rapid bloom of it, that I had to clean off the fridge on my back porch. One day it was fine, it was rainy, the next day I saw the mold. It kept raining, and it kept reappearing. I also saw some on my patio set.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 03:30 PM
if you live in the gulf coast states or by the warm waters of the southeast, there are deadly bacteria that can infect your body through a small cut, or a break in your not eat raw oysters, and try to reframe from eating any sea food that comes from the gulf....the contaminants that are present in that seafood are being kept quiet, for the obvious economic reasons. to be on the safe side, all chicken and pork that you eat should be cooked well done, and beef should be as well. don't get me wrong, there is nothing I like better than a 2" thick medium-rare steak, but know where the beef comes from....a local rancher is the best bet
edit on 13-7-2015 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 03:33 PM
Northern California, my sons friend died 2 weeks ago from a flu/strep throat (in his 40s). His son had infantigo, (mouth rash). my grandson also came down with the infantigo and my son was extremely sick with flu/strep. I dont know if is connected to the infantigo or not, but I think people should be aware there is a deadly strep outbreak.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 04:19 PM
a reply to: misskat1
I'm sorry for your loss. It is possible the strep caused the death of your son's friend. I know strep has caused inflammation of my heart valve in the past, because I have a common condition called Mitral Valve Prolapse.

Impetigo is a complication of strep that doesn't always occur but sometimes it can flare up especially if the strep isn't diagnosed and treated early. It's a very unpleasant but treatable rash. My daughter has had both strep and impetigo in the past.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 06:48 PM
I live in the northeast and I have never gone to the ER, but two weeks ago I ended up after fighting a long course of sinus/bronchitis like condition. Its almost like a Pertussis variant, I ended up with coughing fits. Especially when trying to talk to others, you end up having to stop and cough. Others at work were sick also and everyone is saying a real bad bug is going around. Multiple family members were sick also. A coworker said his teenage son has been coughing for two months.

I was prescribed Prednisone to cut down the inflammation, and anti cough medication. I try not to take Prednisone, I've seen bad things come from it. A 40 year old EMT came down with a bronchitis like condition and was put on Prednisone. The condition progressed to the point his whole right lung was full of pus. They had to go in and surgically drain it. Prednisone suppresses immune system and gives other bugs a chance to multiply.

Being sick and seeing others sick with similar conditions at home and at work kinda raised alarm bells. I've never seen so many people effected by it. I still have a slight throat irritation. The ER doc was guessing and said it was RSV. She said the virus destroys the lining in the bronchi and inflames it. She had it in the past and said sometimes it can take up to two years to get back to normal.

Just odd, something doesn't seem right, an inordinate amount of viruses seem to be getting more and more attention. I just hope the governments are experimenting with transmission patterns to design better bio delivery systems. There is really no way to test it, most of the time it would be released in third world countries where aid agencies can collect data easier and with less socio economic impact.

posted on Jul, 13 2015 @ 07:08 PM
That stuff started up here in the Northeast. Upstate NY here, and I was sick through Memorial Day weekend. Boo! It was passed around through most people I know. A good summer cold that lasts about 2 to 3 weeks, and the lingering after effects for a good month after that. Drink plenty of fluids, and as long as it lasts, it's bound to ruin an otherwise fun weekend.

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 05:33 AM

Umm July 2015

Starnge growing sickness spreading in south west.

July 2015 Jade Helm 15 kicks off.

Lots of military in the south west doing civil distress training

nope no connection at all

posted on Jul, 14 2015 @ 07:43 PM
Maybe this is a small clue?
This is in Florida, but maybe the same thing is happening elsewhere. Maybe doctors are not checking for it.

FORT MYERS (CBSMiami/AP) – The state’s health department has confirmed an outbreak of adenovirus, a highly contagious respiratory illness that commonly causes cold-like symptoms, pneumonia, sore throat and diarrhea in Lee County.

Health Dep’t Confirms Outbreak Of Respiratory Illness

It does seem that the numbers are up a bit recently:
Respiratory Adenovirus National Trends

Adenoviruses can cause a wide range of illnesses such as Common cold Sore throat (pharyngitis) Bronchitis Pneumonia Diarrhea Pink eye (conjunctivitis) Fever Bladder inflammation or infection (cystitis) Inflammation of stomach and intestines (gastroenteritis) Neurologic disease

CDC Adenoviruses Symptoms

This link says Adenovirus is highly active in Utah at this time:

Well, that's just my guess from being bored and being addicted to Googling.
Or - it could be the Common Cold

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 09:30 AM

originally posted by: babybunnies

I'm handling it with nasal irrigation and oil of oregano.

You're on ATS and are still using stuff like Oil of Oregano ?

Whats wrong with that?

You DO know that natropathic medicine has been completely deregulated since the mid 1980s?

I would say "Good, I don't need a nanny state telling me what I can and can't buy or take to stay healthy.", but, that would only be relevant if you were right - but you aren't. Naturopathic medicine is extremely regulated.

Not that there isn't just as much if not more fraud and scamsters in the 'natural health' industry as there is in the allopathic 'health' industry. There is. That is why I believe people should be free to make their own decisions and take their chances.

