It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got pulled over today .

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: grainofsand
Myself maybe it's because I'm American but I would just move my foot and avoid the whole issue .

Or maybe just because you are American you are conditioned to comply automatically to bull# rules through fear of being shot?
'Near' the line on the floor is good enough for UK border forces, it is why UK folk visiting your nation are shocked by the style of control your officials enforce.
Are you really arguing against me on that sort of issue, really?
You are well more controlled than we are, heck, we can cross any road aside from 70 mph motorways without getting a ticket.

...and so many of your citizens on ATS call us 'subjects of the Crown' lol, we are free and safe dealing with our officials compared to you guys.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I spent five weeks belting through 5 states in a then new convertible '05 Mustang .

Everyone I met was friendly, polite and very hospitable. Including the Utah cop that pulled me over for doing
85 mph in a 70 zone.

He was friendly and professional whilst I was friendly and forthcoming. The result was a written warning and me
doing the speed limit - 'till I hit Arizona!

I am sure that had I got mouthy and attitudinal, the result would have been different.

I am an Aussie and recommend a visit to the States ... sure bad stuff happens but that is the case anywhere
and lets face it, we hear more about the US ( mostly negative ) than anywhere else.

@ Greathouse

Cool thread !!

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

honestly it's got nothing to do with fear of being shot. It's called respect in order to get it you have to give it.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

honestly it's got nothing to do with fear of being shot. It's called respect in order to get it you have to give it.

The one time I was tazed twice, and the one time I thought I was going to get knocked out by a HUGE cop I was being not so nice.. Well, the time I got tazed was some messed up #, but I'll let that go because the cop tried to make it soooo much worse, and I ended up with 0 charges.. No pun intended obviously.

It's really not as bad as it sounds.. I've been in a high speed chase.. I've run on foot.. Not me driving.. Not my fault..
I mean.. I used to know all of the cops' faces..

I'm fine.. Just be nice, really.

Oh and don't look black.. That's key in some areas. That's not a joke. Sorry PC police..
edit on 2-7-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I think most cops can be under a lot of stress considering the job they do. I think if you treat them with respect and are honest, they appreciate it. Having said that, if a cop is having a stressful or bad day, it can reflect on how he reacts when he pulls someone over. They're only human just like everyone else.

I'm sure if it was a cop who was having a bad day, and you started giving him lip service, it wouldn't have ended on a happy note. Nobody likes to deal with someone who has a piss poor attitude or has a chip on their shoulder.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
You couldn't pay me enough to be a cop, they've got a crappy tough job.

Wearing 30 lbs of gear in 600 degree weather, standing in -35 celsius temps directing traffic for an hour after a car accident, pulling people over for humdrum everyday stuff like a bad rerun all day long, listening to people whine and cry and trying to weasel their way out of something so blatantly obvious, saving old ladies' cats from trees.

I got nothing but respect for (most) of them.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Stop watching so much YouTube.

Jesus Christ.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

ROTFL!!!! Too funny, and nice of him to laugh it off. Yeah, most are like that, from what I have seen as well. The jerks are the rare ones.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

Lol

I've had some really good experience with cops and I have had some really bad experiences with cops . But if I look back in hindsight. My attitude dictated the way I was dealt with for the most part .

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I agree just like anyone else they have their bad days.

(post by HenryLee removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Lol

I've had some really good experience with cops and I have had some really bad experiences with cops . But if I look back in hindsight. My attitude dictated the way I was dealt with for the most part .

I really like 95% of all the cops I have talked to. Lots of noise complaints and parties getting broken up. My favorite was a Sheriff. He came up and told us that we had about 50 cars parked on a state highway.. And that was VERY illegal he told us.. I didn't realize it was (a highway).. But because me and my ex came up to him as real people, to take responsibility for the party and craziness, and told him everything that was going on (as if he was a real human being too) all he did was take our information down, and tell us that in the morning there better not be any trash in the road..

Then I shook his hand, as a high five grasp and finger snap.. And then we both laughed at the freshmen jumping over the barbed wire at the back of the house and running down the hill.. It was pretty funny to watch.

I did pick up the trash at sun up, and most of it was more beer to drink....

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

pick up the trash at sun up, and most of it was more beer to drink....

Some people would ask why you did it. You and I both know the answer is because it's the right thing to do .

That pretty much sums up the theme of this thread. Treat others how you want to be treated, do not prejudge any human being .

If you go into the situation with a chip on your shoulder. 10 times out of 10 the cops will knock it off .

Dealing with cops really falls under this old rule .......

" Do I want to be right or do I want to be happy ? " ( personally I use that almost exclusively for the missus and the cops ) lol

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

That man walked into a war zone and stood there with people going nuts around him.
I walked up like a man and respected him.

People are good people when you are good to people.

Respect is awesome.

I respect you Greathouse.
edit on 2-7-2015 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: largo
I just totaled my car last month. The second cop (A Florida HP) who showed up as my vehicle was being towed away gives me a ticket for $166 for failure to use due caution.
Other than my 'vette was ugly everything else was fine. No other involvement other than a few posts ripped up on the side of I-75.
I honestly don't know what happened. I was going into the passing lane on a dry road and I HAD good tires going about 2 MPH faster than the limit on a sunny early afternoon. WTF happened? I do not know. Certainly neither did he.
So I asked him, "What's with the ticket?"
"It's policy.'

Policy driven by what?

Sounds like Cobb

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Sorry to hear that you got pulled over. I'm glad that all went well and you only got a lecture. Honesty is always the best thing. I notice that it shakes them up a bit though. They're not used to it.

BTW, that wasn't Lee's Famous Recipe, is it? I love that place.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Hell yeah Lee's is the only cold slaw I will eat !!!

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Individual police officers make money off of tickets in the US?

Well crap, I have been doing it wrong for a decade.

No wonder I don't make much.

Or maybe it's different in Florida?
edit on 2-7-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I read somewhere that Lee was Colonel Sanders's nephew or something. Anywho, I like them a lot better than Kentucky fried. I really miss eating there. There isn't one where I am now.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   

I'd paid to see your face with this blue reflect on it

You did EXACTLY what police officer appreciate: being honest , understand he has a job to do, showed no aggressive attitude . Gee you even gave him a good time

Don't know the stats in the US but here in Québec with the right attitude / not being a dangerous driver you get more than 50% chances not getting that fine...

Keep the spirit friend!!!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join