It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confederate flags will not come down at Stone Mountain (state park)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

It doesn't offend me by any means.

Just don't like to see it glorified.

When we are equating a 30 year old TV show going off the air to terrorism....
We have issues.

Can you even show that it was demanded to be taken off??

That is your entire stance and it isn't even true!!

edit on ndThu, 02 Jul 2015 21:20:57 -0500America/Chicago720155780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

And for some one who is tired of all the political bickering you sure do your fair share of it.

All aimed at one side as well.

Strange.

You win the thread seeker, won't be replying.
Feel free to U2U if you want continue.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: hillbilly4rent

Does my heart proud to see people standing up and speaking out. What better way to say it than with the Rebel flag. "Don't push it too far".

Thanks for posting the video.

All of America ought to embrace the Rebel Flag when they want to protest something. Social media, Twitter and FB, only go so far. Visual signs, especially the Rebel Flag has a powerful meaning behind it.
edit on 2-7-2015 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

It doesn't offend me by any means.

Just don't like to see it glorified.

When we are equating a 30 year old TV show going off the air to terrorism....
We have issues.

Your twisting words! Playing "Word Twister"! It's a damn shame that a debate on politics from someone like myself who already knows at the age of 52 years old, is all BS!

I'm not going to entertain you and your words son! As I see it? Those of you who worship political parties like Gods who will save your sorry ass IF ONLY YOU VOTE FOR ME?

Your gonna get yours! I just wish I could see the look on your face when it finally hits you that "YOU GOT PLAYED"!

Your free to believe! But I would give my left nut to see the look on your face when your realize it was all a scam.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Eff you guys that can't accept that the world is changing.

Well that's not very nice.

The world isnt changing, it just ebbs and flows.

Aside from that, blindly accepting change without question can be a dangerous practice. Some of us look beyond today, and past yesterday.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Does my heart proud to see people standing up and speaking out. What better way to say it than with the Rebel flag. "Don't push it too far".

Thanks for posting the video.

All of America ought to embrace the Rebel Flag when they want to protest something. Social media, Twitter and FB, only go so far. Visual signs, especially the Rebel Flag has a powerful meaning behind it.

That's all fine and dandy but did you make it the the end of the tube? When someone presses the issue something bad is going to happen.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

And for some one who is tired of all the political bickering you sure do your fair share of it.

All aimed at one side as well.

Strange.

You win the thread seeker, won't be replying.
Feel free to U2U if you want continue.

I'm tired of the division!

Get it?

It isn't about winning! What did I win! A keyboard warrior medal to pin on my chest? Hell son! I could give a damn less about winning a GD debate on the internet against someone I don't even know!

Eff the internet and the false bravado that make those who in general are cowards but on the internet are hero's.

You want to meet me in R/L? Totally different when you have to speak to a person face to face versus this BS internet, that makes cowards feel like warriors........

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Maybe it will...maybe it won't.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

All of America ought to embrace the Rebel Flag

I guess if your end goal is shame and utter defeat. In case you did not know the confederates subsequently got their ass beat.

I never understood the sick obsession the southerners have with their failed rebellion. They got their ASS KICKED. The whole "southern struggle" was totally futile and they all died for NOTHING. They lost, get over it. Find something else to obsess over because the south will never "rise again".
edit on 2-7-2015 by alphastrike101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: alphastrike101

LOL...no one is obsessing over anything. Someone once said that "we are all failures...at least the BEST of us are."

There was and never has been any shame in fighting for what one believes in. Changes have been made and we are proud of those changes, especially in our relationships with our black brothers and sisters that share our history. But that doesn't negate the brave and valiant men that fought for the Confederacy. It meant SOMETHING....

But, you really don't need to understand it. It isn't yours to understand.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Obliviously you do obsess over it when you say things like " All of America ought to embrace the Rebel Flag"

In the end the confederates did die for nothing. They were human garbage that needed a firm boot to the rear end to set them straight. Their ideology was outdated and erroneous. They literally wanted to own slaves.

Their erroneous ideology brought them nothing but shame and destruction to their land. Hence their ass getting kicked. The union march to the sea was demonstrative of this as well as the half century of rebuilding.

The thing is we get over our failures at least rational people do. We do not dwell on them and try to rehash them.

