It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Got pulled over today .

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Cool story, those cops do exist. I've met them myself. I got pulled over for doing 22 over in a 65 zone (highway obviously) on my 22'nd bday. Cop took my license, reg, insurance...the usual. He came back to my car and said "you know what today is right?" Of course I replied "uhh Tuesday?". He hands me my license back, stern look on his face, says "look you better slow down on your damn birthday, or i'll give you a ticket next time, slow the hell down speedy" I remember those exact words. Cool cop.

Now though I think back about all the corrupt cops on that small department. While I got lucky with the nice one, he worked there the whole time and never tried to make a difference in his job. The illegal literally didn't apply to his co-workers. It's not the problem of good cops are out there, it's the problem of good cops don't arrest the bad ones.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

I dont think most of us really have anything against cops in general. And to be honest, I once upon a time wanted to become one. And ultimately end up becoming a detective. I mean, what better job than to truly be protecting citizens from unfairness and criminal? To serve and protect (not the few but the many)

Unfortunately, over the years that unfairness and criminal activity has shifted into many cop's direction. To the point where I wouldnt join today under this system because of the looming police state and the murders many cops have committed to innocent people. I probably wouldnt last a day in the force because I would be speaking out against corruption and crime. (End up like the snow*)

But nice share man, I am glad cops like that are around. I know not all cops are bad, I know quite a few of them myself and they are honest people. Its the bad apples that tend to ruin the image. Unfortunately those bad apples are at the top of the food chain and its nearly impossible to prosecute them without exposure and the many risks.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

Unfortunately, over the years that unfairness and criminal activity has shifted into many cop's direction. To the point where I wouldnt join today

But what better way would there be to protect people and their rights then to join with the sole purpose of exposing them ?

That's one thing that depresses me today. Lots of idealism very little action .

edit on 3-7-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
I went to visit my mom and stopped to get something to eat after leaving . So I went to Famous Recipe ( chicken joint ) hit the drive-through and pulled out.

Leaving there is a 1 lane road that turns into a 2 Lane road with a really long stoplight at the end. I pulled behind a SUV doing approximately 15 miles an hour under the speed limit . When the lane went to 2 lane. I got in that lane downshifted into second , shifted to third with a long bark of the tires in order to make the red light when it was at the yellow stage .

I looked in the mirror and the SUV had barely made the light also but with a 2 car gap between him and I . So I cut over to his lane for the upcoming left-hand turn . The SUV honked at me, my window was down so of course I flipped him off !!!!!

That's is when his blue lights came on . Lol

If you read the description I will freely admit I was being a jerk . So the first thing that came to mind was what comes to the mind of anyone that instantly comes to the realization they were being a jerk and know it . "CRAP!!!!"

After the initial panic of seeing the blue lights in the mirror I gave him a thumbs up meaning I was pulling over . He followed procedure stopped the car and ran my plates before he approach the vehicle. I kept my hands firmly on the wheel at the 10 and 2 o'clock position until he was at my window .

Then I told him I'm going to reach in my pocket for my license and the glove box for my insurance is that OK? I could see he was taken aback a little. His reply was that's not only OK but very smart for asking .

I showed him the necessary license and paperwork, he then asked me "do you know what you did" ? I told him Yep .,,,, I felt you were driving slow I accelerated around you went through a yellow light then pulled back into your lane. I went further to state he honked at me and I flipped him off . He added to my statement that he would probably be mad if I didn't make him smile with a thumbs up .

Again he didn't have much to say after all what could he say I was honest .

When he returned to my vehicle the first thing he said is I am not going to write you up . Thank you for being honest and frank plus it's damn hot and muggy . ( which made me laugh )

Like most cops though he didn't want a good moment to go to waste . So I got a good lecture on the dangers of flipping people off. Which I agree with but in all probability I'm not going to stop anytime in the foreseeable future .

