It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Sends Obama Independence Day Message

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphacenturi
a reply to: intrptr
yeah I wasn't trying to be snarky to the op, I was a little confused by the article, as it goes on to say about last years independence day message and that, that was from 2012, I may live in Canada but im pretty sure its the same year all around the world, lol,.

maybe im missing something.

Oops! It's okay, I probably would have done the same thing! Heard it on CNN this morning, saw this, and the message was almost the same, so the date didn't quite 'register'. The article in the OP is dated 2014!

But meet the new message, same as the old message. lol.

Putin Sends Obama an Independence Day Message

MOSCOW — Russian President Vladimir Putin called for dialogue based on equal treatment and mutual respect with the United States on Saturday in a congratulatory message to President Barack Obama marking U.S. Independence Day.

Putin said U.S.-Russian relations remained important for solving global crises. The two countries have disagreements over the conflict in Ukraine, defense matters and democracy.

www.nbcnews.com...

edit on 7/4/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Xcathdra

There was no coup.

Or annexation.

or lawful referendum accepted by any country that matters.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

I don't think you understand a damn thing about just being content with living life without constantly screaming about every tiny little thing under the sun that isn't just freaking perfect and suits you and pushing for revolutionary and highly reactionary social change for no reason.

If it's a reaction you wanted, well here it is.

You're entitled to your opinions, we're entitled to ours.

You won't ever see me jack-booting my way into someone else's home and pushing my way of life on them.

So why it it ok to just start disrupting the streets with social chaos? Are these matters that journalists and political pundits and "social activists" espousing constantly from every angle imaginable really affecting your life? Or are you just jumping on their bandwagons because you're overly idealistic and obsessed with the idea of changing everything with no understanding about maintaining a civil partnership with those who differ from you?

Help us understand why you swarm the streets demanding things when you have food, shelter and freedoms that allow you to participate in the dominant order without causing a ruckus all the damn time?

It's like those 99 percenters who trashed the streets will all manner of litter were pooping and urinating wherever they could find space. Who do you think cleans that kind of stuff up? Certainly not a bunch a kids who would trash the place up in the first place. Those are PUBLIC domains. You want us to stop paying hardworking individuals an honest wage because a bunch of spoiled kids want to just play sing-a-long and possibly create and environment where the n'eer-do-wells can move freely about and start trouble to the detriment of the entire group peacefully protesting?

Do you know anything about the dangers of large protest crowds and how quickly they can get out of control?

I don't have a problem with exercising one's freedoms to peaceful protest, but I'm also not stupid enough to think that there aren't groups or individuals out there who would happily use that sort of crowd cover for dangerous and deadly acts.

I was personally at the WTO Riots in Seattle. We didn't have a problem with any of it until protesters started screaming obscenities at the folks trying to enter the building to convene, and then the more radical members of the crowd got so fired up they decided to start smashing windows and looting businesses because they were disruptive idiots. They enacted Martial Law and politely asked people to please return to their homes, things were getting out of hand.

But did the radicals listen? Oh hell no. They stayed and started setting fire to everything they could. Mass hysteria broke out and the anger and resentment started spreading infectiously. You rally want us to stand down when folks start burning down the city?

Are you for freaking real?

I suppose the rights of the non-involved citizens and businessmen don't matter huh?

No, of course not.
You only care about your cause, your way of life, your agendas.
To hell with everyone else, right?

Hate to break it to you, but someone has to defend the other side of this equation.

There are proper channels and proper ways to handle grievances.
LEARN THEM AND START USING THEM.

Sincerely,

Ex-Black Bloc member circa 1995....peaceful attendee of WTO Riots...observer of the NWAA meeting back before WTO, Social Psychologist, and literate reader of Noam Chomsky and several accredited Political Science authors. Registered voter. Historical Enthusiast, Proud American, Political Moderate, Peaceful Social Activist and someone who has better things to do that constantly defend themselves to reactionary peons who only read sensationalist conspiracy theories and hyper-sensationalist calls to arms from highly opinionated pundits and jump to conclusions faster than a girl playing hopscotch.

Now seriously dude.

Maybe get to know someone a little better before calling them a Bully.
That was seriously uncool.

edit on 7/4/15 by GENERAL EYES because: grammar edits, formatting

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphacenturi
I believe the message is dated July 4 2014 not 2015, just giving the heads up.

Thanks for the heads up. Stupid is as stupid does.

Brilliant and charming. : @@ :

edit on 7/4/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: Does the above emoticon remotely resemble an eye-roll? No, S.O. It does not!

