It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confederate flags will not come down at Stone Mountain (state park)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

It with either come so slowly that we don't take notice until it's too late, or it will come with the force of a hurricane.

Unfortunately, most people won't care or won't do anything until it directly them, and until it directly effects them in large enough number. People are too placated to care about much of anything, and many of those that *are* affected are content to bitch on FB or other social media sites. If the same number would join the people in the streets it would be slightly different, but even then peaceful protests mean crap. The government just sits it out, more or less, "it'll pass."

Until you take away people's TV and livelihood and directly affect their lives, IMO little will happen to change anything. By then it *will* be too late and we *will* need something like a civil war a complete cleansing.

Hence the guns, religion and children comment...but I agree with you. There are far too many distractions and the adversary has lots of resources and a strong starting position. But I'm seeing others around the country and around me that never cared about politics, raising an eyebrow and getting fed up. We just have to see what straw is going to actually break the camel's back.

Basically, with their actions and attempts to control the citizens, I believe they are going to create a network of enemies within the country that fight back from the shadows. You can already see some of this going on, on a small scale. As I said...continue watching.

In my humble opinion of course

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: alphastrike101

States rights, belif that local authority is preferred over distant ?

Or are you clinging to the outdated belif that everyone south of the mason Dixon line supported slavery?

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: irishhaf
a reply to: alphastrike101

States rights, belif that local authority is preferred over distant ?

Or are you clinging to the outdated belif that everyone south of the mason Dixon line supported slavery?

What a lot of people fail to understand (IMO) is that the states are meant to represent the people of those states. That one state may support something another doesn't because the people who live there support that belief. A haven for that group of people with like interests, beliefs and concerns. What many want today, including our government is to abolish the idea of differing opinion and have the federal government dictate to everyone...bypassing or forcing the states to comply if not eradicating them entirely as an entity. A modern version of what led to the FIRST Civil War. I guess they don't remember history too well...or don't care. But I believe the ultimate goal of these people is to force one set of opinions upon every single person and take away their right to personal belief, morals and values.

That to me, is something completely unacceptable and un-American.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Oh, I see people getting fed up too.

But all they do is complain, they don't DO anything. That's the problem.

Maybe something will change.

I'm watching.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Oh, I see people getting fed up too.

But all they do is complain, they don't DO anything. That's the problem.

Maybe something will change.

I'm watching.

I'm just guessing here...I don't want to come off like I know a secret. I don't. But there will be some who rebel. There already have. They will likely rebel in a manner that gets attention. Some of that attention will be respected by some of those you mention and you may then see some of them join in where they can. That is how history says it will start...with individuals and then small groups. An annoyance until it is grows large enough to be something bigger. People are weird like that...they need a leader or a savior to show them what is possible. We used to call that a movement.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I don't care if you want to fly it in your private life, but when it is on state grounds I take issue

You do not understand, the ground we all walk on is state grounds. The Confederate flag was raised to separate from a tyrannical federal Government and their pansies who wanted to PUSH the southern states around, kind of just like today!!!!

It was not the Federal Governments job to boss the states around then and it is not now. The Federal Governments job is to work for THE STATES and first and foremost THE PEOPLE.

The Federal Government is so far out in left field, given themselves so many illegal powers that it is up to the States to fight back.

This is no random assault on a flag that some goofballs compare to pro Racist. It is a first punch at the Southern States who are so close to telling D.C. to go pound sand again, you have no idea. Obama and his Liberal lunatics are taunting the South to stop him. He will push and push until the South punches him in the face. Figurative speaking obviously.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge
a reply to: Sremmos80

I don't care if you want to fly it in your private life, but when it is on state grounds I take issue

You do not understand, the ground we all walk on is state grounds. The Confederate flag was raised to separate from a tyrannical federal Government and their pansies who wanted to PUSH the southern states around, kind of just like today!!!!

It was not the Federal Governments job to boss the states around then and it is not now. The Federal Governments job is to work for THE STATES and first and foremost THE PEOPLE.

The Federal Government is so far out in left field, given themselves so many illegal powers that it is up to the States to fight back.

This is no random assault on a flag that some goofballs compare to pro Racist. It is a first punch at the Southern States who are so close to telling D.C. to go pound sand again, you have no idea. Obama and his Liberal lunatics are taunting the South to stop him. He will push and push until the South punches him in the face. Figurative speaking obviously.

Figurative speaking
I like that!

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge
The Confederate flag was raised to separate from a tyrannical federal Government and their pansies who wanted to PUSH the southern states around, kind of just like today!!!!

Yes, damn those tyrannical northern states wanting southern states to stop slavery! Its like the north is trying to make south its slaves, no one want that!

Trying to suppress history only leads to repeating its mistakes. Saying that something is wrong leads to people rallying around it even more than before. Who even gave a rats arse about the confederate flag 10 years ago?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: merka

Who even gave a rats arse about the confederate flag 10 years ago?
Apparently, quite a few.

www.sptimes.com...
usatoday30.usatoday.com...
www.sptimes.com...

edit on 7/4/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Its unfortunate to read the insensitivities and indifference on this thread. Damn the fact that some of the people who lived through jim crow and the terror wrought by groups and individuals that used this flag as identification are still alive and well. This isnt just people who are offended, this is a group of people who have been in this country for hundreds of years. And now you express that they should just "get over" a symbol of an era that is a little more that 50 years ago. Its enough that people can fly a treasonous flag on their personal property, but to just let it go on public land too?...c'mon man.