The man offered me his hand told me to have a nice day and enjoy the Fourth of July and I shook his hand and left with rekindle respect for police officers .

The moral to my story is. Most cops are not ego driven diluted assholes. To many of them they want to help and they are on the job . Your best bet when you get pulled over is to be honest and treat them like you would anyone else that is doing their job .

No one likes to be lied to it only irritates and inflame's any situation .

While I'm told my experience with police is not the norm...and that most cops are asses...I don't agree. Sure, there will always be bad cops and police "persons" in a bad mood. But when you find a place where the police are always considered bad, rude, mean etc...my guess is that the citizens have become asses and the police fight fire with fire. I mean, when a cop is doing his job and pulls someone over who rolls down the window and gives him attitude...what do people expect.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   

well you showed that you respected his authority. it doesn't surprise me that he let you off. he's a rational person, he wouldn't have passed the cop exam if he wasn't, he also knew that you didn't know who he was, in his unmarked unit. An idiot would go off on you, but probably seen it all by now, and since you showed you respect his position he's not going to sweat letting you go with a warning.
edit on 7/3/2015 by Brainiac because: more...

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brainiac

well you showed that you respected his authority. it doesn't surprise me that he let you off.

Or maybe it was more simple than that. He didn't act like a prick.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
A lot of people that did concur with my opinion I did not reply to . It's not that I don't appreciate the words that were given. It's just that I feel after most of the statements nothing else really needs to be said !!!

Thank you all !

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: SoulSurfer

Unfortunately, over the years that unfairness and criminal activity has shifted into many cop's direction. To the point where I wouldnt join today

But what better way would there be to protect people and their rights then to join with the sole purpose of exposing them ?

That's one thing that depresses me today. Lots of idealism very little action .

You are not the only one depressed on that. But you need to understand also, that some people who dwell deep into the rabbit hole knows full well what happens to those who even try to change anything from within. They end up brutally murdered, tortured, exiled or even framed for a crime they didn't commit.

Truth is treason in an empire of lies. But you are right, and while I do feel bad about it, I know myself and the extent of my own limitations. My journey has made me aware of the truth in this world, so I can't really complain about my path either. I've become somewhat of a "scholar- philosopher- and in a way I have a library in my brain. ( The only thing I could never bring myself to learn was math.)

But right now Im wise enough to not try anything that would put my life in jeopardy at least directly. I think im more fit presently to be a media outlet than anything else. I mean my knowledge has to be shared somehow right?

cheers man, and I do hope for change.

(post by JourneymanWelder removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JourneymanWelder

Yep take one instance that I freely admitted to. Assume that is my Life long M.O. Then attack on a personal level based on assumption, supposition and implied reasoning. All the while clearly ignoring the theme of the thread .

You better be careful around here .

(post by JourneymanWelder removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
a reply to: grainofsand

Individual police officers make money off of tickets in the US?

Well crap, I have been doing it wrong for a decade.

No wonder I don't make much.

Nope, you clearly misread my post, here I'll quote it again:

Police departments/constabularies don't make any money out of penalties/fines

I didn't say individual officers or constables, you invented that.

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

You are correct.

I misread.

Thanks for the correction.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

Hey no worries, and for the record I have respect for all the referees (police) walking the beat, but the fact remains, there is no financial incentive for any UK police department/force/constabulary to ticket us. All fines go to central government, and constabularies beg for the annual budget same as every other.
Our cops care about public safety, minor bull# crimes and even certain substances are ignored.

I made a thread last year about police in my area:
Is it police numbers or a nice environment that keeps the peace, or is it just a crazy mix?
...it explains my perspective, as right now in holiday season there is roughly 1 cop available at any given time for every 5000 citizens, mostly only carrying batons, and less than one in ten having a tazer. They are vastly outnumbered and rely on our help at times, I've assisted a few times myself, as my friends also have.

We actually like our referee/cops here, perhaps because nobody is scared of them.

posted on Jul, 5 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join