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I wish it was true, however the power that be do not want peace. They want control of the whole earth and the monetary system.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Message from this morning July 4, 2015 at 8:27 a.m.

MOSCOW — Russian President Vladimir Putin called for dialogue based on equal treatment and mutual respect with the United States on Saturday in a congratulatory message to President Barack Obama marking U.S. Independence Day.

Putin said U.S.-Russian relations remained important for solving global crises. The two countries have disagreements over the conflict in Ukraine, defense matters and democracy.

"In his message of congratulations, the Russian President noted that, despite the differences between the two countries, Russian-American relations remain the most important factor of international stability and security," the Kremlin said in a statement.

Putin expressed confidence that Russia and the U.S. could find solutions to the most complicated international issues and meet global threats and challenges together if they based their relationship on the principles of equality and respect for each other's interests, the Kremlin added.

The statement did not provide further details and did not mention Western sanctions imposed over Russia's role in the Ukraine crisis and Moscow's annexation of Crimea peninsula from Ukraine in 2014. The wording of the message was similar to last year's congratulatory message to Obama
www.nbcnews.com...

Hope this is better. Sorry for the confusion. : (
edit on 7/4/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

a reply to: Isurrender73

We can only speculate on Putin's and Russias involvement.

Wherever the guns are pointing and the bombs are falling you can bet that side isn't going along with the Global Agenda program.

I share the same opinion.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Putin trying to reason with Obama's handlers? Who seem to want to fight the cold war all over again since it was so very profitable for the MIC the 1st time.They are total Russophobes it's pointless these people have the same mindset of the red scare in the 50's.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Putin bashers will state its manipulation, but its the west encroaching on Russia's borders and closing channels of communication, not the other way around.

See?

I believe it's both manipulation, as well as sincere. Honestly though, i'll take this kind of talk over the other any day.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
As long as they keep threatening Finland and Estonia, Russia can say all they want but it will fall on deaf ears. Stop crossing the borders of those countries with military aircraft and sending subs into Sweden's harbor and then maybe the rest of the world will take Russia's reconciliation seriously. But that combined with action in the Ukraine make it impossible to ignore the intent.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

A kind gesture is always welcome.
Best Regards,

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Putin would say or do anything to keep Russia alive. You cannot trust such a man.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: soulpowertothendegree

haha.. how many presidents gave this same reply, bush is one .... So farking disrespectful.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ph0enix

I trust him more than i trust you.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I think it's sincere. America and NATO have been doing a number on Russia for sometime now. After the fall of the Soviet Union, Russia was under the impression the U.S. would stop the whole east vs. west mentality, but after the warsaw pact, and the soviet collapse, NATO has been pushing it's way closer to Russia. Poland, Hungary, Germany (as a whole), Bulgaria, and Romania were formally a part of the warsaw pact with Russia.

Now they are NATO allies. Drills have been being conducted by NATO troops not far outside of Russia, NATO missile sites are well within striking distance of Russia, U.S./U.N. bases are all over in Europe not far from Russia, The U.N. and U.S. has sanctioned the hell out of them due to the Ukraine conflict. And as a result, the Russian Ruble value has basically been cut in half. And due to that, their economy is obviously suffering. And there's more to it on top of all of that.

So in other words, they have no choice but to be sincere right now. If they don't reach out and figure something out, Russia will be hurting. And I'm sure they'll only be pushed so far until they start doing something about it.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Honcho

So who do you trust more? American or Russia?

I think people are blaming Russia due to it's past dictators. I don't believe Russia is what we've been told it is. I do think however, they are a threat to the Western World due to their stance against the Western world. They refuse to bend over like to the bullies running north america and thus, have been made to appear as 'bad guys'. Just like every other era in our past. I find it sad really... You cannot blame someone for another's misdirection.

Who appears to be completely nuts and happens to be in charge right now? People will trust a Narcissist because they can fake believability like no other. This has become a huge problem for many, and if the many don't wake up they'll never know how farked they've become.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ph0enix
Putin would say or do anything to keep Russia alive. You cannot trust such a man.

Yet ironically he is killing Russia with his 11th hour misadventures back into the 80's.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
a reply to: ph0enix

I trust him more than i trust you.

Me too

I trust Putin more than most of these pro western posters on ATS

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
Yet ironically he is killing Russia with his 11th hour misadventures back into the 80's.

I am sorry don't you mean USA

Have you looked at a financial balance sheet for US adventurism lately.
edit on 5-7-2015 by PredatorCrackling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: PredatorCrackling

Nope, talking about Russia, as my post states.

Are you going to post anything of substance or are you going to just derail the thread?
edit on 5-7-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join