This isnt just "being offended", thanks to people like some of you all posting (who I'm sure had relatives that just got to this country 100 years ago) the sore of a festering wound will not be healed. It will just be open and gaping only to be infected again.

Instead of having the mindset that it should just be gotten over, how about using a little empathy and thinking about how it might feel to see the same flag that was flown while dogs and fire-hoses were used on people flying in those same people's state capital city.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: irishhaf

Everyone south of the mason-dixon line supported the "southern way", which happened to incorporate dehumanizing black folks, aka: slavery/jim crow/racism. Prove me wrong...i'll wait.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge

The Confederate flag was raised to separate from a tyrannical federal Government and their pansies who wanted to PUSH the southern states around, kind of just like today!!!!

Yes the North was pushing those states around wanting them to stop using slave labor how mean of them.

The Federal Governments job is to work for THE STATES and first and foremost THE PEOPLE.

Mind showing one example where the federal government actually worked for all the people and not just a select few.

This is no random assault on a flag that some goofballs compare to pro Racist.

According to the VP of the Confederacy it was pro racist. When he states that the reason the Confederacy was formed because it was God's will that blacks remain in their place as slaves to the white man because they were not equal. Not to mention every racist hate group in the country flies that flag.

It is a first punch at the Southern States who are so close to telling D.C. to go pound sand again, you have no idea.

Sorry but the welfare Southern states aren't going to do anything against their sugar daddy. Without the Federal government the economy in the south would collapse overnight.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
is dylan roof the descendant of a confederate soldier? and if not, how exactly does that flag have anything at all to do with him?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: michaelbrux
is dylan roof the descendant of a confederate soldier? and if not, how exactly does that flag have anything at all to do with him?

You mean besides the fact that he posed for pics flying the flag?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

but i'm asking, what is his personal connection to the Flag he's holding? or is he just someone who decided to take a big crap all over it, possessing no understanding of it.

that flag was carried by the confederate Army...those soldiers didn't go into the field to fight on their own...they did so because they were asked to; probably by their Moms.

50,000 boys died in two days at Gettysburg...all Americans.

and now someone is trying to act like they never existed?

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: michaelbrux

just as i thought...50,000 dead American men and boys in 36 hours means nothing to the vast majority of people and hopefully the vast majority also understands when the sentiment is returned.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

50000 dead men is written in the history books. If you want to know you can read about american history and it will at least open the door to more research of a bygone era of the usa. But consider this, as much as people are tired of hearing about black folks complain about their woes, they will always have a complaint as long as southern era romancers wax and wain about jow much pride they have in their southern heratage.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: doclec

i don't have to read a book to receive greater understanding about myself. 625,000 Americans died in about 4 years and what I suspect to be foreigners have decided now that half of those souls are of little or no significance. as you can all surmise, I was not one of them, albeit, i was my fathers were present.

black folks fought, killed and died, under both of those flags for any number of reasons...this is not about race or social structure, but an attack upon America, just as 9/11 was an attack.

at the end of the civil war, Lincoln was dead and Jefferson went to prison.

Please tell me who is doing this..

edit on 4-7-2015 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

I agree for the most part. Each of those men died fighting for the principles they believed in, and that is why they all are significant. Unfortunately during reconstruction, the immigration policies loosened and created the melting pot that we all simmer in now, whether we like it or not. People came here that did not fully understand the history of this country, then had children which would understand the history even less and the cycle would continue until we have what we see today (a white washing of history, pun intended). But you know your ancestors history as do I. So wave your flag with pride as an individual or family or private business for that matter, but take it off of anything that is publicly shared land.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
As far as the flag is concerned, I do think it should be taken down from all State/Federal government buildings. And any state flags that feature the flag should be revised or reverted to what they were before. I prefer putting them back the way they were previously.

I see all sorts of people saying "It's just a flag, why is it that big of a deal?" That's a huge argument I've been seeing. The whole "It's just a meaningless symbol" rubbish. Just a symbol huh? Then why do I see the same exact people nearly religiously upholding the American flag? And going insane when they see some schmuck burning an American flag? Why have I seen these same people going wild when gay people made the flag rainbow-styled in honor of gay marriage? Doesn't sound like flags in the U.S. are just simply meaningless symbols. My fellow Americans are very touchy when it comes to their symbolism it seems. As soon as EVERYONE on all sides sits down and doesn't give a damn about any American symbol of freedom/heritage/independance and so on, I won't take such an argument seriously whatsoever.

I've also been seeing the "It's Southern Pride/heritage!" nonsense. So, why do I not see people babbling about "Northern pride/heritage" ever? Never seen it, nor heard of it. Explain to me why southern states have so much more pride compared to the rest of the states. What do they even have pride in? It's such a shallow and vague statement to begin with. And where's all of this southern pride prior to the lead up/start of the civil war? If that mantra even existed, they certainly weren't flying Confederate flags at the time. Pretty ironic these flags started popping up AFTER the end of the war as well. Plus, it doesn't help that the flag you chose is literally called "The Confederate Flag." Come on man....

I don't think it's "offensive" or "racist." But the fact remains it served as a flag that literally tried to destroy America as we known it. It's a flag that was flown against American soldiers as they died. It's a flag of disgrace, treason, and dishonor if you ask me.

Although, I think people should be able to own them freely. So long as it's on private/personal property. It's covered by the 1st amendment. Doesn't matter if I love the flag or hate it. I don't think it should be "book-burned" out of history forever. And it doesn't matter what I feel about companies pulling episodes or merchandise. It's up to their own discretion. But I feel it has no place at all on state/federal property. Let's keep it with the American flag. Not a flag that was flown against America.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join