It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We watch Dukes of Hazzard and we are not racist. How many agree with that?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: rationalconsumer

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: rationalconsumer

your wrong the southern lifestyle is not racist and neither are the people who live it today, like myself.

So some people in the south are racist so dump the whole southern population under the bus?

Southern Lifestyle is family centered, teaching good morals and family values. should we not recognize that or just erase it all because of the actions of a few?

No I thro not.

I don't think that a lifestyle can be racist, but it can be associated with racism through certain signals, behaviors, and history. Removing a show doesn't dump a whole population under a bus or erase anything. The removing of the show is a signal to society of this association between the South and racism. The show isn't gone for ever. Folks should take it as advice to try harder rather than pretending that racism doesn't exist.

Why the show isn't racist neither are the people who watch it? Punishing people who do watch it on that network isn't going to change a thing at all considering those ones are not racist!

PS. am sure the Federal Government asked their administration leaning network to do this.
edit on 2-7-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
So if the ban hammer is coming down on classic TV shows I would like re-runs of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air to be banned, every episode with a white person they are portrayed as a simple minded bubbling goofy half wit.

Even as a kid I thought this show was pretty racist towards white people.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Ban 'The Jeffersons'...Thomas Jefferson owned slaves....Raaaacist!

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
How about Archie Bunker/All in the Family for the racist remarks?

Oh, it's only about centering on the South.

edit on 2-7-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Nothing is getting banned people....

A station made a choice, they were not told to.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Nothing is getting banned people....

A station made a choice, they were not told to.

The station did not clarify why they chose this. Do you have an update on it?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Why would tv land of all stations be the only one told they had to?

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

I watch Dukes of Hazard and I am not a racist.

Dukes never once promoted anything but equality in their shows and for people to get all up in a roar because one lone wolfy was a racist and stood in front of the confederate battle flag doesn't make dukes a racist show.

I know they will say it is just the flag on the vehicle but it is much more than just the flag it is the whole southern lifestyle.

Do you know how many people of color are of the southern lifestyle?

Viacom is wrong in its decision to remove the show from viewing. My kids are very unhappy they can no longer watch it on TV.

We watch Dukes of Hazard and we am not a racist.

I'm racist and I do NOT watch the Dukes of Hazzard...What's wrong with me???

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT
Ok I gave you a star for that.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: butcherguy

EVERYONE on Gilligan's Island was white!..Just sayin'.

There was the episode with a Japanese soldier left over from WWII.

He arrived in a one man sub......and his glasses were 2 inches thick. Good episode.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Tell me there is not some kind of agenda going on here with this whole confederate flag thing.
For instance look at this Dukes of Hazard autotrader commercial from over a year ago and notice no flag on the General lee already before all this hoopla started.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

Because it was before this hoopla started that people were against it...

Companies in general have been shying away from it for a while.

Nascar and walmart was like the only places you could find it at.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

It's all about Daisy
and muscle cars
as far as I was
ever concerned.

YumYum

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
To be honest, I loved this show as a kid. Of course I didn't know what the flag meant back then either, hell, to be honest, I didn't even know it was a flag. I just thought it was some design. Funny thing is, I had the toy car, but it didn't have a flag on it. Maybe I had the generic version, after all, we were some poo folks you know.

I could really care less about the flag anyway, I will still watch the show. The General Lee was a nice car, but Boss Hog's caddy was better.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: proob4

That was a great watch. I never saw that one

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
This latest nonsense with the Dukes of Hazzard is just like when Paula Dean admitted in court that she had said the N-word back in the eighties, then Walmart promptly removed anything that had her name on it to the clearance shelves.

But in reality, if they were so self righteous, they would have removed every rap and hip hop CD that contained that very same oh so offensive word.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: rationalconsumer

a reply to: rationalconsumer

but the Southern Lifestyle is not racist only certain people are.

So it is an error to judge all by the acts of a few.

I watch Dukes of Hazard and I am not a racist.

Like I said, this has nothing to do with whether you are a racist or not.

The "southern lifestyle" is indeed associated with racism via history, even up through our lifetimes due to the statements of political figures, the media, and multiple folks with a soapbox that are from the South. Anecdotes from our friends and family of confederate "pride" activities, being followed home at night because they are brown, and continued covert segregation allow us to cement it in our minds. This type of stuff isn't widespread everywhere in the country. The fact that the South hasn't really atoned for what it has done leaves a bad taste in the mouth of a lot of folks.

You really need to study history. Slavery is bs. But you really dont know what you are talking about. 94% of people in the confederacy had zero slaves. So, to go and say that southern culture is the problem is disengenous. Basically, youre just another person filled with hate. If you cared about actual slavery youd be concerned about those tech products we all use that support real slavery, from Africa to China, right now. Look it up. Get informed. This war against being white and from the South is a load of horse turds. Ya, there are lots of #ty people. There are lots of #ty people from the North too but we dont go blaming northern culture for jeffrey dahmer.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Next it will be Beverly Hillbillies.

Or The Andy Griffith Show.
I think there was only one black person with a speaking role in 8 seasons.
Uh oh. I let the cat out of the bag.... bye Andy!

Gunsmoke had a lot of guns. Therefor racist. =p

I even had someone insenuate i was racist because I said how much I admire Malcolm X and his take on freedom and self defense. America is dumb as #.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Amos and Andy was a funny show but the PC bastards canned it too.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

a reply to: butcherguy

EVERYONE on Gilligan's Island was white!..Just sayin'.

There was the episode with a Japanese soldier left over from WWII.

Good point.
Let's keep G.I.
BTW: Maryann or Ginger?

Mary Ann.

Yeah. Mary Ann made those 'Daisy Dukes' shorts famous long before 'Dukes of Hazzard'.
s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...

Sorry to "burst your bubble" . Mary Ann wore some form of knit shorts. Daisy Dukes were cut-off blue jeans.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join