It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheop’s Pyramid : A theory to explain the internal architecture

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
(post by StevenMyers removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: admirethedistance

originally posted by: MysterX
a reply to: admirethedistance
You, nor anyone else knows conclusively that those shafts were never once intended to both open to the outside surface of the Pyramid and then close again...how could you?

Because the outermost blocks of the pyramid that we see today have been in place since it was constructed, and the shafts stop about 20 feet short of them. It's not difficult to understand.

Given the ultra high level of technology we know the Egyptians possessed, maybe they genetically engineered the limestone to "scab over" once the chamber was sealed with hydraulicals.

Harte

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Perhaps the great Pyramid was not designed to pump water in the manner that people suspect. If older stories (from Ben Mohammed Balki etc) that reputedly came from Egyptian oral history are true, the pyramid was built by King Saurid, 300 years before a great flood (~14500 bc) to preserve knowledge for latter generations. Perhaps the pyramid was built with a mechanism that pumped water out, to keep the interior dry, during the flood. At a much latter date, Khufu modified the existing structures (including sphinx) to further his own greatness.

It would also explain why no hieroglyphs exist in great pyramid and why latter constructions paled in comparison to the older constructions.
edit on 7 7 2015 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: If older stories (from Ben Mohammed Balki etc) that reputedly came from Egyptian oral history are true,

They're not.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
Perhaps the great Pyramid was not designed to pump water in the manner that people suspect. If older stories (from Ben Mohammed Balki etc) that reputedly came from Egyptian oral history are true, the pyramid was built by King Saurid, 300 years before a great flood (~14500 bc) to preserve knowledge for latter generations.

That's attributed to Al-Masudi, but your date is fabricated.

It's from a collection of works (the Al-Khitat) compiled by Al-Makrizi. Interestingly, this same collection tells us of the first time the Great Pyramid was entered - broken into by Arabs.

You can actually read the parts of the Al-Khitat of Al-Maqrizi (1364-1442 CE) involved in this fable at Jason Colavito's website. Link

Harte

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Many of the earlier historians writing about the great pyramid had access to the library of Alexandria so I wouldn't discount their knowledge out of hand. Many tell that the casing stones were covered in ancient writings which suggests that the pyramid was designed to impart ancient knowledge to the new world. What remains is a book without its pages.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Yes its a wonder that the pyramid still stands with the raids from the Arabs and the dynamiting by the Italians etc. Thanks for the link harte, I will read it latter, yes the date was indeed suggested by a recent author in info I was picking up via google books.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk

originally posted by: LoveSolMoonDeath
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Just a point about the blocks vs shafts. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought it was only the Queen's chamber which shafts are blocked and not leading outside. King's chamber shafts, used for filling in this theory, actually leading out.

You're wrong, Rudolph Gantenbrink proved that all the shafts were blocked with his little climbing robot more than 20 years ago

The fact that you don't know this speaks volumes about your level of understanding

You're sooooo great it speaks volume.

I think I'll start your fan club.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend

Many of the earlier historians writing about the great pyramid had access to the library of Alexandria so I wouldn't discount their knowledge out of hand. Many tell that the casing stones were covered in ancient writings which suggests that the pyramid was designed to impart ancient knowledge to the new world. What remains is a book without its pages.

Nothing about that would suggest any intention to "impart ancient knowledge to the new world". The ancient Egyptians inscribed or painted hieroglyphs on nearly everything.

posted on Jul, 7 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

that's the thing with the pyramids, so many theories, so little actual knowledge.

That's right, hundreds of years of scientific exploration is worthless
to you

With so much unexplained regarding not just the Giza pyramids, but of those scattered all over this world of ours, it's actually foolhardy to dismiss anything out of hand, even the bizarre.

It has a burial chamber, built on the inside of a tomb, set inside a necropolis with a mortuary temple outside, where you claim "unexplained" there, you really are showing your ignorance.
This was almost written for you
en.wikipedia.org...

Is ignorance of civility and good manners also ignorance?

