It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Interesting Point On The Traditional Family Unit

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Reminds me of goals 40 and 41 of The Communist Manifesto or whatever.

40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.

41. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to suppressive influence of parents.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

It sounds like more gay people would have saved them from having fatherless children.

Deadbeat parents are what causes that situation. Gay folks, like it or not, prevent that situation and often even adopt, reversing some of the damage.

Just saying that men sleeping around and not accepting responsibility for their children is the opposite of homosexuality.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ghostrager
Women initiate around 70% of divorces and recieve primary custody something like 80% of the time while getting child support the vast majority of time and most alimony is awarded to the female.

And that has what to do with the fall of Rome???

So most men are put in a position to work their ass of or go to jail.....

They DID make the kids. Shouldn't they support them?

maybe the lgtb community can fight for fathers rights now.

Maybe. I support fathers' rights. That doesn't mean women caused the fall of Rome...

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Just saying that men sleeping around and not accepting responsibility for their children is the opposite of homosexuality.

Deadbeat parents are what causes that situation. Gay folks, like it or not, prevent that situation and often even adopt, reversing some of the damage.

Misandric laws and court bias are what causes that situation. And have you seen the divorce rate among lesbians in western countries?! Divorce is detrimental to children, especially when having to be raised by a single mother.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: danielsil18
I have a Logic and Critical Thinking class in college right now and the OP has a fallacy called False Cause.

Here is a link that explains it in a simple way:

False Cause

Also:

God knew the family unit would be important for a stable society

How do you know that a god exists? and how do you know that god knew that?

The problem is that you didn't disprove the point. Yes, God may or may not exist and he may or may not have said the family unit would be important for stable society. God really isn't the point though in the debate. The debate is whether a family unit would be important for a stable society. I could careless if my drunk Uncle said it or Jesus.

This reminds me when we are debating a variety of topics and someone pulls up some facts / stats and the source may be say Fox News. Some one then responds that Fox News is "Faux News" but then never actually disproves the actual stats/ facts being quoted. Ok, so you don't like Fox News but that doesn't actually deconstruct the stats / facts presented.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

They DID make the kids. Shouldn't they support them?

BOTH parents should support them and not just finacially. They should have equal opportunity to raise them. Besides, are you agreeing that a man should go to jail if he can't afford child support? Then when he gets out of jail is often given only a few months to provide back pay or go back to jail? Or should a man be forced to pay child support for kids who were a product of an affair? These are just some examples of the many ways children and their fathers are screwed over. Hell, my judge decided to increase my income by 50% so my ex would get more child support, I just wish she had given me a raise too.

And that has what to do with the fall of Rome???

Of course I'm not blaming women for the fall of Rome. But destruction of the traditional family will have it's toll on society through the consequences of the effects on youth. Is that the only reason Rome fell? No. Is it a possibility that it was a contributing factor, of course.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Do you even stop to think why a statement like the OPs wouldn't be on blogs relating to places where the traditional family is viewed with either suspicion or contempt ... like feminist blogs or gay blogs?

Of course it's going to be referenced more at places where the traditional family is respected which would be places that view groups and ideologies that want to destroy or delegitimize the traditional family, so yes, you would see it referenced on anti-feminist blogs.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
All these problems are forcefully created by our government they know exactly what they are doing they just don't care. It's weird the powers that be want to fulfill prophecy with an almost fanatic fervor.

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
This is about contributing variables that are accumulative and not exclusive.

The Roman Empire fell and let's say historians says there are 10 reasons for this.

One of the reasons is as stated in the OP "The traditional family unit was destroyed", so if that is 1 of 10 that is only 10% of the reasons.

Now lets go further into why the family unit fell apart in a logical way

1) Children don't have fathers around (20%)
2) Women delegate motherly responsibility (20%)
3) Men become demotivated (20%)
4) Homosexuality is prevalent (20%)
5) Prostitution is prevalent (20%)

I put equal importance on each. You may debate the validity of each, but these things DO contribute to divorces and the end of a family unit.
edit on 2-7-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

History has taught us that one of the most successful family units in the world are the Jews .One of the first orders of business for the European Colonialist were destroying the family units of the Natives .What they couldn't separate they put into reservations .

posted on Jul, 2 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   

A specious claim at best. There is plenty more evidence and reason to believe factors such as invasion, a weak and disloyal military, poor agriculture, high taxation, poor leadership, sectarian violence, poor health etc. contributed to the decline of the western Roman Empire. Besides, the eastern Roman Empire lasted for another thousand years or so, family unit or not. It's not like men spent every waking minute in a brothel that they simply forgot to mind the empire.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I agree with all of that, I was reading all about it in my research, you must not have read my earlier post where I stated it was only around a 10% variable.

My point is simple, the family unit helps to bind a successful civilization, and it is under attack from various social changes in modern society. Since it contributed in a small way to an empire crumbling, it's a warning for us today.
edit on 3-7-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

There is an interesting thing about the modern family structures that may indeed mean the end of our western civilisation. I struggle with finding a good source for this, but this stuff is supposed to be genuine and real.

