It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got pulled over today .

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I went to visit my mom and stopped to get something to eat after leaving . So I went to Famous Recipe ( chicken joint ) hit the drive-through and pulled out.

Leaving there is a 1 lane road that turns into a 2 Lane road with a really long stoplight at the end. I pulled behind a SUV doing approximately 15 miles an hour under the speed limit . When the lane went to 2 lane. I got in that lane downshifted into second , shifted to third with a long bark of the tires in order to make the red light when it was at the yellow stage .

I looked in the mirror and the SUV had barely made the light also but with a 2 car gap between him and I . So I cut over to his lane for the upcoming left-hand turn . The SUV honked at me, my window was down so of course I flipped him off !!!!!

That's is when his blue lights came on . Lol

If you read the description I will freely admit I was being a jerk . So the first thing that came to mind was what comes to the mind of anyone that instantly comes to the realization they were being a jerk and know it . "CRAP!!!!"

After the initial panic of seeing the blue lights in the mirror I gave him a thumbs up meaning I was pulling over . He followed procedure stopped the car and ran my plates before he approach the vehicle. I kept my hands firmly on the wheel at the 10 and 2 o'clock position until he was at my window .

Then I told him I'm going to reach in my pocket for my license and the glove box for my insurance is that OK? I could see he was taken aback a little. His reply was that's not only OK but very smart for asking .

I showed him the necessary license and paperwork, he then asked me "do you know what you did" ? I told him Yep .,,,, I felt you were driving slow I accelerated around you went through a yellow light then pulled back into your lane. I went further to state he honked at me and I flipped him off . He added to my statement that he would probably be mad if I didn't make him smile with a thumbs up .

Again he didn't have much to say after all what could he say I was honest .

When he returned to my vehicle the first thing he said is I am not going to write you up . Thank you for being honest and frank plus it's damn hot and muggy . ( which made me laugh )

Like most cops though he didn't want a good moment to go to waste . So I got a good lecture on the dangers of flipping people off. Which I agree with but in all probability I'm not going to stop anytime in the foreseeable future .

The man offered me his hand told me to have a nice day and enjoy the Fourth of July and I shook his hand and left with rekindle respect for police officers .

The moral to my story is. Most cops are not ego driven diluted assholes. To many of them they want to help and they are on the job . Your best bet when you get pulled over is to be honest and treat them like you would anyone else that is doing their job .

No one likes to be lied to it only irritates and inflame's any situation .
edit on 2-7-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Good laugh, good story, good cop.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Great thread, glad you shared this experience here on ATS lol I've had a similar incident only the police officer was in plain clothes and I didn't have my license with me, and he immediately thought I was a little thug-criminal (or didn't have the privilege to drive), and there was NO comedic relief. No ticket either, so that was good. Your story was much better though lol

PS I drive more safely now

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

did u change ur avatar?

they say beautiful woman can always talk they way out of getting a ticket

EDIT: loved ur music thread
lurked in got some amazing stuff !!!
edit on 2-7-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester

Good laugh, good story, good cop.

Thanks

There some good advice in there also .

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Honestly through personal experience. I have found that when you treat a police officer or even mention that all he's doing is his Job they seem to like to hear that .

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Amazing how showing some respect and honesty works out aye?

Great story and thanks for sharing!

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Very cool. I almost began blasting you before I read the entire thread. Assuming of course you were going to rant and rave about how you were unjustly questioned and how all cops are assholes.

Nice story. Cops are people they just have a sucky job.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: FamCore

Honestly through personal experience. I have found that when you treat a police officer or even mention that all he's doing is his Job they seem to like to hear that .

It sounds as though you have a lot of experience dealing with cops. Hmmmm......

(just teasing. have a good weekend.)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Breaking of traction is classified as reckless driving....6 points on the driving record.
You should go purchase a lottery ticket A.S.A.P!

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: highfromphoenix

Very cool. I almost began blasting you before I read the entire thread. Assuming of course you were going to rant and rave about how you were unjustly questioned and how all cops are assholes.

Nice story. Cops are people they just have a sucky job.