You DO know that there is absolutely ZERO authority in the federal Constitution for the federal government to regulate food, or health supplements, or 90+% of everything else they claim authority to 'regulate'?

Your Oil of Oregano may not necessarily contain Oregano,

Which is why I buy quality brands.

and any medicinal claims of anything you get in the Health Food store can be completely made up without any scientific research of any kind.

Really? So I guess all of the supplement manufacturers that have been forced to remove health claims from their products and/or been drummed out of business, or all of the physicians that recognized the broken nature of the allopathic model as applied to chronic disease and started treating and curing people of so-called untreatable/incurable diseases and were persecuted (some until they died, others until they lost their licenses and/or left the country or just gave up) by the FDA were all victims of fraud then?

And it's a $14 billion a year industry,

Yeah, and the pharmaceutical industry is a $1+ TRILLION a year industry - but that's ok, because they are 'regulated' by the FDA (never mind the revolving door between the pharmaceutical companies and the 'regulators').

that has been completely, absolutely unregulated for over 30 years.

Again, you are simply wrong, so guess I can ignore anything else you might have to say on the subject.

posted on Jul, 15 2015 @ 10:28 AM
I'll add my experience,

For the Fourth of July weekend the family and I packed up the camper and headed to Defeated Creek Campground which sits along the banks of Cordell Hull Lake on the Cumberland River System in Tennessee. We headed out around 3pm EST and we hit some strong rain storms and saw some flash flooding on our 2 hour drive from Kentucky to get there. Needless to say every stop we made we was rained on, got soaked setting up the camper and Friday was more of the same with scattered showers with dry patches here and there.

Saturday morning, 4th of July, I woke up with a prickle in my throat which progressively grew worse as the day went on. I figured I was getting a bug from all the rain (which I can never recall getting sick from rain before, especially during the summer time). The ironic thing was my girlfriend was burning 4 thieves oil in a vaporizer ever since we got there almost non stop. Later that night I started to develop a fever along with absolute pain to swallow ... I whipped up some of my own medicine, Tanqueray and OJ, which allowed me to partake in the festivities and get a good nights sleep.

The next day (Sunday) I awoke to a sore body, fever and painful swallowing. Having had swollen lymph nodes in my neck before that swelled to the size of what felt like a softball, this was exactly what it felt like, other than the fever and sore muscles. We packed up, made the drive home and I used some more of my own medicine to get through the night.

On Monday, I went to work and called the Doc. Made an appt for after work and explained to her what was going on. She diagnosed me with strep and gave me a supply of amoxicillin to treat it. I cannot even remember the last time I had strep throat. Thankfully, although strep is contagious neither my girlfriend or 3 year old son caught it. Which to me is amazing since we all were kissing and eating after one another up until Saturday night. The anti biotics took about 4 days to totally kill it ...

(post by ebolaman removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 17 2015 @ 08:13 PM
I'm very interested so many of you were diagnosed with strep. I had my tonsils removed as an adult, which they try not to do. After antibiotics failing almost 20 times. (Yes, I took them properly) the tonsils had to go.

I bring this up because as I understand it, tonsillectomy removes the symptoms not the illness. That makes me a carrier for strep. How many others do you think are out there with "super strep"?

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:40 AM
Update, week six ans still having terrible coughing fits that produce green phlegm and blood. Going back to urgent care today. This is also week two of no voice. Hopefully they don't just tell me, "yup you are sick, go home and rest"

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 11:57 AM
I have been adding a mild plant antibiotic, antifungal, antiviral to our Iced Tea. I use Mullien, it grows wild all over and has no taste. So far, (Im knocking on wood) we have not come down with any flu like symptoms. Our neighbors and friends have been sick.
Mullien was used in beer making instead of Hops, so it has been used as a beverage for centuries. You can not taste it in the tea. There are many wild plant antibiotics, like yarrow that grows all over the world. I had mono when I was 9 yrs old, so I always seem to catch what ever comes around, this seems to be so far working for us, so thought I would share.
Always do your own research about the herbs you choose, and make sure wild herbs are properly identified.

edit on 18-7-2015 by misskat1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2015 @ 05:54 PM
Today I was told that I have walking pneumonia. Now I am on antibiotics, finally, and the usual inhaler, decongestants, fluids and rest. Hope all of you get well soon! Thanks to all that have posted home and herbal remedies, that is always useful knowledge.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:45 AM
I don't know if it's a new virus or what but now my family is battling one that causes severe nerve and bone pain as well as congestion. My mother-in-law was taken to the doctor because her daughter thought she might have something like meningitis without the fever. The doctors did not say anything beyond the fact she had a virus and she was treated for her symptoms. I had it for over a week and I was mobile and active but in considerable pain. My joints, bones and back ached. At first I didn't think it was a virus but my husband now has it. A friend texted me that it's going around.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:24 AM

Sinus infection is a very generic term and refers more to the irritation of that area, which could be caused by any one of a number of things.

And the notion that people here might chime in with their own experiences is nonsensical, hypochondriacs will now all be claiming all kinds of things, and probably manifesting symptoms too.

If I walked into a stadium and over the PA system asked those thousands of people who has felt unwell at all over the last two weeks I can guarantee at least 50% of them would raise their hands.

It means nothing, especially on a conspiracy forum.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>