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Herodotus saw an artificial duct connected to the Great Pyramid and wrote about it in his book. Maybe that was the input or output of the Great Pyramid water pump. He also described the Great Pyramid as being like an island surrounded by water. There was a wall around the Great Pyramid and it has been suggested that the wall's purpose was to impound water.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: StevenMyers
Herodotus saw an artificial duct connected to the Great Pyramid and wrote about it in his book. Maybe that was the input or output of the Great Pyramid water pump. He also described the Great Pyramid as being like an island surrounded by water. There was a wall around the Great Pyramid and it has been suggested that the wall's purpose was to impound water.

No he didn't go back and read his works his stories were told to him by his guides. And one told him cheops was buried on an artificial island in the pyramid. Much like the 1st emperor of china. Just instead of liquid Mercury the guide claimed it was fed by an underground tunnel from the nile. Thing is that would have been terribly easy to find for one. Next even the Egyptians would have been smart enough to know all they had to do was dig down below the water table and wouldn't bother to make a canal to get water in the pyramid.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoveSolMoonDeath

that's the thing with the pyramids, so many theories, so little actual knowledge.

That's right, hundreds of years of scientific exploration is worthless
to you

With so much unexplained regarding not just the Giza pyramids, but of those scattered all over this world of ours, it's actually foolhardy to dismiss anything out of hand, even the bizarre.

It has a burial chamber, built on the inside of a tomb, set inside a necropolis with a mortuary temple outside, where you claim "unexplained" there, you really are showing your ignorance.
This was almost written for you
en.wikipedia.org...

Is ignorance of civility and good manners also ignorance?

Not when its aimed at the ignorant, they cancel out.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
All I am saying is that Herodotus wrote about an artificial duct connected to the Great Pyramid. Some have suggested this is a feature related to the Great Pyramid being a water pump.

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: StevenMyers
All I am saying is that Herodotus wrote about an artificial duct connected to the Great Pyramid. Some have suggested this is a feature related to the Great Pyramid being a water pump.

Considering that Herodotus himself said "my rule in this history is that I record what is said by all as I have heard it", which would make anything he said inadmissible in a court as its complete hearsay, perhaps you could copy and paste those words of Herodotus that you're making claims for, you keep making a claim that we have seen no evidence for
post it

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Why do people keep coming up with these theories that have no bearing on what the texts clearly tell us ?

Not a pump not a seed vault and Not a tomb !

Start with reading the texts ... all of them from around the world

Learn the root symbols that languages are built upon .

If you do you will begin to see a cohesive pattern emerge .

Throw in some cutting edge physics concepts that are emerging as the new paradigm ...

then you will be in a position to understand the ancients .

posted on Jul, 8 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: R0CR13

Why don't you tell us your thoughts on the matter then?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Honestly I've tried in the past to lay it out and be thorough enough to provide reasonable picture of the whole process and function .
But this or any forum is not the place for such a lengthy thread besides it will have the usual naysayer Grand Poobahs of Dogma piling on before you get two posts up .
I don't have all the answers but I do have a cohesive theory that explains the ancient texts from a scientific perspective .
Quite simply the GP is an empty shell that housed the components of a device that enabled the ancients to do what they have tried to do over and over for 15000 years since the destruction of the great ice age civilization . The time the sky rose and the rope was broken . the story repeats in every culture with local bias in the description . When I'm ready I'll post all the information compiled in a cohesive and comprehensive manner . That is the only way people will grasp the whole picture .
Dunn was basically heading int the right direction but his conclusions are wrong . the water pump is wrong but water played a vital part . as far as a seed vault .. no but there is no doubt that there are many hidden areas within the pyramids that are not yet accessible . who knows what we may yet find if proper studies are finally allowed to be made and PUBLISHED ...

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: R0CR13

Dunn was basically heading int the right direction but his conclusions are wrong . the water pump is wrong but water played a vital part . as far as a seed vault .. no but there is no doubt that there are many hidden areas within the pyramids that are not yet accessible . who knows what we may yet find if proper studies are finally allowed to be made and PUBLISHED ...

They have been published, what you mean is that nothing has been published which supports anything you believe...
Right ?

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Marduk

Published what a laugh .

You OBVIOUSLY don't know what your talking about .

But that is obvious

The complete data from most if not all surveys is not shared publicly .

But what has been shared indicates many chambers spaces and passages .

But you know that .. right ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join