Look up the paradoxical commandments they are a excellent outlook on life .

Never mind here they are .......

The Paradoxical Commandments

"People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered.
Love them anyway.

If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives.
Do good anyway.

If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies.
Succeed anyway.

The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow.
Do good anyway.

Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable.
Be honest and frank anyway.

The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds.
Think big anyway.

People favor underdogs but follow only top dogs.
Fight for a few underdogs anyway.

What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight.
Build anyway.

People really need help but may attack you if you do help them.
Help people anyway.

Give the world the best you have and you'll get kicked in the teeth.
Give the world the best you have anyway."

Kent Keith

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Here in the UK anyone can buy the police drivers handbook and learn to drive the way they've been trained. The only time it's been a disadvantage to me was when I was giving a criminal a ride and I suggested he read the book to improve his driving. It was like it burned his hand. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly

did u change ur avatar?

You are probably right. My ex has gotten out of about 10 tickets with me in the car even.
"oh? I didn't know I had to have my lights on at night..."

I'm sure greathouse is a pretty man too. Hahahaha...

Lol...

edit on 2-7-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
You bowed down to the man! You should have rolled your window down 1/2 an inch and repeatedly asked if you were being detained instead of answering any questions! And also used both hands to flip him the bird instead of just one because reasons! And also had an AR strapped to your back and then begun questioning him as to why he didn't support the 2nd amendment!

That's all I got. Honestly my heart isn't in it to come up with a good and ridiculous rant. Your beard is too epic.

Stop laying rubber. Check the grille before you indicate how much you think the other driver is #1. Have a good 4th. Drive safe, wear your seatbelt, drink milk.

(That was tongue in cheek. I'm sure you get it, others may not. Except for the drink milk part. And wearing your seatbelt.)
edit on 2-7-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly

did u change ur avatar?

EDIT: loved ur music thread
lurked in got some amazing stuff !!!

Yeah I do it every summer until September 6th.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
You bowed down to the man! You should have rolled your window down 1/2 an inch and repeatedly asked if you were being detained instead of answering any questions! And also used both hands to flip him the bird instead of just one because reasons! And also had an AR strapped to your back and then begun questioning him as to why he didn't support the 2nd amendment!

That's all I got. Honestly my heart isn't in it to come up with a good and ridiculous rant. Your beard is too epic.

Stop laying rubber. Check the grille before you indicate how much you think the other driver is #1. Have a good 4th. Drive safe, wear your seatbelt, drink milk.

(That was tongue in cheek. I'm sure you get it, others may not. Except for the drink milk part. And wearing your seatbelt.)

Only one lecture per road check officer ? Lol

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

I wouldn't know

have been driving crazy stupid 11 years and never got a ticket

not even for parking (one warning but that is it
)

but have been rage driving the other day in full mist
doing 120km/h in plain blank .. took a leap of faith

hit a hole swayed and the bonet on my baby completely popped out
(I call him that cause he gives me freedom .. I often just drive for hours camp in the car .. have a little bong fire and a potatoe .. park outside the gates of outdoor cinema .. I sometimes take my two cats and walk them on leash and head home when I am ready)

but yeah what a dick.. don't even know how to pump air in my tires now this

wait a minute what a long story .. my bad anyway I guess I had to let that one out
thank you confession booth
edit on 2-7-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I just totaled my car last month. The second cop (A Florida HP) who showed up as my vehicle was being towed away gives me a ticket for $166 for failure to use due caution.
Other than my 'vette was ugly everything else was fine. No other involvement other than a few posts ripped up on the side of I-75.
I honestly don't know what happened. I was going into the passing lane on a dry road and I HAD good tires going about 2 MPH faster than the limit on a sunny early afternoon. WTF happened? I do not know. Certainly neither did he.
So I asked him, "What's with the ticket?"
"It's policy.'

Policy driven by what?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

lol I shed a little skin too on on that day

man I am glad
if I knew it was you I love your crazy
I felt the music thread was USA inclusive didn't want to barge in
but cool !!! really really cool stuff

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

Maybe you need better tires to be driving like that?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join