It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin Sends Obama Independence Day Message

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
no one is suggesting he needs our help in any way, they look appear to be self sufficient so 'equal partners' is not bad idea

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: pexx421
a reply to: paradoxious

Probably because Russia doesn't have powerful ngos working in Canada or Mexico to foment discord and rebellion under a Russian trained dictator.

No,

Russia is following their side of the peace treaties while our CIA is not. It is quite simple. The American leaders make laws and treaties then deliberately break them, while Russia has abided them.

When Russia has fallen short of their agreements it has been to keep bombs off their borders.

Russia has had it's share of problems, but an attempt at world domination is not one of them. That title belongs to Rome, France, Germany and now the USA.

Add - I am not declaring Putin a "good guy", simply the lessor of two evils. He has a long way to go if he wants to be seen as a "good guy". But offering peace on our independence day is a good start.
edit on 4-7-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I've nothing to add other than if one can't remain objective and pragmatic, the armchair generals of the world will remain oblivious.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: blacktie
no one is suggesting he needs our help in any way, they look appear to be self sufficient so 'equal partners' is not bad idea
Well, looks like I spoke to soon.

If they want to be "equal partners", Russia and the USA should work together towards a positive, common goal, where no nation is threatened by any other, right?

But several of those Eastern Bloc countries feel threatened by Russia. So who gives?

edit on 4-7-2015 by paradoxious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Our leaders make laws and treaties then deliberately break them.

To put the other side off. (If) the goal is world domination, then talk peace while preparing for war. This is exactly what is occurring.

Meanwhile, NATO supply lines grow longer and farther from support, while Russian and China sit back, building reserves.

Who doesn't see the folly of other attempts by Hitler and Napoleon to accomplish the same stupid thing, the same stupid way?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: 0bserver1

Not that we shouldn't appreciate his peace offer and step to a better dialogue..
I really want to hear what Obamas reaction will be to this hand reach. . ?

Same here. How do we account for "Independence" while denying the same to other nations? Obama will have to put on his best double standard face for this one.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

How do we account for "Independence" while denying the same to other nations?

Maybe we should ask Putin that same question...would be interesting to see his reply.

Obama will have to put on his best double standard face for this one.

It seems Putin has already done that.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I'm not saying Putin isn't doing what you are saying. I am saying you are making accusations against a nation which has never done what you are claiming.

Is it possible that America has been sold out by the elite of the world who have formulated BRICS so they can intentionally destroy the American Economy without themselves loosing even one cent?

Sure, anything is possible. But we know the CIA is bad and trying to enforce a globalist agenda. We can only speculate on Putin's and Russias involvement.

I pay attention to all sides, I simply look at the past as an indication of future actions.
edit on 4-7-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

So is it an attempt at political manipulation, or is it sincere? He makes some good points, I hope he means it.

Maybe things aren't so cozy for Putin at home. I mean you can only lose so much blood, before you have to stop the bleeding.

The easy money his friends are used to seeing isn't so easy thanks to sanctions, but hey maybe Putin has decided that it would help Russians if things could be better between the two.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Well, Putin's got class, unlike the current occupants of the White House.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

Let's just forget what he has done in the past...because he has class from this one gesture.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

So is it an attempt at political manipulation, or is it sincere? He makes some good points, I hope he means it.

Maybe things aren't so cozy for Putin at home. I mean you can only lose so much blood, before you have to stop the bleeding.

The easy money his friends are used to seeing isn't so easy thanks to sanctions, but hey maybe Putin has decided that it would help Russians if things could be better between the two.

Yes --

Personal relations between Obama and Putin appear cool as efforts continue to end the violence in east Ukraine. Putin is now weighing whether to engage more with Obama on Ukraine or risk more sanctions that could undermine Russia's economy, already on the verge of recession.

...........Source -- see above.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

Haha! Good one! You do realize he's gotten his country in trouble with sanctions because of his "I'm the King" mentality?
edit on 7/4/2015 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

It's hard to say with Putin. I think he is sincere, at that moment and as long as no one 'disses' him.

I just listened to the Author of "The Arctic Thirteen" about maneurvering in Putins Russia to obtain the release of the Greenpeace activitists on the radio the other day - sorry I don't remember the exact details beyond it was KPFP and was on 'Arts and Letters' and .... hell let me look....

They don't have Arts and Letters any more - perhaps "Letters and Politics" -- hmmm --- that's probably it on Tues (6/30) or Wen (7/1):

Look in the KPFK audio archives on those dates for that show if interested. The book sounds fascinating.

Anyway you get my point.

The Russian insiders they worked with where adament that you had to handle Putin so that no 'loss of face' happened - he had to be seen as benevolent at all times.

That type of self-centered personality should not be 'controling' a world power.

edit on 4-7-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Russia vetoed (along with China) numerous attempts by the US to pass a resolution in the UN Security Council for a Libyan style intervention in Syria.

Yes so true
My stupid government is now seeking to flatten Syria because a terrorist killed thirty odd Brits and was trained up in Libya. So Syria in Asia will pay the price for terrorism in north Africa that could only have developed with Britain clearing aaway the rule of law by bombing Libya and creating a failed state from where the rule of law evaporated and ISIS was given a fee reign and training ground. It's never ever never right

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I'll believe Putin actually wants peace when I see it. Both times he's called for peace in Ukraine he's just taken it as an opportunity to resupply the separatists he's backing. This is probably more of the same. He's trying to relieve some pressure on himself by extending an olive branch and hoping to get some sanctions lifted. Then after elections and his supporters get voted in he'll go back to the same old rhetoric.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I agree, but it's little bit more complicated than that. Remember how Russsia just went in and took over Crimea. The annexation of what was part of Ukranian territory was not a sanctioned U.N. move. Then the U.S. pushed for sanctions.
I know that citizens of Crimea felt they should be part of Russia. Putin used this to his advantage. He is a calculating, smart guy.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Manipulation for the masses,,
Dismissed by The White House as it should be.

Action not words vlad !!!
edit on Sat, 04 Jul 2015 18:26:43 -0500266America/ChicagoSaturday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Thanks Putin

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

We have heard this before from Putin and as always Russian words don't match their actions. If Russia is serious about international security then why support countries like Assad and N. Korea? Why invade Ukraine? Georgia? Why occupy Moldovan territory?

Why threaten the use of nukes? Why threaten 5 European countries, who are members of NATO, that he could take their capitals in 3 weeks. Why the massive buildup or Russian forces and supplies on the border and inside the country of Ukraine?

Respect is earned and their is a difference between respect and demanded respect from a person whose stint in the KGB where "respect" was based on how dangerous a person was.

I think this is a last ditch attempt on Putins part before he goes all in in Ukraine. I would not be surprised if he is trying to use his military buildup as a leverage against the west. Give in to my demands or I go into Ukraine completely.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join