It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idaho city’s ordinance tells pastors to marry gays or go to jail

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Look let me be clear, marry who you want...
Love who you want especially...

That doesn't go against my morals or beliefs prior to conversion, nor after.

You can claim its apologist revision but there is no Quranic scripture that says being gay is wrong...
All that is referred to is the act of sodomy, which is labelled a transgression...

Any extremist doctrine comes from the Hadith, so please do not call me a homophobe OP, it's not true.
My favourite ATS member is gay (that old chestnut), but I'm serious, and when I say favourite I mean I sign in certain days just to hear their thoughts...
They will remain nameless...
But they're a majestic mythological creature!

edit on 4-7-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Charlie my friend there is no use in arguing on this site for it has been infested with NWO conformist. Just state the truth and maybe it will reach one soul.

I quote again: Revelation 2:10
"Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you life as your victor’s crown".

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Thanks, I'll check the video asap.

I concede defeat, I thought it applied to all biblical law.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Sighs. I'll just give you a link to a very basic introduction to this topic. www.religioustolerance.org...

Of course there are many in-depth articles on it by biblical scholars. But that's for another thread.

The point is, you are wrong. Christians CAN be gay.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Considering religion, in this case Christian is a belief i would assume anyone could be a christian

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
LOL, Christians can be murderers, thief's , Pedo's and millions of other things, but it does not mean God condones their actions.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle
a reply to: rationalconsumer

The minister/priest/pastor/clergy is not infringing on anyone's rights by refusing to participate/officiate at same sex civil unions. Any attempt by the state to force the clergy against their dogma is simply extortion and should be viewed as such.

Cheers - Dave

Yes they are infringing on peoples rights. A for profit business doesn't have the right to deny their services to people based on sexual orientation.

I'm sorry but that's messed up. The person that would normally perform the marriage is not getting paid. Nobody is infringing anyone's rights.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 7/4.2015 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MKNaomi

LOL, Christians can be murderers, thief's , Pedo's and millions of other things, but it does not mean God condones their actions.

Eh? Those are against the Bible obviously.

Homosexuality is not against the Bible. Read the links provided by me and others. It's a real eye opener.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Link's made by the GAY agenda, no thanks. Find your own religion and leave ours alone, because we believe and will fight till death for that belief.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: MKNaomi

Link's made by the GAY agenda, no thanks. Find your own religion and leave ours alone, because we believe and will fight till death for that belief.

Um, yeah. That sounds Christian all right. Do what we want or else. Funny thing is that ISN'T what Jesus taught. Oh and "to till death?" Bwahahahaha......

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Do you like the Desert.. maybe somewhere East?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

LOL gay agenda. What the hell is "gay agenda"?

Find your own religion and leave ours alone, because we believe and will fight till death for that belief.

Am I trying to deny your right to your religion and belief? Who is not leaving you alone? It is your imagination.

Anyway CharlieSpeirs claimed this:

Exactly zero gay Christians.

Now you see where the argument is coming from.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   

There are over 1,000 Christian groups in America alone.

Which one are you exactly?

Which faith groups are Christian? Some Christians commit a great deal of energy debating precisely which of the 1,000 or so North American faith groups are Christian and which are either sub-Christian, quasi-Christian, non-Christian or even anti-Chrisitan. There are probably hundreds of lists of "valid" Christian denominations in existence -- all different. www.religioustolerance.org...

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: rationalconsumer

Except this "Christian" couple are liars.
They're a for-profit private business, not a church.

They also changed the remit of their own business, to file legal complaint. Prior to the law change their website stated for all to see that they perform non-denominational services of all kinds, then after they changed it to remove that and claim they are purely Christian ministers.

At some point between the page snapshot on or around 9 October 2014, Idaho's issuance of same-sex wedding licenses on 15 October, and the ADF's press release on 18 October 2014, the site's copy was altered. As of 20 October 2014, the Hitching Post edited its description to remove references to the civil and non-denominational services presumably marketed just days earlier: Read more at www.snopes.com...

So, before people start ranting about these poor Christian people being forced into doing something, you better pay attention what the PRIVATE BUSINESS claimed it was doing immediately before the law was changed, and then altered on their own business site.

Private businesses have to comply with the laws of the state they operate within. This is not a religious organization and they are not running a church.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

LOL, you think of Christianity as a fairytale religion (Clouds, Golden Gates) you will see when God calls upon his warriors and his wrath is executed. We will leave no stone unturned.
This is not some social club that you can us PC to join.

Rev 2-10
Do not be afraid of what you are about to suffer. I tell you, the devil will put some of you in prison to test you, and you will suffer persecution for ten days. Be faithful, even to the point of death, and I will give you life as your victor’s crown.
edit on 4-7-2015 by MKNaomi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
This is a manufactured story. They were never threatened with legal action. IMO they are just suing to create an incident that fits the Christian right narrative.

“As a religious organization, they are exempt from our anti-discrimination law. They are for-profit.” [City spokesman] Erikcson said. “We’re asking them to dismiss this federal lawsuit. It has no merit because the ordinance doesn’t apply to them.”

City officials deny that the couple have been threatened with legal action. “We have never threatened to jail them, or take legal action of any kind,” Erickson told the Coeur d’Alene Press.

But confusion has rested on whether or not the chapel operates as a for-profit or non-profit operation.

“If they are operating as a legitimate not-for-profit religious corporation then they are exempt from the ordinance like any other church or religious association,” City Attorney Mike Gridley wrote to the ADF earlier this month.

www.religionnews.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

There are over 1,000 Christian groups in America alone.

Which one are you exactly?

Which faith groups are Christian? Some Christians commit a great deal of energy debating precisely which of the 1,000 or so North American faith groups are Christian and which are either sub-Christian, quasi-Christian, non-Christian or even anti-Chrisitan. There are probably hundreds of lists of "valid" Christian denominations in existence -- all different. www.religioustolerance.org...

Baptist? Possibly from Kansas?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I don't know why I bother posting in these threads, because you're all too damn lazy to do any actual research yourselves and see how valid or true something is.

The source link provided is a propaganda piece, by a right wing blog, and none of you seem to have bothered to look into this any deeper, probably because you desperately want it to be true to give you your five minutes of hate toward LGBT people.

It took me less than a minute to Google this and find out the truth.

You all look incredibly idiotic believing this BS.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
You will see the light one day soon, but you will be traveling away from it.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

And you are exactly what the US government now considers a radical Christian fanatic. Lucky you, you probably made it onto a watch list

Remember folks, IS distorts the Islamic faith to give them permission to be animals, there are "Christians" in your own country who will willingly bastardize their so-called "faith" to excuse their psychopathy too.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join