Today nearly all women end up with children, but they often have several children with several men, within the same family. And these children often have siblings born to other women, elsewhere, perhaps even in their own neighbourhood, and maybe they don't even know it. Now this could actually work had all the men participated. But they don't. While nearly 100% of women end up having children, but only about 50% of the men do. Women recycle their men and the criteria for selecting these men are rather absurd too, but that's another story.

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand that this is a genetical catastrophe. When these children grow up, they will have to know where their siblings are, that's one thing, so they don't end up with funny children, and for each generation half of all men are cut off, so the genetic material will diminish into nothing and complete incompatibility in relatively short time. Within a few generations all Westerners alive may end up being cousins or half-siblings and birth defects connected to inbreeding may tower and make perhaps most westerners genetically incompatible sexually. How smart is that?
edit on 3-7-2015 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

You might be right, the Alpha male bad boys are getting all the action these days. Sometimes women ask where are all the nice guys are. I can tell you, and this is no joke, one of the nice guys was telling me the only way he might be able to get any these days was "to go Homo" this is after his divorce from his wife who took advantage of him economically, he paid for her schooling for a few years, when she graduated she divorced him, talk about demotivating.

Some women in the western part of the world are very very picky, their own words. My brother lives in a city that women won't even look at you unless they think you have money, he has been married for many years so he doesn't care, but he thinks that type of snobbery is disgusting.
edit on 3-7-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Women want safety. Men want sex. That's the prototypes for ya. Somehow women think it's safe to gamble on men that they know provide some sort of safety, that's why they keep recycling these "safe men" and "good fathers". But are these men really "safety providers" and "good parents"? And is this strategy smart? Makes me wonder....
edit on 3-7-2015 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

that's probably why:

Feminism Was Created To Destabilize Society, Tax Women and set up the NWO - Aaron Russo
youtu.be...

and proven therapies to cause homosexuals to become straight are being stifled and hidden:

2011 NARTH Conference Dr. Nicholas Cummings
youtu.be...
2011 NARTH (National Association of Research and Therapy of Homosexuality) Conference at the Phoenix Marriott Airport Hotel. Dr. Nicholas A. Cummings past President of the American Psychological Association .

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
"we've come a long way, baby" uh-huh

Alexis de Tocqueville, (1805-1859) the French social philosopher visited America to discover the reasons for our incredible success.  "Democracy in America" (1838)

"Upon my arrival in the United States the religious aspect of the country was the first thing that struck my attention; and the longer I stayed there, the more I perceived the great political consequences resulting from this new state of things.

In France, I had almost always seen the spirit of religion and the spirit of freedom marching in opposite directions. But in America I found they were intimately united and that they reigned in common over the same country.

Religion in America...must be regarded as the foremost of the political institutions of that country; for if it does not impart a taste for freedom, it facilitates the use of it. Indeed, it is in this same point of view that the inhabitants of the United States themselves look upon religious belief.

I do not know whether all Americans have a sincere faith in their religion -- for who can search the human heart? But I am certain that they hold it to be indispensable to the maintenance of republican institutions. This opinion is not peculiar to a class of citizens or a party, but it belongs to the whole nation and to every rank of society.

In the United States, the sovereign authority is religious...there is no country in the world where the Christian religion retains a greater influence over the souls of men than in America, and there can be no greater proof of its utility and of its conformity to human nature than that its influence is powerfully felt over the most enlightened and free nation of the earth.

In the United States, the influence of religion is not confined to the manners, but it extends to the intelligence of the people...

Christianity, therefore, reigns without obstacle, by universal consent...

I sought for the key to the greatness and genius of America in her harbors...; in her fertile fields and boundless forests; in her rich mines and vast world commerce; in her public school system and institutions of learning. I sought for it in her democratic Congress and in her matchless Constitution.

Not until I went into the churches of America and heard her pulpits flame with righteousness did I understand the secret of her genius and power.

America is great because America is good, and if America ever ceases to be good, America will cease to be great. 

The safeguard of morality is religion, and morality is the best security of law as well as the surest pledge of freedom.

The Americans combine the notions of Christianity and of liberty so intimately in their minds, that it is impossible to make them conceive the one without the other

Christianity is the companion of liberty in all its conflicts -- the cradle of its infancy, and the divine source of its claims."

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Verum1quaere

Is this the same religiosity that was used to justify slavery? Lol what bunch of hogwash

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Why are you generalizing women? Your brother must be a sexist women aren't looking for a mate 24/7 to say women only look for men with money is ludicrous.

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

This thread is just looking down on women and saying gay people were apart of the collapse of the Roman empire when neither is true. Romans were one of the most open and sexually accepting people in that century. Rome fell for a variety of reasons economic instability, couldn't control such a vast empire, and hubris and idiocy was rampant among its leaders and citizens, but the biggest one is their military wasn't what it used to be. The glory days of the Roman army were long gone and men deserted their posts regularly and assimilated to whatever community they were assigned to.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join