So I say one more time. Get over it and find something else to obsess about.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Folks, it's not banning anything because the government hasn't ordered the banning of anything.

Progressives will simply remove everything they deem offensive from view. You can go to a museum, perhaps still own a book, even have a copy of "Gone With the wind".

Just keep it hidden behind closed doors. Don't tell anyone what you may have read, watched or owned.

As a final thought, while the government hasn't "banned" anything, who in government has been against this draconian societal "ban" of images? Has there been anyone in government proudly defending free expression without the concern of offending anyone?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

It is a one damn show on one damn TV network.

That's where it starts.
One damn thing at a time. or incrementally.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   

edit on 7/2/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphastrike101

I never understood...

You probably should have stopped right there. Clearly you don't understand. If you don't understand something, why not ask questions in an attempt to gain some perspective, rather than making inflammatory comments? That's just absurd.

You obviously don't know what you are talking about, so either try to learn, or stop trying to comment on something about which you are ignorant. Seems simple enough.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Obliviously you do obsess over it when you say things like " All of America ought to embrace the Rebel Flag"

In the end the confederates did die for nothing. They were human garbage that needed a firm boot to the rear end to set them straight. Their ideology was outdated and erroneous. They literally wanted to own slaves.

Their erroneous ideology brought them nothing but shame and destruction to their land. Hence their ass getting kicked. The union march to the sea was demonstrative of this as well as the half century of rebuilding.

The thing is we get over our failures at least rational people do. We do not dwell on them and try to rehash them.

So I say one more time. Get over it and find something else to obsess about.

You should be ashamed of your own ignorance fella

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: alphastrike101

They took a stand ... Vast majority of those that fought did so because they regarded the state as their home and felt it was worth defending .

Just because your on the losing side doesn't mean your on the wrong side.

Again the vast majority of the confederates did not own slaves, and were looking to defend their homes.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: irishhaf

They took a stand to defend an outdated and just plain wrong ideology.

I am sure the nazies and ISIS fighters thought the same thing but in the end they were just human garbage that caused nothing but shame and destruction to their land.

It is a good thing they got their ass kicked because their utter defeat and crippling reconstruction set the stage for the 13th amendment in 1865.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   

All of America ought to embrace the Rebel Flag

I guess if your end goal is shame and utter defeat. In case you did not know the confederates subsequently got their ass beat.

I never understood the sick obsession the southerners have with their failed rebellion. They got their ASS KICKED. The whole "southern struggle" was totally futile and they all died for NOTHING. They lost, get over it. Find something else to obsess over because the south will never "rise again".

Failed rebellion? Continue watching. What our country needs right now, more than anything else is a rebellion against our government. Maybe even another Civil War. I really don't give a flying "F" what your opinion is but you have every right to own it and express it. You have every right to decide what you stand for, what your morals and values dictate and how you wish to live your life. What you don't have the right to do, and our criminal government is doing...is taking those same rights of thought and opinion from anyone who doesn't agree with theirs.

It won't happen today over a flag and it probably won't happen tomorrow over a TV show. But WHEN they decided to come for our guns, strip people of their right to religion and order them how they MUST raise and educate their children...it will begin. That will be a day of celebration when we finally grow back the balls represented by the flag you hate so much and decide that this is not freedom...this is not justice...and realize that our once great country has been invaded and occupied by progressive liberals that want nothing more than to re-install the same slavery you condemn.

I am not from the south, I am not religious, I don't have an opinion of the flag and I don't really care about a TV show. But I support ANY minority being picked on by bullies like you and your government. I support the Catholics, the southerners and everyone else you hate because you support doing unto them, what you claim to hate about our past. Bigotry, prejudice and hate. You have become the monster you wish to extinguish. And I hope we can help resolve that in the near future.
edit on 7/3/2015 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

It with either come so slowly that we don't take notice until it's too late, or it will come with the force of a hurricane.

Unfortunately, most people won't care or won't do anything until it directly them, and until it directly effects them in large enough number. People are too placated to care about much of anything, and many of those that *are* affected are content to bitch on FB or other social media sites. If the same number would join the people in the streets it would be slightly different, but even then peaceful protests mean crap. The government just sits it out, more or less, "it'll pass."

Until you take away people's TV and livelihood and directly affect their lives, IMO little will happen to change anything. By then it *will* be too late and we *will* need something like a civil war a complete cleansing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join