It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We watch Dukes of Hazzard and we are not racist. How many agree with that?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

does not TV play a big roll in how people behave today. so if they portray stereo typical types why are there not more like those whom they watch? Or was there?

lets see how empires plays out in influencing the black population of our nation.

Dukes of Hazard, I am sure, influenced life style changes and attitudes towards law enforcement.

edit on 2-7-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

I never really liked the show. The physics were all wrong for the jumps they made.

It upset me.

Never really paid attention to the car.

Just Daisy Duke.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: rationalconsumer

your wrong the southern lifestyle is not racist and neither are the people who live it today, like myself.

So some people in the south are racist so dump the whole southern population under the bus?

Southern Lifestyle is family centered, teaching good morals and family values. should we not recognize that or just erase it all because of the actions of a few?

No I thro not.

I don't think that a lifestyle can be racist, but it can be associated with racism through certain signals, behaviors, and history. Removing a show doesn't dump a whole population under a bus or erase anything. The removing of the show is a signal to society of this association between the South and racism. The show isn't gone for ever. Folks should take it as advice to try harder rather than pretending that racism doesn't exist.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

Never really paid attention to the car.

Just Daisy Duke.

Everyone knows Daisy Duke was a racist reference to David Duke.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn The CMT network still has the show on. Primewire seems to have all episodes, every season. Streaming from the vidzi link seems easiest. That site also has 3 DoH movies, though one is probably not for kids. primewire DoH

edit on 2-7-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer
Do you know how many 'General Lee's' were destoyed in that show? 300 Chargers were used. They totaled an average of two per episode filmed.
If you watch, you will see them buckle in some scenes when they land, as the frame bends or breaks.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: rationalconsumer

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: rationalconsumer

I watch Dukes of Hazard and I am not a racist.

We watch Dukes of Hazard and we am not a racist.

I'm not sure that the show is being removed because it's an attempt to call anyone that watches it a racist. There are many shows that end up getting cancelled, removed, suspended, etc., because of the values that they come to represent. For example, Honey Boo Boo was removed, not because anybody who watched it was a child molester, but because of what it came to represent. Of course, I think that anyone who wanted to continue watching and got upset about it probably has questionable values.

The removal of DoH, I think, has more to do with what the "southern lifestyle" has come to represent. Folks who hold on to these old-timey ideals really haven't done enough to separate themselves from slavery and racism, and our modern world is finally saying that we don't accept that anymore!

I would hope you were just joking with that statement. I believe that you are more intelligent than to post a statement like that seriously,

Maybe I'm not as intelligent as you believe me to be. I don't know what your beliefs are. Do you have an alternate theory as to why the show was cancelled, if what I said in bold is erroneous?

You posted that was your beliefs as you stared the statement with "I think" . Most people in the South now would consider your statements as very offensive.I dont know where you live , etc but from that I can see you have never been to the southern US . Possibly do not even know someone from here. Maybe in the days prior to the 60s would that statement be true but i assure you not now. Do we still have some of that? Surely. There is probably just as much stil in the North .But it has way been on the way out.So , please do not post tripe just because you heard it or read it and think it to be true. I assure you it is not...
edit on 2-7-2015 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

EVERYONE on Gilligan's Island was white!..Just sayin'.

There was the episode with a Japanese soldier left over from WWII.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

which race is the most racist today? White or Black?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Zionist Jews.
Which could be white or black.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
You posted that was your beliefs as you stared the statement with "I think" . Most people in the South now would consider your statements as very offensive.I dont know where you live , etc but from that I can see you have never been to the southern US . Possibly do not even know someone from here. Maybe in the days prior to the 60s would that statement be true but i assure you not now. Do we still have some of that? Surely. There is probably just as much stil in the North .But it has way been on the way out.So , please do not post tripe just because you heard it or read it and think it to be true. I assure you it is not...

My thoughts on continuing overt/covert racism in the South and many other places in the US are based on what I have observed over the past three decades, so occasional anecdotes to the contrary from a few folks who live in South isn't really going to change my thoughts all that much. The fact that folks want to cry victim over the removal of a show and get so defensive about old-timey values just means that you are as entrenched or more entrenched than I am.

However, do you have an alternate idea for why the show was removed?
edit on 2-7-2015 by rationalconsumer because: spelling

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

boy you have issues

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Good point.
Let's keep G.I.
BTW: Maryann or Ginger?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

which race is the most racist today? White or Black?

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Zionist Jews.
Which could be white or black.

This is off the rails. I think that we have to start with some common understanding of what racism actually is. I'm not prepared to give a lesson today, so I'll just step away.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Not true.

There was a black guy,. While everyone was chasing Ginger or Mary Ann and letting Gilligan screw up everything, the black guy made a signal flare and was rescued in 45 minutes.

He left the crazy white people on the island.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Good point.
Let's keep G.I.

Mary Ann.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The Andy Griffith show will be demonized into an ultra police state no-go zone.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The Andy Griffith show will be demonized into an ultra police state no-go zone.

I heard Aunt Bee was "Breaking Bad".

Just sayin'

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Good point.
Let's keep G.I.

Mary Ann.

Yeah. Mary Ann made those 'Daisy Dukes' shorts famous long before 'Dukes of Hazzard'.
s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...

edit on 2-7-2015 by IAMTAT because: image added

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
My thoughts on continuing overt/covert racism in the South and many other places in the US are based on what I have observed

Where have you observed ? Do you live in the south with it's people ? .Have you observed racism in the south firsthand ? I am guessing no (near 100% probability), What I would say to you is quit listening to the mantra of the progressive liberals , and come to the Southern US and experience it firsthand.It would be an eye-opening experience for you and you would learn it is not what you have been told......But of course , biased people never see the real side...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join