It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This angers me. more flag news

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

i made the mention of it indicating a waxing collectivism in America.

American individualism is shrinking. Being shouted down for daring to walk its own path.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
i am just amused that there is a " chtristian flag " - did every disparate cult agree to the design ?????

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Nowhere in any of this is the right to demand that others share in your offendedness nor is there any right of expectation directed at the speaker.

Well that's definitely not true :-)

Is the speaker sacred? Hands off?

I have the right to speak my mind. This isn't complicated - people are entitled to their opinions - simple as that

If I disagree with something or find something offensive - I'm going to say something about it

If the people who are speaking tell me it annoys them - what do I care? If they can't handle the flak that's their problem

See?

When the government tells us we can't say something - then we have a genuine problem

Freedom of speech is for all of us - there's enough butt hurt to go around - crybabies are kinda in the eye of the beholder - if you see what I mean :-)

edit to ask: what weight does my demand carry? What power does any request really have? People change their minds for a variety of reasons. People have their views challenged - they sometimes alter their thinking. I know I have - many times

Corporations, sellers, buyers, businesses of all kinds use focus groups and market research all the time. Opinions matter - they're interested in profit. If they cater to a group demand - that's their business

Supply and demand, whatever the market will bear - these things play out in the world of ideas same as anywhere else

edit on 7/8/2015 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
For all of you who think I'm showing fake outrage or if I'd hole the same views if it was a different religion, I'll say this. All the church had to do was not fly the American flag. It's that simple.

If I were to see any other Nations flag flying I wouldn't be bothered at all, as long as it wasn't above the American flag. There's no need to fly both if you don't want to do it properly.

As was posted before.

www.usflag.org...

The only flag that I would desecrate if I saw it flying solo would be the ISIS flag. Other than that, hung whatcha brung.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join